Fender Bender
2413 posts

Re: KA-7 is useless. Please reduce it's recoil! =AIMING

Nov 7, 2013
I feel the accuracy on the M9 is way too good for an automatic, but I agree, I wouldn't want it changed, if it was, we'll end up with G-Mal complaints again. I also don't want the M9 nerfed into the grave like the 1.13 G-Mal. As it is, I'd say M9 is on par with G-Mal and FAL-SS at mid-long range fights, and is probably as balanced as it will ever be, it's the M9's blindfiring capabilities that are the biggest issue. I have to laugh at people who blindfire with the M9 then complain about KAL, makes no sense since M9 has always been a better iron fisting weapon since 1.02, not to mention it has stopping power, unlike the KAL.

As for Para, I'm all for it's current accuracy, if they would buff the Tau to max accuracy and the Raffica's blindfire. I thought the Raffica was going to be a mix between the Para and Micro, but Para beats it in both areas.
Pepsi
Message 41 of 65 (7,149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

ALSO FYI ND Dont act as if the kal-7 is an ultra Bf weapon compared to the M9

sure now you made it stick more from afar, but upclose the m9 stills sticks more and IT TAKES LESS BULLETS TO KILL

AND EVEN LESS BULLETS FOR IRON FISTING

I always go for an iron fist with my Kal loadout and guess what the M9 kill em before i get to the punch MMMMk and its aimable

so unlike the kal you arent sacrificing ur aim for better blindfire for it has both

also with the M9 the character doesnt get the slowmo heldback running hipfire the kal has

i was in a match doing bad because of lag and ppl with game ruining hats and as soon as i changed to the M9 loadout my character turned into flash evading more lines of fire than usual

i say again

HOW CAN THE M9 KEEP FIRING UP CLOSE COMPARED TO A KAL THAT HAS MORE BF ACC?

is dat all the kal gets for sacrificing aim...half a meter more of distant bf lock on and - upclose BF?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 42 of 65 (7,116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Nov 9, 2013

The KAL is fine where it is now imo.

I used to aim it even before this patch and it was fun, but it was still a blindfire monster and would just knock anyone down in your way.. [those Desert Village Matches Smiley Indifferent]

As Macgruber and other people have said, it really is just made to be a better blindfire gun but you really can't go around like crazy now with it due to the patch which is good.   Its still a fun gun to me, just glad it hasn't gone overboard. Smiley LOL

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 43 of 65 (7,111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Nov 10, 2013

^^ thats the prob, you cant go around as confident as before with the kal-7 but you can with an m9

the m9 keeps going 50/50 if both players are heading towards each other, with the m9 getting the iron fist first and the kal7's iron fist landing after sometimes even leaving the M9 player alive

sure is sticky-er now from afar, but we never needed the afar bf

BUT I TOUGTH NO ONE WANTED STICKY HIPFIRE(INCLUDING ME) thats why i stopped using the BF mod in the first place

if i wanted to blindfire at someone that far away i would aim

but im like w/e they wanna make u3 all about M9, i already made an alt account to level myself up again forced to use the beginers unmoded guns to get used to the whole mechanichs from start

im even getting mad mixed aim/bf kills with an unmoded AK i cant imagine how versatil the M9 will feel

i wanna keep going until i unlock the first kal to see and feel the difference after being away from her

after all this ill decide if its stays on a load out or gets replaced by an m9

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 44 of 65 (7,088 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 10, 2013

From a purely selfish standpoint, what I really care about is how the KAL and M9 stand up in a BF versus aimed scenario.  KAL aimed is a non-issue because it's supposed to a BF weapon so if it's less effective now than M9, I admit that's inconsistent but for the love of all that's holy can we please stop with the death by a thousand cuts nerf/buff threads?  It took ND 18 patches to get where we are.  If the KAL is now less effective for BF than the M9, use the M9.  If that means the KAL goes the way of the dodo, good riddance, I say.  Those of us that actually aim have had to endure the BF/lag double whammy for the better part of two years.  We've finally arrived at some modicum of balance and I'd like to enjoy UC3 in it's twilight months.

How does the aimed M9 stack up against BFed KAL and M9?  If it wins against both most times, then from my perspective, everything is right with the world.

Message 45 of 65 (7,074 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

From a purely selfish standpoint, what I really care about is how the KAL and M9 stand up in a BF versus aimed scenario.  KAL aimed is a non-issue because it's supposed to a BF weapon so if it's less effective now than M9, I admit that's inconsistent but for the love of all that's holy can we please stop with the death by a thousand cuts nerf/buff threads?  It took ND 18 patches to get where we are.  If the KAL is now less effective for BF than the M9, use the M9.  If that means the KAL goes the way of the dodo, good riddance, I say.  Those of us that actually aim have had to endure the BF/lag double whammy for the better part of two years.  We've finally arrived at some modicum of balance and I'd like to enjoy UC3 in it's twilight months.

How does the aimed M9 stack up against BFed KAL and M9?  If it wins against both most times, then from my perspective, everything is right with the world.

Steven will forever complain about the M9.

The KAL after patch 1.18 will outdo the M9 with BF, this is a fact i've tested BF on both weapons. He's simply not happy he can't mow someone over by chasing them with a KAL anymore. An aimed M9 can take down a KAL & M9 rusher if they react fast enough. I'm glad aiming finally comes out on top that's how it's suppose to be. I still see so many KAL users so the weapon is still very effective & the M9 is still the most popular but in my opinion it's no longer the best gun.

Message 46 of 65 (7,065 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 10, 2013
The KAL-7 should have NEVER been included in the game in the first place. 99% of those who defend it, don't aim with it. These people are simply lazy, and basically want to play without putting effort in the main component of the game; shooting. I don't care if you work 6 days a week and have 3 kids, EVERYONE should be required to aim if they want to be successful in a game that allows us to use guns. Why? To make it fair. Someone hipfiring should almost always lose to someone who aims. With that in mind, the KAL-7 can rot in hell. Oh and Steven is delusional, a newborn baby can make a better argument than he can.
Message 47 of 65 (7,051 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 11, 2013

IMO, the KAL should be a throwaway weapon and should be useless for anything other than blindfire.  It’s characteristics should be such that it would only appeal to new or unskilled players.  The fact that it’s been in “place” for two years is immaterial.  I can only guess what ND’s original intention was for the KAL but assuming it was to be THE “go to” blindfire weapon and have limited (or no) value in other roles, then it’s finally close to its intended role.  You want to aim?  Use something else.

For me, the blind fire mechanic should only be there for (and only appeal to) players learning the game.  The KAL (and blind fire, in general) should only be a stepping stone for developing players to get some kills and keep them interested long enough to improve in the other aspects of the game.  Blind firing should not be a viable option for (or predominant tactic of) experienced players, period.  We’ll never get rid of BF in CQC but I’m okay with that.

Aiming will not always beat blind fire (lag, oh how I hate thee) but it should win the VAST majority of the time.  This is right.

Message 48 of 65 (7,015 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Nov 11, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

IMO, the KAL should be a throwaway weapon and should be useless for anything other than blindfire.

Isn't that what it already is?

Do you feel me?

Message 49 of 65 (7,011 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 11, 2013

I would hope so but if anyone above rank 15 is still using, maybe not?...or they just haven't realized it yet.

Message 50 of 65 (7,007 Views)
0 Likes