Survivor
2348 posts

Re: It's been two years...

Apr 18, 2013

left4bread3 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

i remember the betas having intro cutscenes for yemen and chateau, but since when did they have outro cutscenes (the video had some on airport)? 

They had both i dont think i played that beta much if at all i was new to Uncharted then, however theres a bunch of beta videos on youtube where you can see them, i think only cheatau, yemen and airport only had them... they looked awesome, another great thing that was removed.

haven't seen you on the forums that much anymore ... but ya they were pretty good, but killzone 3 did a much better job at it while playing the Operation game mode there was an intro cinematic and an outro cinematic, as well as cutscenes after every round (if the game progressed that far) and you would view it from your team's perspective (and the top 3 players on each team were in the midgame / ending cutscene))

(fyi Operations was basically a mode where one team had 3 tasks to perform (to do in sequential order, since after each new task was completed a new area of the map would open up) and one team defended against the attacks ... after every successful task was completed their was a cinematic, if a task wasn't successful than the defending team won the game... the only problem was that the didn't have that many maps for this mode)

here's an example of the cutscenes from one map (showing both sides):

Message 11 of 25 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Exactly two years ago from today?

Let's see... Trading stuff in a game. Probs also playing Roblox.

I didn't play ANYTHING UC-related until around my birthday on May, and that was UDF. I got UC3 around Decemberish because although I thought uDF is great, it was another one-hit wonder from a company I'll never see again.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 25 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 18, 2013
I mean I THOUGHT IT WAS A ONEHIT WONDER.

UC2 hit me again after Uc3.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 25 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Funny that was what alot of people thought back in 2007 when UDF intially flopped with an 88k 1st week debut then word of mouth happened lol.

Message 14 of 25 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I remember a lot of things from the beta:

- G-MAL was in its op state (remember when stopping power was restored to it originally?  That was the beta G-MAL)

- Headache (clueless as to why this medal is gone)

- Enemy formations in Co-op were random (think of if round 10 Crushing enemies appeared in round 2, then round 3 had round 1 foes)

- Covert Ops was one kill

- Gold Rush had no kill limit (made 70-80K per game abusing these two AND...)

- Timed kickbacks could be made "permanent" for the next match by having them last through the end of the game

- Kickbacks could be stacked (possible secret Overstock testing maybe?)

- I lost the Merc Armor because my progress wasn't saved

- A lot of people getting their profiles reset (I was likely on the verge, but the beta ended before this could happen)

- There weren't any villains aside from the generic, which sucked

- Elena was only playable in Syria Adv.

- You could store the PAK-80 on your chest and stand in the window of the tower to blast everyone down from below in Syria

- The Para 9 sounded like the 92FS (still love that sound more, reminds me of G1 Transformers for some reason)

- 12 Parsecs required less than 10 minutes to obtain (deliberately set up to make Co-op players power up BitS in Syria and p*** me off)

- Slogging through crap like Hardcore and Hunter for beta rewards

- Being one of the few to reach into the 40's (did anyone crack 50?  I missed a lot of time the second week due to no Arena)

- Current Rank: Bronze, the early indication of Legacy

- The font for the rank numbers was the same as it is now, telling me Rank 76-100 had already been cut at that point.

- Rank 27, 28, and I think 29 required less XP each than the trek from 25 to 26.  That was weird.

- The Rank emblems were mostly cooler (that sun for the 20's could go die in the arctic though)

- I got Drake's Aviators rather easily.  It took over a year before I got to wear them again.

I prefer the game as it is now to the beta, mostly.  I do want my 92FS sound effect and 12 Parsecs medals back though.

Message 15 of 25 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Apr 18, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

left4bread3 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

i remember the betas having intro cutscenes for yemen and chateau, but since when did they have outro cutscenes (the video had some on airport)? 

They had both i dont think i played that beta much if at all i was new to Uncharted then, however theres a bunch of beta videos on youtube where you can see them, i think only cheatau, yemen and airport only had them... they looked awesome, another great thing that was removed.

haven't seen you on the forums that much anymore ... but ya they were pretty good, but killzone 3 did a much better job at it while playing the Operation game mode there was an intro cinematic and an outro cinematic, as well as cutscenes after every round (if the game progressed that far) and you would view it from your team's perspective (and the top 3 players on each team were in the midgame / ending cutscene))

(fyi Operations was basically a mode where one team had 3 tasks to perform (to do in sequential order, since after each new task was completed a new area of the map would open up) and one team defended against the attacks ... after every successful task was completed their was a cinematic, if a task wasn't successful than the defending team won the game... the only problem was that the didn't have that many maps for this mode)

I have the killzone 3 MP no need to explain Smiley Happy

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Message 16 of 25 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 18, 2013
overall better, i do miss those intros though :/
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 17 of 25 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Apr 18, 2013

left4bread3 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

left4bread3 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

I have the killzone 3 MP no need to explain Smiley Happy

lol i didn't know, i never see you playing it Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 25 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Funny that was what alot of people thought back in 2007 when UDF intially flopped with an 88k 1st week debut then word of mouth happened lol.

I really thought it was like... one cool game, no sequels, and I was kinda disappointed.

Also the reason I still play Uncharted is because my story playthrough is screwed: UDF > UC3 > UC2

Message 19 of 25 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 19, 2013

i miss the beta, i wish i was around for the second half of the original open beta and missed out on Syria and Yemen (i think they were the maps), it's a shame ive now lost the account i had played the beta on, no rewards Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 25 (186 Views)
0 Likes