PlayStation MVP
17531 posts

It's not that you hate it, it's that it promotes blindfir...

Oct 9, 2011

X_DaRk-JaK_X wrote:
Ya the Kal-7 has to go. I just reached the level you unlock it at yesterday, and by nature I was curoius about it. But I tried it and I hated it immedietly... It has to be removed...

It's not that you hate it, it's that it promotes blindfiring in a game where blindfiring is deemed as "unfair."

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

If ND doesn't just outright remove the KAL-7 (which would...

Oct 9, 2011

If ND doesn't just outright remove the KAL-7 (which would be the wisest choice), it needs to be nerfed. Heavily. I don't mean that ND can just lower the blindfire accuracy on it and say it's balanced now. They must kill it.

pdiss88 wrote:

That's right, just kill it. Don't try to nerf it or "rebalance" it because I have noticed absolutely no change in blindfire accuracy since the last update. I also don't notice players getting slowed down while sprinting up to hipfire while I'm shooting at them as you guys said had been added. They KAL-7 is just as lame a weapon as day one of the Subway promo.

This paragraph, in my opinion, speaks volumes about how bad the KAL-7 is. 

I'm not gonna lie. I used the KAL-7 when I hit 31, and I found it to be a very aggressive, in your face, steel-fisting gun. Except now, when the other guns' blindfire is supposedly balanced, the KAL-7 is now comparably MORE powerful. Since everything else's blindire is nerfed (so to speak), the KAL-7's only good attribute is now even stronger. I can tell that the KAL-7 is going to bring Uncharted 3 down the wrong path.

I know Uncharted is trying to keep up with the big boys in the MP shooter department, but it can't be the go-to MP if this terrible gun stays. The KAL-7 will be the SA-shotgun-camper equivalent for Uncharted 3, but only if the KAL-7 isn't severely nerfed or removed. End rant. :smileytongue: 

P.S. : The blindfire accuracy mod for the KAL-7 unlocked around level 43ish will be the end of L1 in Uncharted MP.

TF3:HWS
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

@Da_Almighty_Guy True. Sorry I kinda mixed up my words. I...

Oct 9, 2011
@Da_Almighty_Guy True. Sorry I kinda mixed up my words. I should have worded my post better.

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

so i guess im right in assuming you have little shooter e...

Oct 9, 2011

mbhitman wrote:

Shadow961 wrote:

/SMH

I can't even tell if this post is serious or not?  You can't justify absurd overpowered noob blindfire weapons just by arguing that its the opponents fault for not keeping a better distance.  Not matter the map, situation or user...the bottom line is the gun is a complete joke.  With the addition of sprint, rushing people and blindfiring this beast is too easy, and clearly overpowered.

i take it you never played a game with a shotgun before.

Not as a loadout weapon, no I haven't.  Maybe you haven't played UC3, but if you did, you would realize that the shotguns are POWER WEAPONS!  What you are saying is that it is ok to loadout with a power weapon?  With much much much more ammo?  Yeah, sounds smart.

so i guess im right in assuming you have little shooter experience outside of U3. let me break it down for you. guns with high dps are generally unwieldy to use for long range. So most players who still want to use them take the hit of knowing that they are unlikely to win a long range battle so they can have the advantage in short ranges. Shotguns along with the micro and KAL are part of that group of guns. Guns that were meant to be short range killers. Just like short range killers were in U2 and just like they are in every other shooter, they have the advantage at that range. if you're tired of getting killed by one, i suggest stepping outside of that weapons range.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

KAL should be nerfed heavily, but not removed.   Because...

Oct 9, 2011

KAL should be nerfed heavily, but not removed.

Because then my 4th slot long gun would be a G-MAL, and ever since the first beta (it was my go to gun when the baddies surrounded me), it just isn't the same. I can't use that burst fire anymore to bring down a stationery target.

KAL blindfire should have just as much recoil as you actually aim down the iron sights with it. Try and blindfire me then!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

i actually haven't seen hardly anyone use the kal-7, i tr...

Oct 9, 2011

i actually haven't seen hardly anyone use the kal-7, i tried it when i first unlocked it but found it to be pretty much worthless.  Maybe they could just increase the aim down sight accuracy and tone down the blind fire accuracy, but regardless it's going to be a close range weapon, with its' high rate of fire.  

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

Well   The big difference is this:   Uncharted 2 made you...

Oct 9, 2011

Well

The big difference is this:

Uncharted 2 made you fight for the heavy duty blindfire weapons meaning blindfire users first had to use skill to get those weapons so it was indeed less of a problem and more acceptable since they earned the right to be as cheap as they like, the chances were a blindfire user would lose a real gun battle so it wasn't too much of a threat unless they AK blindfired you which wasn't anywhere near as powered as it is now.

With Uncharted 3 you are gifted the free kill R1 and run buttons without any effort. I'd have less of a problem with it if people had to engage in a gun battle to get hold of a blindfire weapon. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15539 posts

This is a **bleep** fine point.   Shotguns and the Pistole hav...

Oct 9, 2011

Shadow961 wrote:

so i guess im right in assuming you have little shooter experience outside of U3. let me break it down for you. guns with high dps are generally unwieldy to use for long range. So most players who still want to use them take the hit of knowing that they are unlikely to win a long range battle so they can have the advantage in short ranges. Shotguns along with the micro and KAL are part of that group of guns. Guns that were meant to be short range killers. Just like short range killers were in U2 and just like they are in every other shooter, they have the advantage at that range. if you're tired of getting killed by one, i suggest stepping outside of that weapons range.

This is a **bleep** fine point.   Shotguns and the Pistole haven't been clamoured for removal from UC2, not like now.  And incidentally, if weapon hipfire was reduced, the shottie would be doing this.

But mbhitman's point is also valid.  Having something this riduculous as the starting weapon is massive.  Of course, we're no longer having teh "Sniper as loadout" debate as the attention is taken away.

And, just as in UC2, there is an element of the population who won't be happy unless all combat takes place with AK/FAL/M9 at 50 yards.  I can't possibly win those gunfights, so am I happy there are alternatives?  Sure I am.

Wil it suck if the KAL-7 goes away.  Nah.  Plenty of other options.That's the best aspect of this whole debate, there are boatloads of options.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15539 posts

This is, however, a total crock, A.   One pistol-hit and...

Oct 9, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

With Uncharted 3 you are gifted the free kill R1 and run buttons without any effort. I'd have less of a problem with it if people had to engage in a gun battle to get hold of a blindfire weapon. 

This is, however, a total crock, A.

One pistol-hit and melee is a steelfist kill in UC2 and has been forever.  It actually requires only a little more effort, to, oh, wait for it, pull the trigger a few times on closing, instead of just holding it down.

It's made worse solely by the ability to sprint to the opponent.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

dont just leave it at close range weapons. You had to fig...

Oct 9, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Well

The big difference is this:

Uncharted 2 made you fight for the heavy duty blindfire weapons meaning blindfire users first had to use skill to get those weapons so it was indeed less of a problem and more acceptable since they earned the right to be as cheap as they like, the chances were a blindfire user would lose a real gun battle so it wasn't too much of a threat unless they AK blindfired you which wasn't anywhere near as powered as it is now.

dont just leave it at close range weapons. You had to fight for sniper rifles as well in U2 but now its just part of the loadout which works out perfectly on stages like airstrip and the train stage where you've got an advantage over close range weapons for the whole opening segment.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 353 (79 Views)
0 Likes