Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 09 2013
By: frankenstein107 Lombax Warrior 91 posts
Accepted Solution

Just tried out the FAL-SS

48 replies 480 views Edited Aug 9, 2013

and dear god, what a miserable experience.. How could anyone claim this thing was overpowered? It's garbage.. absolute garbage. Hitting someone more than 3 times is impossible due to the insane recoil.. I thought it was only insanely accurate? I don't get it.

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 1 of 49 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Re: Just tried out the FAL-SS

Aug 9, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

and dear god, what a miserable experience.. How could anyone claim this thing was overpowered? It's garbage.. absolute garbage. Hitting someone more than 3 times is impossible due to the insane recoil.. I thought it was only insanely accurate? I don't get it.

"was".
It most definitely was overpowered.

But even now, it can be very good. Try it out a bit more. I hardly ever use it personally, but it can be pretty solid. 

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 49 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Aug 9, 2013
It was 4 bullets to kill and FF wasn't nerfed back then as well.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 49 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Aug 9, 2013
There are people who are good with it though. I mean, it sucks, but a handful are good with it, lile the Raffica.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 49 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Wasn't the only nerf they did was just increase it from 4 shots to 5? The accuracy and recoil are still painfully awful. The question is.. why bother myself with a weapon that's so hard to master.. when I could spare myself and just use the M9?
-Pakalu Papito
Message 5 of 49 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 9, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:
Wasn't the only nerf they did was just increase it from 4 shots to 5? The accuracy and recoil are still painfully awful. The question is.. why bother myself with a weapon that's so hard to master.. when I could spare myself and just use the M9?

Everyone, say hello to motto of Uncharted. We should engrave it somewhere...

Bang Bang!

Message 6 of 49 (456 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I'm one of the few people who can use it and not **bleep** up.

1. Strafing reduces recoil and you can dodge more bullets so Fleet Foot is very important.

2. Try to stay as far away from Accuracy mods as you can. With the Fleet Foot tactic, the aim assist becomes too sticky and it's harder to get a kill with the Accuracy mod.

3. The gun will jam like the Para if you try to shoot it too quickly. Shoot two bullets at a normal-fast speed and then press the button as quickly as you can. This will prevent jamming and will let you shoot as quickly as you want.

Those are the main guidelines. You end up making your own as you continue to use it.

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 49 (452 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Aug 9, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

frankenstein107 wrote:

Everyone, say hello to motto of Uncharted. We should engrave it somewhere...

Message of the Day

Use the M9 RoF to win games. Can't afford RoF? Use the conveniently placed Revolution M9 with the free RoF mod.

Message 8 of 49 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 9, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I'm one of the few people who can use it and not **bleep** up.

1. Strafing reduces recoil and you can dodge more bullets so Fleet Foot is very important.

2. Try to stay as far away from Accuracy mods as you can. With the Fleet Foot tactic, the aim assist becomes too sticky and it's harder to get a kill with the Accuracy mod.

3. The gun will jam like the Para if you try to shoot it too quickly. Shoot two bullets at a normal-fast speed and then press the button as quickly as you can. This will prevent jamming and will let you shoot as quickly as you want.

Those are the main guidelines. You end up making your own as you continue to use it.

Thanks, I knew I should've used Max Ammo or Clip Size over Accuracy... yeesh.
Speaking of which, does the Accuracy mod even reduce recoil? Or does it just increase auto-aim?

-Pakalu Papito
Message 9 of 49 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Also, aways zoom in, and I find Scoped In helps too, but that's just me, I hate the pain wobble.

Accuracy decreases recoil and increases the aim-assist, it makes the gun slightly more useful at long range but decreases your chances of headshots at close range. Even without headshots, the gun still kills faster than all automactics, but the only requirement is that you don't miss. Talbot's FAL-SS is the best in my opinion, you should go after it even if you don't plan to use it, Classic mode needs some more players. :smileytongue:

Another tactic I've been using recently is blindifiring while jumping off a high area, it doesn't always kill someone (though the amount of times it does it quite surprising), but you can use the traces to work out where your opponent went, it seems the FAL-SS will try to hit them, even if it can't. Really useful if someone is using Cloaked.
Pepsi
Message 10 of 49 (398 Views)