This debate is getting pretty didactic.

Jun 5, 2011
This debate is getting pretty didactic.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 81 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Wow, this argument again? Uncharted 2 is broken in many w...

Jun 5, 2011

ryaniscool47 wrote:

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have been complaining and complaining about how brokenUncharted 2 is are now complaining and complaining  that the next game is going to be too different from the multiplayer they have "come to know and love".   

Also, Eugenides, Uncharted 3 is not "a continuation" of UC2.  It's a whole new game, as has been said by the developers on multiple occasions.  It's not Uncharted 2.5.  They look to have overhauled just about every single component from what I've seen so far, and it is likely that the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, while preserving some basic gameplay components, will be a completely different and new experience.  So judging it as "something you don't like" so prematurely just seems a bit overly pessimistic.  

Wow, this argument again? Uncharted 2 is broken in many ways, hence why many of us were hoping for a vastly improved version in Uncharted 3. Fixing all the issues, improving other aspects, giving us customization, and new maps, etc. There is plenty that could have been (and is being) done to make UC3 far superior, that didn't involve grabbing a bunch of different features from other games. I don't understand why people seem to think that just because we're not thrilled with the direction UC3 is going, that we just wanted Uncharted 2 all over again.

And anyway, seeing as Uncharted has that little "3" at the end of it, I do consider it a continuation of the series. The story doesn't have to be a direct follow-up to be considered a sequel. I think you're reading a little too deeply into that comment of mine.

The bottom line is, I am fully entitled to have whatever opinions/inhibitions that I would like to, based off what I've seen. No one has the right to tell me otherwise, and you certainly won't catch me doing so to people of differing views. That's all I'm saying. I'm getting sick and tired of having to defend myself on this, in all honesty. I've continued putting the veritable footnote at the end of many of my posts, explaining that I'm still interested to see if my feelings change upon playing the beta.

But until then, I'm standing by my instincts.

Message 82 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

All of the discussions about this should be locked until...

Jun 5, 2011

All of the discussions about this should be locked until June 28th. Seriously people, you can't make ANYTHING look good...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 83 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

HEY! We are all allowed to have an opinion!

Jun 5, 2011
HEY! We are all allowed to have an opinion!

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 84 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Nah, disagreed. There's nothing wrong with speculation/di...

Jun 5, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

All of the discussions about this should be locked until June 28th. Seriously people, you can't make ANYTHING look good...

Nah, disagreed. There's nothing wrong with speculation/discussion. Given the level of excitement for the game, we all want to talk about it. I'm just tired of the "disappointed" crowd being challenged at every turn.

I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions just because I'll have at least 3 people per thread telling me not to feel that way.

Message 85 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4883 posts

That's like saying "Final Fantasy has the number XII...

Jun 5, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

ryaniscool47 wrote:

You know what confuses me?  The very same people who have been complaining and complaining about how brokenUncharted 2 is are now complaining and complaining  that the next game is going to be too different from the multiplayer they have "come to know and love".   

Also, Eugenides, Uncharted 3 is not "a continuation" of UC2.  It's a whole new game, as has been said by the developers on multiple occasions.  It's not Uncharted 2.5.  They look to have overhauled just about every single component from what I've seen so far, and it is likely that the multiplayer in Uncharted 3, while preserving some basic gameplay components, will be a completely different and new experience.  So judging it as "something you don't like" so prematurely just seems a bit overly pessimistic.  

And anyway, seeing as Uncharted has that little "3" at the end of it, I do consider it a continuation of the series. The story doesn't have to be a direct follow-up to be considered a sequel. I think you're reading a little too deeply into that comment of mine.

That's like saying "Final Fantasy has the number XIII on it therefore I consider it a continuation of XII or VII" which in reality it isn't as the games are completely separate from each other but they're only related by name.

Uncharted while they do share the same characters and bits from the other games I would not consider it a continuation since each entry is separate to each other. Uncharted 1 and 2 are completely different to each other despite sharing the same characters and small references to the other games. They are separate games with separate storylines. Which makes it easier for players to get into since they don't have to backtrack through other games to understand what is going on. Uncharted 3 will only reference a bit of Uncharted 1 through Drakes ring but it's still significantly minor.

Like I've said, continuations involve an overarching storyline through multiple games as well as the characters, Assassins Creed and Mass Effect both share an overarching storyline through the games as well as characters that go through the series.

Message 86 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

But you keep repeating your opinion like you're trying to...

Jun 5, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

Nah, disagreed. There's nothing wrong with speculation/discussion. Given the level of excitement for the game, we all want to talk about it. I'm just tired of the "disappointed" crowd being challenged at every turn.

I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions just because I'll have at least 3 people per thread telling me not to feel that way.

But you keep repeating your opinion like you're trying to get Naughty Dog to listen, when they already have, but are ignoring it because of that one reason we're all aware of.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 87 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Well said.

Jun 5, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

But you keep repeating your opinion like you're trying to get Naughty Dog to listen, when they already have, but are ignoring it because of that one reason we're all aware of.

Well said.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 88 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Err, contributing to relevant threads means I'm repeating...

Jun 5, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

Err, contributing to relevant threads means I'm repeating my opinion? Not really sure why that is.

And as this is really our only place to communicate directly with Naughty Dog, then sure, there is the potential for them to take note of their community's thoughts. Do I think that will happen? Not really, no. And that's not what I'm aiming for at all.

Why do I have to have some sort of motive? I just like discussing my viewpoint, and reading other peoples'.

Message 89 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Yes.

Jun 5, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Is this really what we wanted?

Yes.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 90 of 108 (98 Views)
0 Likes