Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 8018 posts

It's been two years...

32 replies 449 views Edited Oct 1, 2013

Well technically 2 years +1 day :smileytongue:...

Anyway...

It's been two years since the release of the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Subway Promotion. What were your feelings during the release, pre release, and after release? Was it what you expected? Did you have fun? Were you frustrated? Were you hopeful?

Here is the commercial for the Subway Beta, as well as a trailer made by everyone's favorite developer, Robert Cogburn.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1952 posts

Re: It's been two years...

Oct 1, 2013
Subway beta was a mess, but at least then it wasn't the M9/Para-9/KAL fest it is today, people used every gun, well, maybe not the AK-47, but everything else was popular. Plus, almost no lag. When release came along, KAL was considered OP, it was, but FAL-SS and M9 (with or without RoF) were far better. After many months the game was starting look brighter, and played far better than the beta, then 1.13 came along and murdered it in cold blood. Now we are back to Subway beta gameplay but most of the weapons suck **bleep**.

Anyway, I wonder if we will actully get the anniversary gift this time. I'll laugh if it's Anniversary Drake and he has a #1 on his shirt, but I'm guessing it will be something basic, IF we get it.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

As was stated the subway beta was a mess Blindfire ruled all, like it does today.

@SjShane- Almost sure the Anniversary gift will probably be free DLC Maps & one final patch. I think they'll keep their word based on their sudden interest to keep the game afloat for a few more months.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1952 posts

Oct 1, 2013
If DLC is free, I hope they don't handle it the same way they did with Uncharted 2, they need to patch the maps into the game, no more splitting the player pool, no more DLC toggle, just one big pool full of players. If not, new players won't know to download it and the high levels looking to beat up on newbies will just keep it off, then after a month everyone will be back to the default maps.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Oct 1, 2013

SjShane wrote:
If DLC is free, I hope they don't handle it the same way they did with Uncharted 2, they need to patch the maps into the game, no more splitting the player pool, no more DLC toggle, just one big pool full of players. If not, new players won't know to download it and the high levels looking to beat up on newbies will just keep it off, then after a month everyone will be back to the default maps.

I can't see them patching it into the game that would be like a 2GB patch lol.

The message of the day should hopefully spread awareness if they actually do release the maps for free.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Oct 1, 2013

That Subway promo..... Oh America!

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1952 posts

Oct 2, 2013
754.2MB for just the three map packs, I'm not counting Fort Co-op Adventure since I often see it show up in the default pool. (Finding two players with one DLC add-on isn't very hard) Honestly, the wait would be worth it for the effect it would have on this split player pool, and lag would decrease. Plus, all the maps could finally have equal chances of showing up, but if they remain downloadable, a player could just download Flashback Map Pack 1 and forget about the other two packs. Hopefully ND hasn't forgotten what happened last year, the DLC pool was broken and everyone was forced to play default maps, there's a good chance this problem will occur once more when they no longer plan to change the map rotation, hell, I think it's already started, I've been finding lots of default maps recently.

The message of the day advertising free maps would help, but let's be fair, some of these remaining players are really young, or are new to the gaming world, they won't even know to how download them. Then there's the players who just downloaded the F2P client and won't feel like waiting for anything else to download. And I know many high-level players who will jump at the chance to go on a noob stomping.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (323 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Oct 2, 2013

SjShane wrote:
 And I know many high-level players who will jump at the chance to go on a noob stomping.

Is it like, almost everyone, or literally everyone? I always forget. I'm sure it's one of those two.

Anyway. Are we releasing free DLC or what, ND? 2 years, come on. You did it with UC2.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (321 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 2, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Well technically 2 years +1 day :smileytongue:...

Anyway...

It's been two years since the release of the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Subway Promotion. What were your feelings during the release, pre release, and after release? Was it what you expected? Did you have fun? Were you frustrated? Were you hopeful?

Here is the commercial for the Subway Beta, as well as a trailer made by everyone's favorite developer, Robert Cogburn.

Am I the only one who laughed at the end of the second video when Cogburn said that he was full on a footlong? I'm sorry but even though I try to show the upmost respect to people as well as some ND Developers, even if it is the infamous KAL Cogburn, that killed me :smileyvery-happy:

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

As was stated the subway beta was a mess Blindfire ruled all, like it does today.

@SjShane- Almost sure the Anniversary gift will probably be free DLC Maps & one final patch. I think they'll keep their word based on their sudden interest to keep the game afloat for a few more months.

It would make sense considering the milestone .20 patch is next.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (316 Views)
0 Likes