Fender Bender
4134 posts

Re: Keep it simple!

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I thought it was interesting to look at the additions from Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3 and decide if adding those things actually improved the game:

1. mods would have been fine if RoF was never made, I could care less to see them stay or go in 4

2.i agree with you on kickbacks, hopefully 4 takes out those instant kill kickbacks

3. I disagree, I think sprint was a good addition, it just needs to be nerfed to some point.

4. It was a good idea, but I could live with or without it in 4

5.once again I can live with or without it. But if it is here to stay the point gap needs to be 12+

6. Make it so only you effect your points and the system becomes great. Take out the 1000 win points and add 50-75 to each kill and your skill decides what tier your in.

7.One of my favorite things in UC3

8.once again, something I can live with or without, really no opinion on loadouts.

9.never used it. I might try it out to teach my brother the game tough.

10.fix the lag and im all for it.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 21 of 29 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3795 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

I agree with pretty much all your points.

U2 was in it's entirety a very basic game.

In its simplicity it had brilliance and balance.

The mechanics and movement blended with the graphics and ease of aiming made it the best shooter in my opinion ever made.

Only when you play laggy players or some one glitching off the map is there any real issues.

The game it self while playing honest, minimal lag players has been the best online multiplayer experience I have ever had.

I'm pushing 40 here so I have been around games since colleco vision.

Only a few games stand out to me over my gaming career,

Mortal kombat (the original)

Street fighter (the original)

Golden eye

Resident evil ps1

Above all those I never really thought they would make a game that would simply blow me away, that is until I played Uncharted 2.

I thought the first one was alright, but U2---- every thing about it blew me away.

They **bleep** NAILED IT with that game.

For U3 they should have stuck to what they knew how to do, not go asking treyarch how to make a game.

F treyarch they should have been asking ND how to make a game.

I don't know what the F happened but this cant be the same game devs.

The quality, the textures, the button mechanics, the maps the gun play all in this game SUCK.

I think every person that has came from U2 and bought U3 should get a chance to walk down the line of the developers

and give them one good swift back hand.

Maybe that will knock some **bleep** sense into them.

Edit: removed profanity

U--J 

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 22 of 29 (352 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Depends how you look at it. UC3 SP is like most movies out right now: probably directed by Michael Bay by the looks of it, meaning.

But I like bigger maps.

I like bigger maps as well, but vertically larger, not horizontically (or however it is spelled), look at the highrise, it's the biggest map because it's so high and has multiple floors on every building, that map was in Uncharted 2 as well, but we didn't need a sprint option, so why should we have that in UC3? After all the highrise is still the biggest map...

I don't know about sprint. I like it if it was meant to be just for defense, and not the deafult running speed of everyone playing Uncharted 3. I mean, if we're going to sprint all the time, why not make it permanent? It's stupid. It makes sense that you can toggle sprint assuming that sprint does something running normally can't do (you can't turn very well, or you jump farther, or something.)

I'm just a fan of bigger maps. Hence the sniper? Yeah...

*horizontally

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 29 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Well I use sprint for travel as well. Especially in the Obj. modes where spawns suck hard... I mean I don't want to leisurely walk across museum while the enemy is constantly getting points in TH or something. I never understood the sense in that... where ND decides to spawn 1 team on the other side of the map and the other 2 feet from the objective...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 24 of 29 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Should've kept sprint as it was in the beta if they weren't going to remove it entirely...

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 25 of 29 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well I use sprint for travel as well. Especially in the Obj. modes where spawns suck hard... I mean I don't want to leisurely walk across museum while the enemy is constantly getting points in TH or something. I never understood the sense in that... where ND decides to spawn 1 team on the other side of the map and the other 2 feet from the objective...

Same, but hopefully you sprint in a straight line, y'know?

Seriously. Sprint THEN sharp turn? Do these guys have ankles or did they fuse with Sonic, or what?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 26 of 29 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Mar 22, 2013

so make the game more like uncharted 2?

ND if you happen to read this thanks!!!!
Message 27 of 29 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I prefer if they make it like UC1

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 28 of 29 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I prefer if they make it like UC1

Yes, preferably around the time where having the theme "Fortune Hunter" made sense because he WAS a treasure hunter then.

In UC2 he was a contract worker and in UC3 he never bothered with it.

Seriously, "Treasure Hunter"? "Fortune Hunter"? Everyone else hyping this game up sounds like they only played UDF.

Message 29 of 29 (276 Views)
0 Likes