Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Just tried out the FAL-SS

Aug 9, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I'm one of the few people who can use it and not **bleep** up.

1. Strafing reduces recoil and you can dodge more bullets so Fleet Foot is very important.

2. Try to stay as far away from Accuracy mods as you can. With the Fleet Foot tactic, the aim assist becomes too sticky and it's harder to get a kill with the Accuracy mod.

3. The gun will jam like the Para if you try to shoot it too quickly. Shoot two bullets at a normal-fast speed and then press the button as quickly as you can. This will prevent jamming and will let you shoot as quickly as you want.

Those are the main guidelines. You end up making your own as you continue to use it.

Thanks, I knew I should've used Max Ammo or Clip Size over Accuracy... yeesh.
Speaking of which, does the Accuracy mod even reduce recoil? Or does it just increase auto-aim?

Increase auto-aim and you don't want that.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 49 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Aug 10, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

and dear god, what a miserable experience.. How could anyone claim this thing was overpowered? It's garbage.. absolute garbage. Hitting someone more than 3 times is impossible due to the insane recoil.. I thought it was only insanely accurate? I don't get it.

It's still good, not as OP, IMO it's better than the M9 but you have to be good with it. I am the worst example but i know some people who are beasts with the FAL-SS, i ask myself if that patch was enough...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 49 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 10, 2013
Any gun can be better than the M9, but you HAVE to master it, and as of now every other long gun have steeper learning curves. the M9 doesn't even have a learning curve, just pick it up.. and shoot.. there's no twist at all.
I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 49 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
705 posts

Aug 11, 2013
Make sure you use the scope. When I used to play U3 I always used the scope on the FAL. It really helped me.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 49 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13216 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

and dear god, what a miserable experience.. How could anyone claim this thing was overpowered? It's garbage.. absolute garbage. Hitting someone more than 3 times is impossible due to the insane recoil.. I thought it was only insanely accurate? I don't get it.

It used to pull directly over players and auto aim all the time.

But they killed it. It needed a change, but they over nerfed and made it useless. Exact same thing they did to the G-MAL even though that weapon wasn't anywhere near FAL-SS territory.

Basically, variety took a backseat when M9 users went mad and wanted everything changed except what they used. The M9 with ROF.

Now everyone uses M9 or Dragon.

Apart fom me. Sure I use it, but I'll use the AK too just to look cool.

I'll use absolutely every weapon apart from the G-MAL, FAL-SS, Tau or Raffica Those 4 are just.. Well. the first 3 are redundant. Anyone who does well with the first three should probably have a lagswitch check, they are just that bad. The Raffica apparently works well.. I've seen one or two people use it well.. I just don't understand how to kill with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 49 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 12, 2013

It takes experience to use the Fal well on a regular basis, I know a few people that are complete beasts with it.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 49 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

frankenstein107 wrote:

It used to pull directly over players and auto aim all the time.

But they killed it. It needed a change, but they over nerfed and made it useless. Exact same thing they did to the G-MAL even though that weapon wasn't anywhere near FAL-SS territory.

Basically, variety took a backseat when M9 users went mad and wanted everything changed except what they used. The M9 with ROF.

Now everyone uses M9 or Dragon.

Apart fom me. Sure I use it, but I'll use the AK too just to look cool.

I'll use absolutely every weapon apart from the G-MAL, FAL-SS, Tau or Raffica Those 4 are just.. Well. the first 3 are redundant. Anyone who does well with the first three should probably have a lagswitch check, they are just that bad. The Raffica apparently works well.. I've seen one or two people use it well.. I just don't understand how to kill with it.

Everything you said was true, except or the G-MAL being redundant. I do really good with it and I manage to own M9 noobs a lot. The fully auto scrubs whined and moaned till they absolutely destroyed UC3.. it's either you use the M9 or get shredded trying to get better with the other weapons. 

-Pakalu Papito
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 49 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Aug 12, 2013
I know people who absolutely destroy 99% of the uc3 community with the G-MAL. I can kill faster with the G-MAL than I can other guns.

Basically, if I'm using a Jade M9 and I'm facing someone with an M9 RoF, neither of us are lagging and neither of us miss a shot, I'm going down first. By a bullet or two. I've found myself in this same situation with the G-MAL, and I'm able to 2 burst the RoF guys before they can kill me. Awesome gun.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 49 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 12, 2013
Yep, me too. The recoil increase was pretty horrible though.. made the gun bad at what it's supposed to be good at.
-Pakalu Papito
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 49 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Aug 12, 2013
I still don't notice a ton of recoil with it tho.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 49 (130 Views)
0 Likes