Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2275 posts

Re: It's been two years...

Oct 3, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Oh god, I can't really complain about Uncharted's campaign (and multiplayer) now. If some of those concepts were in the game, it would have really ruined it... seriously, I'm considering going to work at Naughty Dog just so I can write a proper script. Like, if I can get 10/10 for a 3000 word creative writing piece in English, I think I can somewhat make a script for a game... And no, my creative writing WAS NOT about anything Twilight-related.

why is the 3000 word creative piece only out of 10? seems like something that would have been more appropriately graded with a percentage or a level based system?

Message 21 of 33 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Oh god, I can't really complain about Uncharted's campaign (and multiplayer) now. If some of those concepts were in the game, it would have really ruined it... seriously, I'm considering going to work at Naughty Dog just so I can write a proper script. Like, if I can get 10/10 for a 3000 word creative writing piece in English, I think I can somewhat make a script for a game... And no, my creative writing WAS NOT about anything Twilight-related.

why is the 3000 word creative piece only out of 10? seems like something that would have been more appropriately graded with a percentage or a level based system?

Welcome to 'Straya.

Besides, percentages are usually only reserved for assessments and tests. Not just an English task.

Bang Bang!

Message 22 of 33 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Oct 3, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Well technically 2 years +1 day :smileytongue:...

Anyway...

It's been two years since the release of the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Subway Promotion. What were your feelings during the release, pre release, and after release? Was it what you expected? Did you have fun? Were you frustrated? Were you hopeful?

Here is the commercial for the Subway Beta, as well as a trailer made by everyone's favorite developer, Robert Cogburn.

I just started playing Uncharted 3 (Uncharted general) a few days befor Patch 1.13 but... I simply want that awesome Subway Drake ♥

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 23 of 33 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Oct 6, 2013

SonGaton wrote:
I just started playing Uncharted 3 (Uncharted general) a few days befor Patch 1.13 but... I simply want that awesome Subway Drake ♥

Awwww, you remind me of me, i remember in 2011 i joined this community after patch 1.09 on Uncharted 2, haha, i love this. :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 33 (214 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

That is when Uncharted 3 was amazing.

A kudo for some sweet nostalgia.  Anyone remember the super-hated power-play?  What was it again, seriously can't remember and I'm too lazy to find it.  Anyway the rage it caused was kind of amusing.  The thing I remember most about the first day was getting stuck in a planter on Chateau.  Good times.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 33 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18748 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:
Anyone remember the super-hated power-play?  What was it again, seriously can't remember and I'm too lazy to find it.  Anyway the rage it caused was kind of amusing.

Cursed, and Naughty Dog removed it before almost anyone could actually test it out.

Honestly, the idea of a Cursed power play was their best idea in terms of power plays; the winning team is handicapped, but if they pay attention, they can defeat the power play. The enemy team also does not gain some big advantage that makes killing the other team super easy either.

I wish it never got removed. It sounded like a really cool and fun idea, not to mention that it fits with the Uncharted lore much more than the current power plays do.

Message 26 of 33 (198 Views)
Gaming Beast
2029 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Cursed was an epic power play. I ran to the nearest corner and killed anyone that got close to me. It would have made clans rage at each other.
Message 27 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10104 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Cursed, I'm assuming, is like the kickback with the gas? The "You **bleep**er can you NOT see I'm not shooting you because I'm your teammate you stupid **bleep** retarded moron CoD-playing **bleep**" kickback?

Yeah I'd like that.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 28 of 33 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2131 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013
The only problem with Cursed was if you used Cloaked, you had no player arrow for your team mates so they would probably shoot you... That being said, it kinda balanced things out, I mean the Booster does let you avoid a Power Play, two Boosters, two Kickbacks, Call Out and a Paid Booster, on top of making you silent (Or semi silent before patch 1.09). It kinda made sense for it to have one negative effect.

It was good that they added Cured Idol as a replacement, but let's be fair, what good does it do for anyone unless they want to troll, and even then, it doesn't last very long. I'd love it if they buffed it so you're cursed for over a minute, the gas lasts for 30 seconds, and maybe make Team Safe prevent Team Mates from being effected.
Pepsi
Message 29 of 33 (178 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10104 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Team Safe making Cursed ineffective to teammates is a bit overpowered. I was actually thinking TS prevents TK, and that's it.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 30 of 33 (170 Views)