Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 09 2011
By: pdiss88 Treasure Hunter 5842 posts

Kill the KAL-7. Just kill it.

352 replies 541 views Edited Oct 9, 2011

That's right, just kill it. Don't try to nerf it or "rebalance" it because I have noticed absolutely no change in blindfire accuracy since the last update. I also don't notice players getting slowed down while sprinting up to hipfire while I'm shooting at them as you guys said had been added. They KAL-7 is just as lame a weapon as day one of the Subway promo.

After people made threads garnering 50 kudoes complaining about the insane effectiveness of blindfire on the AK47 during the beta, it seems like a slap in the face by Naughty Dog to include a gun that literally forces you to run at enemies hipfiring with amazing accuracy. Including this gun was a failed experiment and I SHUDDER to think how hilariously overpowered and frustrating it will be to go against this thing with the Rate of Fire mod (unlocked at level 50-something) on a map like Highrise.

Worst change from the beta to the promo. Just kill it, anyone who relies on it will have to rely on the Uzi + Rate of Fire to get their cheap hipfire kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Kal-7 is a hipfiring beast. Yeah, it needs to go.

Oct 9, 2011

Kal-7 is a hipfiring beast. Yeah, it needs to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

That's basically what it was made for. This logic is comp...

Oct 9, 2011

That's basically what it was made for. This logic is completely backwards. The game should force you to aim your gun, not force you to blindfire.

I guess that's just my opinion, though. This is the way ND has been going with things for a while now. Look at UC2: 1.05, those DLC maps, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13349 posts

More quality posting.    It's worse than the AK by absolu...

Oct 9, 2011

More quality posting. 

It's worse than the AK by absolute miles. I'm confused by what game ND want to create.

A skilled balanced game like Uncharted 1.04? or a n00bfest where blindfire wins the game...

I already decided with all this. I'll buy the game, get my MP trophies, ignore the MP unless something is done only when it is balanced and blindfire isn't the most used tactic used by like 90% of the people playing then I'll come back.

I can't play something that requires no brain power... Really :smileyindifferent:

That said I do believe ND will do the right thing, they have been trying with some recent updates, I just hope it's soon. x.x

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

As I said in another thread about this weapon:   They nee...

Oct 9, 2011

As I said in another thread about this weapon:

They need to just remove the gun completely - the only thing it does is promote more blind/hipfiring.  They don't need to give some people MORE of a reason to start doing this annoying tactic for kills.

----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

stopping power, aim assist, lessened recoil, accuracy mod...

Oct 9, 2011

stopping power, aim assist, lessened recoil, accuracy mods, high health and health regeneration. if you still have trouble killing people with all that maybe you should find another game because clearly close quarters combat is too hard a concept for you guys to understand.

Seriously if it isnt the KAL, its the micro or the shotgun. How about just realizing long range gun battles and being a stationary target isnt a good idea in a 6ft squared space.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1193 posts

Does the KAL really need a rate of fire or blindfire accu...

Oct 9, 2011

Does the KAL really need a rate of fire or blindfire accuracy mod?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

The KAL-7 is fine, it's a weapon that is good for nothing...

Oct 9, 2011

The KAL-7 is fine, it's a weapon that is good for nothing but extreme close range, so that means hipfiring. It isn't good for anything else. There is no need to remove it. Just like how the Dragon Sniper is good for nothing but long range, it is a polar oppisite of the KAL-7

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16258 posts

I've used it extensively in Plunder matches and Team Obje...

Oct 9, 2011

I've used it extensively in Plunder matches and Team Objective on the Desert Village and Syria.

An aiming enemy with an AK or M-9 can easily stop you, even if ytou're sprinting.  Is it powerful?  Yes.  If you start getting hit by it do you have time to recover?  No.

At 100 yards I get owned by snipers when trying to shoot 'em with an N-9.  Overpowered?  No, function by design.

I suspect it'll get nerfed, as even I, a steelfist fanatic, find it ridiculously easy to use.  Go away?  No.  Hipfire melee is the Steelfist of UC3, and it ain't going anywhere.  

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 353 (541 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

I agree. ND please get rid of the Kal-7.

Oct 9, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

That's right, just kill it. Don't try to nerf it or "rebalance" it because I have noticed absolutely no change in blindfire accuracy since the last update. I also don't notice players getting slowed down while sprinting up to hipfire while I'm shooting at them as you guys said had been added. They KAL-7 is just as lame a weapon as day one of the Subway promo.

After people made threads garnering 50 kudoes complaining about the insane effectiveness of blindfire on the AK47 during the beta, it seems like a slap in the face by Naughty Dog to include a gun that literally forces you to run at enemies hipfiring with amazing accuracy. Including this gun was a failed experiment and I SHUDDER to think how hilariously overpowered and frustrating it will be to go against this thing with the Rate of Fire mod (unlocked at level 50-something) on a map like Highrise.

Worst change from the beta to the promo. Just kill it, anyone who relies on it will have to rely on the Uzi + Rate of Fire to get their cheap hipfire kills.

I find the Kal-7 absolutely worthless to use and should be replaced with something else.  ND, please get rid of the Kal-7.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 353 (541 Views)
0 Likes