Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Big Daddy
16337 posts

When your firing reticle is on a target, there's an on-sc...

Oct 9, 2011

naaros wrote:

I don't think anyone has been able to tell me what exactly the accuracy mods do.  Are they like Down the Irons?  Or less recoil?  No one has been able to answer that question for me.

When your firing reticle is on a target, there's an on-screen area in which the bullets will spread.  Accuracy mods reduce this area, increasing the likelihood of a hit.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 11 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

IMO, the stopping power they added isn't even noticable....

Oct 9, 2011

Shadow961 wrote:

stopping power, aim assist, lessened recoil, accuracy mods, high health and health regeneration.

IMO, the stopping power they added isn't even noticable.  I certainly do not feel like I'm being slowed at all when I'm being shot.  I mean, I'm not saying it should slow you down to something crazy like 50% or even as much as the M4 did in Uncharted 2, but...  Something a *little* more than it does now maybe?

Aim assist is probably there, but it's definitely less than in Uncharted 2 which isn't a bad thing really.  The aim assist in UC2 could be outright annoying if you were trying to shoot someone close to another person.

The lessoned recoil was a welcomed change to the game for me.

I don't think anyone has been able to tell me what exactly the accuracy mods do.  Are they like Down the Irons?  Or less recoil?  No one has been able to answer that question for me.

High health is fantastic, and I'm happy with it.

Da-Hedgie wrote:

Just like how the Dragon Sniper is good for nothing but long range, it is a polar oppisite of the KAL-7

Well, with the Dragon Sniper, you actually have to aim to kill someone at long range (takes skill in this version of the game - I certainly suck with snipers in this game lol).  The same isn't true of the "polar opposite", the KAL.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 12 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Thanks!   Finally I have an answer to this question, lol....

Oct 9, 2011

scootgar wrote:

naaros wrote:

When your firing reticle is on a target, there's an on-screen area in which the bullets will spread.  Accuracy mods reduce this area, increasing the likelihood of a hit.

Thanks!   Finally I have an answer to this question, lol.  I figured it did something like that, but just wasn't sure.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

I wish i could give you 100 kudos.Just when i thought &qu...

Oct 9, 2011

I wish i could give you 100 kudos.Just when i thought "Hey the health is back to classic uncharted maybe this game has a chance at being as great as uncharted 2 was pre-1.04" they ruin that chance with the incredibly overpowered hip fire.Listen naughty we understand you want everyone to have their own play style but hipfiring is not a play style,it is suppose to be a last resort!

Get it through your head,it should not be a primary style of play-it completely contradicts every other play style,fix this!

I've been very patient,but that patience is wavering and I'm beggining to lose faith in that this game will ever reach the greatness that its predessesor once had.

Message 14 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

Yeah, and any monkey with two thumbs can work themselves...

Oct 9, 2011

Da-Hedgie wrote:

The KAL-7 is fine, it's a weapon that is good for nothing but extreme close range, so that means hipfiring. It isn't good for anything else. There is no need to remove it. Just like how the Dragon Sniper is good for nothing but long range, it is a polar oppisite of the KAL-7

Yeah, and any monkey with two thumbs can work themselves into "extremely close range" in this game. Just sprint at the enemy while zigzagging and then hold down R1 once you're close enough. Unless the player is amazing, chances are you will end up prevailing.

If the enemy is too far away to sprint up to and kill before he'll kill you while aiming, just run away.

Not that hard to be effective with the KAL-7. You can just camp around the corner and blindfire melee players as they move the map if you really have trouble running up to people.

Message 15 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

how an ability works or how much of an effect there is is...

Oct 9, 2011

naaros wrote:

Shadow961 wrote:

stopping power, aim assist, lessened recoil, accuracy mods, high health and health regeneration.

IMO, the stopping power they added isn't even noticable.  I certainly do not feel like I'm being slowed at all when I'm being shot.  I mean, I'm not saying it should slow you down to something crazy like 50% or even as much as the M4 did in Uncharted 2, but...  Something a *little* more than it does now maybe?

Aim assist is probably there, but it's definitely less than in Uncharted 2 which isn't a bad thing really.  The aim assist in UC2 could be outright annoying if you were trying to shoot someone close to another person.

The lessoned recoil was a welcomed change to the game for me.

High health is fantastic, and I'm happy with it.

how an ability works or how much of an effect there is is beside the point. the fact of the matter is that those boost are already there and people are still clamoring for more of an advantage. It doesnt matter what gun (proven by shotgun and micro complaints) you're killed with in close quarters, if you're trying to aim in such a small space, you're probably going to get finished off by melee. Just be glad you have an oppurtunity to do anything because in the other 99% of shooters out there melee is a one hit kill.

There are so many guns that flat out have a medium to long range advantage over close quarters only weapons so just take your battles outside.  

Message 16 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4878 posts

/SMH   I can't even tell if this post is serious or not?...

Oct 9, 2011

Shadow961 wrote:

stopping power, aim assist, lessened recoil, accuracy mods, high health and health regeneration. if you still have trouble killing people with all that maybe you should find another game because clearly close quarters combat is too hard a concept for you guys to understand.

Seriously if it isnt the KAL, its the micro or the shotgun. How about just realizing long range gun battles and being a stationary target isnt a good idea in a 6ft squared space.

/SMH

I can't even tell if this post is serious or not?  You can't justify absurd overpowered noob blindfire weapons just by arguing that its the opponents fault for not keeping a better distance.  Not matter the map, situation or user...the bottom line is the gun is a complete joke.  With the addition of sprint, rushing people and blindfiring this beast is too easy, and clearly overpowered.

Message 17 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

i take it you never played a game with a shotgun before.

Oct 9, 2011

/SMH

I can't even tell if this post is serious or not?  You can't justify absurd overpowered noob blindfire weapons just by arguing that its the opponents fault for not keeping a better distance.  Not matter the map, situation or user...the bottom line is the gun is a complete joke.  With the addition of sprint, rushing people and blindfiring this beast is too easy, and clearly overpowered.

Message 18 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4878 posts

Not as a loadout weapon, no I haven't.  Maybe you haven't...

Oct 9, 2011

Shadow961 wrote:

/SMH

Not as a loadout weapon, no I haven't.  Maybe you haven't played UC3, but if you did, you would realize that the shotguns are POWER WEAPONS!  What you are saying is that it is ok to loadout with a power weapon?  With much much much more ammo?  Yeah, sounds smart.

Message 19 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Ya the Kal-7 has to go. I just reached the level you unlo...

Oct 9, 2011
Ya the Kal-7 has to go. I just reached the level you unlock it at yesterday, and by nature I was curoius about it. But I tried it and I hated it immedietly... It has to be removed...

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 20 of 353 (156 Views)
0 Likes