Jun 12 2011
By: King_Kevin97 First Son 23 posts

Jumping from heights

9 replies 14 views Edited Jun 12, 2011

I have been playing uncharted 2 for a while now, and I have noticed that Jumping from a tall platform (like in the temple where the deagle is) onto the ground, and surviving let alone not hurt.

So I have seen loads of videos but there hasn't been one of those times where I am able to see if falling from a height WILL injure you. 

It is helpful in some cases, but the amount of times I have been stealthed in the temple or in the santucary where they jump from those square tile roof tops.

Message 1 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Ackshually, some falls in uncharted 2 will kill you. For...

Jun 12, 2011

Ackshually, some falls in uncharted 2 will kill you. For example take the sniper platform on the right where the heroes spawn. If you jump into the hole in the ground-BAM! You're dead.

Just sayin'!

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 2 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

This is just my idea

Jun 12, 2011

but I think that's one of the things that makes Uncharted so unique. When you're being followed by someone, you dont wanna jump and die right? It has happened to me, I was being followed by a dude, and I jumped and managed to hide.

What if I jumped, and died? There would be no point in running then ._.

All men dream, but not equally

"THAT'S BULL, WE ALL DREAM ABOUT UNCHARTED"

Message 3 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

What map? I'm fairly certain any deaths from high jumps a...

Jun 12, 2011

mildoo124 wrote:

Ackshually, some falls in uncharted 2 will kill you. For example take the sniper platform on the right where the heroes spawn. If you jump into the hole in the ground-BAM! You're dead.

Just sayin'!

What map? I'm fairly certain any deaths from high jumps are due to geometry glitches, not because of how high you jumped from. You can live from a jump on the top of the Sanctuary bases.

Message 4 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

Uncharted 2 has no falling damage so it makes the auto le...

Jun 12, 2011
Uncharted 2 has no falling damage so it makes the auto ledge grab useless and annoying !!!!!!! Why did they include auto ledge grab only on bad places !!!!!!
Phala1234 Trophy
Message 5 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

If you hold down circle while jumping it won't auto ledge...

Jun 12, 2011

Phala1234 wrote:
Uncharted 2 has no falling damage so it makes the auto ledge grab useless and annoying !!!!!!! Why did they include auto ledge grab only on bad places !!!!!!

If you hold down circle while jumping it won't auto ledge grab, actually. Fun fact!

Anyway, I would prefer if there was no falling damage, honestly. In a game with so many platforming elements like Uncharted (especially looking at the new map designs for UC3), I'd much rather be able to just run, jump, and climb stuff freely like a total monkey without having to worry about whether or not I'll get killed by it. I mean, when I'm getting shot, I want to be able to do whatever it takes to escape. I am going to jump the heck off that building, if necessary!

That's just me, though.

Message 6 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

It's in the Ice Cave.

Jun 12, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:

Just sayin'!

What map? I'm fairly certain any deaths from high jumps are due to geometry glitches, not because of how high you jumped from. You can live from a jump on the top of the Sanctuary bases.

It's in the Ice Cave.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 7 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Yeah, I really think that's just a fluke. By comparison t...

Jun 12, 2011

mildoo124 wrote:

pdiss88 wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:

Just sayin'!

It's in the Ice Cave.

Yeah, I really think that's just a fluke. By comparison to so many other maps, that's barely even a jump. Could be that the impact causes you to hit a death plane? I always kinda wondered.

If you can jump from the topmost building in Highrise, all the way down to the lowest level in the other building, and survive, I have no idea why that little leap in Ice Cave should kill you. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

thanks for telling me :D BUT still i would just overjump...

Jun 12, 2011
thanks for telling me :smileyvery-happy: BUT still i would just overjump it and fall off a cliff instead :smileysad: like the hammer place in the sanctuary... it will always auto grab there... its not even tall so why???
Phala1234 Trophy
Message 9 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

I think you should have some sort of delay after you land...

Jun 12, 2011

I think you should have some sort of delay after you land, nothing too big though. Maybe Monkey man would even cancel the delay. Either way I doubt this will be integrated into U3.

Keep in mind, you're not always supposed to win, it's not always going to be fair, sometimes you'll just be at a disadvanatge, that's how the game works, it's not a fighting game, or a 1v1, there's way too many variables to make every single encounter a fair fight.

I don't think it's right for someone to get the jump on you, and for you to simply negate that by jumping off a tower and disappearing in a cave down below. War is'nt fair, pretty soon everyone will just want to have the entire game last like the shoot out segments in RDR, constantly respawning in front of someone, at the same time, same place, again and again.

Message 10 of 10 (14 Views)
0 Likes