Mar 11 2014
By: ZsQ-RubikS Lombax Warrior 204 posts

Jumpshots

[ Edited ]
23 replies 894 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

Hello, everybody.

I just wanted to ask, when you have a sniper equipped, and you go in for a jump shot, is it all luck or do you need to be at a specific distance from your opponent. Auto aim barely happens with the the snipers (obviously), but i've seen some guy from DeFy, who's got a bunch of jump snipes. Is it aimbot, or is it technique?

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 1 of 24 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Jumpshots

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

ZsQ-RubikS wrote:

Hello, everybody.

I just wanted to ask, when you have a sniper equipped, and you go in for a jump shot, is it all luck or do you need to be at a specific distance from your opponent. Auto aim barely happens with the the snipers (obviously), but i've seen some guy from DeFy, who's got a bunch of jump snipes. Is it aimbot, or is it technique?

mostly luck, but sometimes if you're in a close enough proximity to an enemy it will auto aim the shot just like with the rpg (but less frequently of course) in the case of this defy bandwagoner i'm guessing that overtime they might have figured out a technique on where exactly the enemy should be or how big the range can be, etc... but if this was a montage video (which it sounds like it is) it won't show you all the failed attempts; there is no for sure way of dramatically improving your chances like in cod, but there might be a slight chance of increasing your luck the more you attempt it / figure out the limitations that will work for a "jump snipe" (like in most aspects of this game; the more you practice with it the better / more knowledgeable you will get at it)

i can only recall one successful  "jump snipe" attempt atm, in this one occurance (jumping from the top section of desert village onto the roof with the t-bolt spawn located on it) i shot the enemy in the knee and it was basically from point blank range so there wasn't really much room for error but i suggest you just figure out the criteria (if there is any) on what the factors have to be in order to achieve a "jump snipe" and just take it from there

i would also like to know if there is somekind of technique to regular standing hipfire with the t-bolt as well because i don't see how there could be a theory into making it work other than it just being random ... i'll give you an example, a while back i attempted hipfire with the t-bolt for the first time and managed to get 2 straight kills by doing it with a fair distance from the enemies, and i have no explaination on how i did it nor could i recreate it ever again at such a distance ... i managed to get it recorded and uploaded as one of robingaming's top ten plays though (see video below (1:20)):

Message 2 of 24 (887 Views)
Naughty Paw
11041 posts

Mar 11, 2014

It's hard at first to get down, but becomes easier the more you practice. 

All you have to do is

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 24 (882 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Yea, i've only had one jump snipe that actually hit. I've tried a bunch of times before. I've also seen a jump snipe with a Dragon, which is weird because they died with only one shot. The dragon is 2 shots though. That blindfire with the t-bolt was nice, the camera was even centered on the enemy which makes it seem even more lucky. But i do think you should jump snipe at an angle since the bullet always goes in an awkward direction. I just thought of it right now, so i don't know if its effective. 

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 4 of 24 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Depends on ur lag. :3

Message 5 of 24 (849 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2014

Hm

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 6 of 24 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Jumpshots are mostly based on timing and luck.  I've had a few but don't focus much on them.  Even if I hit 25% I would still be wasting precious dragon ammo.  You got to stand still and keep your reticle still and wait for that split second that he comes in your reticle.  Also, it took you one shot because the guy jumping probably was getting shot by your teammate. Smiley Happy

Also, to practice timing go to lab map 6 on the ziplines.  I have this one match with 9-10 tbolt shots connecting to them, it was sweet.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 24 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Hmm, ok thanks Niz Smiley Happy Have you got any jumpshot clips for ZsQ yet?

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 8 of 24 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 13, 2014

I find it bizarre when someone attempts a jumpshot.

Just my opinion...

Message 9 of 24 (773 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 13, 2014

Lol, ok

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 10 of 24 (761 Views)
0 Likes