Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
50 posts

Re: It's odd that headshots are never one hit kills in co op

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

I hate the shift of headshots. In U2, If I was injured and a few enemies marched to my cover, I could quickly aim for their heads and get back into cover and heal, but in U3 I have to blindfire from cover, and if anyone runs towards me, I just spray bullets while I wait for them to kill me.

Lombax Warrior

But that's just because for U2 ND directly transferred the single player enemy A.I. and all their characteristics to the co op multiplayer seamlessly, unlike U3. I actually just played a couple matches of U2 co op arena and those are harder, and I just can't ascertain why.

If you noticed from your switch from uncharted 2 to 3, The U2 enemies are programmed to seek you out and destroy you, but U3 enemies usually camp in one spot, or run from to a spot, and ignore you, even if you shoot at them; however, U2 AI told the computer to turn around and shoot immediately if the bot was hit. I mean, U3 enemies do attack you, but they wait, or sit for you to come into their area, otherwise they will just sit back and relax, which I hate.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (158 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I would think because the "experts" would just steal every kill with it. I remember in U2 I was able to camp one spot and just get headshots as the enemies drop down.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Oct 21, 2012
"OH **bleep** HES SHOOTING AT ME WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I-" -dead-

"Why the hell was he just standing there, Nate?"
"Maybe they're Eddy's guys."
"Ha."
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Shadow3124 wrote:

I hate the shift of headshots. In U2, If I was injured and a few enemies marched to my cover, I could quickly aim for their heads and get back into cover and heal, but in U3 I have to blindfire from cover, and if anyone runs towards me, I just spray bullets while I wait for them to kill me.

Lombax Warrior

But that's just because for U2 ND directly transferred the single player enemy A.I. and all their characteristics to the co op multiplayer seamlessly, unlike U3. I actually just played a couple matches of U2 co op arena and those are harder, and I just can't ascertain why.

If you noticed from your switch from uncharted 2 to 3, The U2 enemies are programmed to seek you out and destroy you, but U3 enemies usually camp in one spot, or run from to a spot, and ignore you, even if you shoot at them; however, U2 AI told the computer to turn around and shoot immediately if the bot was hit. I mean, U3 enemies do attack you, but they wait, or sit for you to come into their area, otherwise they will just sit back and relax, which I hate.

Ironic, because it's the opposite when comparing that aspect in the campaigns of the Uncharted sequels. In U3 SP, enemies were more inclined to advance on your position faster and more frequently.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I don't see any difference between the AI across all games. Same ol' stand still before shooting logic all AI has. There's no difference to frequency and if you think there is, it's placebo.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Oct 24, 2012
You can't complain about realism in this game. If you want it to be realistic being shot in the heart would be an instant kill. Also being shot
In the spine or legs would cripple you. You
Would be lying there waiting to die. A lot of stuff would have to change.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Oct 25, 2012

MrMackey13 wrote:
You can't complain about realism in this game. If you want it to be realistic being shot in the heart would be an instant kill. Also being shot
In the spine or legs would cripple you. You
Would be lying there waiting to die. A lot of stuff would have to change.

That's not my grievance, I just wish co op for U3 was seamlessly blended from the single player like U2. I love U3, but the co op is a throw away at the moment. 

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (57 Views)
0 Likes