Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Re: Issues being looked at on Patch 1.13

Aug 10, 2012

TheExtracter wrote:
Can someone please comment, has the para's BF buffed? I say plenty of people of people on blind firing with drakes para and succeding all too often, even from 10 ft+

I can comment, that it's always been ridiculous.

Message 221 of 280 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

homes500 wrote:

@DeluxeGemini I think ND should change the matchmaking to regional matchmaking it would make the MP experience so much better.

I honestly felt like there was some sort of regional match matching before this patch.  Ive had laggy matches in the past but nothing this bad at a constant rate.  Im getting matched up with non stop foreigners that seem to live thru everything.  I turn grey screen instantly from a M9 and nades have the biggest freaking radius now.  Everything is atleast a whole 2 seconds behind me which makes an incredible difference in gameplay.  I was totally fine before this patch came out now the game is **bleep** near unplayable.

Message 222 of 280 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

ND can we please go back to Ping based matchmaking? Matching by level doesn't work anyways because everyone is going into legacy and so level is irrelevant to skill. Unless your level matchmaking factors in legacies it is useless at the moment. Ping based will at least remove the gauranteed lag you encounter from people very far away and when the game is less laggy mechanics work better and everyone is happier. Ping based matchmaking means everyone wins. Even low levels will have a better shot if they aren't torn apart by horrendous lag, or even smaller lag that constantly sets them at a disadvantage. 

Message 223 of 280 (220 Views)
Wastelander
580 posts

Aug 10, 2012
@DeluxeGemini You could be right the matchmaking was WAAAYY more tolerable before the patch now every match when i'm about to kill someone white plug then few seconds later I die with the other player lagging all over the place its ridiculous.
Message 224 of 280 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Aug 10, 2012

I don't really notice a difference in lag after the patch.

Some nights it's pretty darn good. Some nights it's a frustrating nightmare. I've seen both since Tuesday. Wednesday night was they worst since the patch.

I find it helps to be in a 4 or 5 man party with people close to your location regionally. I'm in Va. I play with guys in Fla, Ala, SC and Ohio. We still see lag, but we can overcome it to a degree (except wednesday night). It kinda seems like having so many players in a party with fairly close geographical ties gives us a good chance at being host. I could be wrong. But it kinda seems that way.

But overall, it's still as laggy as ever. The bars beside names mean very little apparently. And besides you can't back out once the names and bars come up. So you just gotta deal with the laggers and go 8-8 with 10+ assists and maybe get the win. Or back out and take the loss, but avoid the frustration of nearly invincible laggers.

REGION LOCK!

REGIONAL SEARCH OPTION!

LAG COMPENSATION ADJUSTMENT!

pick one ND

Message 225 of 280 (193 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Aug 10, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

I don't really notice a difference in lag after the patch.

I noticed it almost instantly just hours after the patch came out.  Ive never died to the M9 so fast the whole time Ive been playing UC.  I thought it was just me at first but several of my friends have been non stop complaining about how laggy its become.

Message 226 of 280 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Aug 10, 2012
I also agree the number of laggers I've been encountering seems to increased since patch. I honestly thought stuff like the encounters GoldHawk has in his videos were urban myths and folktales, but now I am seeing this lag 1st hand... Smiley Sad
Message 227 of 280 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5067 posts

Aug 10, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

ND can we please go back to Ping based matchmaking? Matching by level doesn't work anyways because everyone is going into legacy and so level is irrelevant to skill.

Did they revert the matchmaking priorities?

Message 228 of 280 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
87 posts

Aug 10, 2012

JmVp24 wrote:

The biggest priority is to fix Chloe's hair? You have got to be **bleep** joking. LMAO do you realize how laggy your game is? YOUR BIGGEST PRIORITY IS TO PROVIDE REGIONAL MATCHMAKING FOR A BETTER MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE. 

Do you realise that this is not the way to give feedback? Oh AND I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO!

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Message 229 of 280 (182 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Has the Fort's background always been broken? I was playing shade survival and the distance was scattered. Happened three times, each time I picked this map.
Message 230 of 280 (167 Views)
0 Likes