Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Re: LAG - We need your help

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Glad to hear everyone enjoys the new Lab Map.

So we've been trying a number of matchmaking settings as of late.  Today we pushed what we consider to be the best we can do with the tools at hand.  We need your help to determine if it's working - we just can't get enough people interally to test this.

Therefore, we would love your help with the following information (also, let's try and keep this post on topic):

1) the part of the world you're playing in

2) the date/time your are playing

3) your rank

4) what game type

5) how many players

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc)

7) service provider

Thanks for the help.

Robert

1. GA, USA

2. 7pm to 10pm

3. 75, no legacy

4. TDM

5. Solo

6. Wireless

7.AT&T

Message 91 of 206 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2308 posts

Nov 23, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Glad to hear everyone enjoys the new Lab Map.

So we've been trying a number of matchmaking settings as of late.  Today we pushed what we consider to be the best we can do with the tools at hand.  We need your help to determine if it's working - we just can't get enough people interally to test this.

Therefore, we would love your help with the following information (also, let's try and keep this post on topic):

1) the part of the world you're playing in

2) the date/time your are playing

3) your rank

4) what game type

5) how many players

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc)

7) service provider

Thanks for the help.

Robert

Toronto, Canada 

I play from 9-11pm 

Legacy 5, rank 71

Plunder or Classic 

2-5

Wireless 

Rogers. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 92 of 206 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

I got a simple suggestion for Uncharted 4 that would fix this problem -> dedicated servers Smiley Very Happy

1) the part of the world you're playing in - Eurpoe

2) the date/time your are playing - 20 - 24 PM

3) your rank - Legacy 5, Level 75

4) what game type - TDM and TO

5) how many players 1 - 5

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) - DSL 6000

7) service provider - EWE TEL

Message 93 of 206 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012
1) the part of the world you're playing in - UK

5) how many players

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) - modem

7) service provider - virgin media

2) the date/time your are playing - GMT

4) what game type - TDM

3) your rank - Legacy 4 level 56

I really hope you guys find a fix for this, I dont play often but when I do the lag is incomprehensible and by you making this thread you've acknowledged that which is good to know

Message 94 of 206 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

----- I'm almost always placed against people from south america, europe, and other places nowhere near north america. 

It usually takes two or three times the amount of direct hits to score a kill, and enemies can kill me with a two second spray even if their reticle is never on me, as if I have a 10 foot hitbox. People are able to run through a full clip of aimed fire, and if I find an enemy with their back turned, I can hit them a dozen times, have them turn around and kill me in half a second with the same weapon I was using.

1) the part of the world you're playing in ---------- Canada

2) the date/time your are playing --------- Sometimes morning, sometimes afternoons, sometimes nights.

3) your rank ---------  have several accounts

4) what game type -------   Team Objective, Plunder, Classic (would play more classic if I could turn off Stats counting)

5) how many players -----  Lone wolf usually. On rare occasions in parties of 4 or 5.

6) connection type (DSL, cable modem, etc) ----  Cable

7) service provider ---  Acanac

---- Oh, I forgot to mention, I haven't experienced much for less lag so far. Some matches the lag is worse than others, but that was how it always was. Honestly dogs the lag wouldn't bother me so much if I could turn off all my kills and deaths counting for any play mode in profile settings. Because then even you are a victim of lag, it doesn't have to affect you negatively in numbers.

Message 95 of 206 (430 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Up until last night the matchmaking was like pre-1.15 matchmaking. But last night was THE WORST for me and my party I've seen maybe ever. It didn't matter who was party leader. We saw a majority of Mexican and Central/South American players all night. The 2 American lobbies had EXTREME tryhards who apparently haven't shut down their PS3 since the put in the Uncharted 3 disc. 140k kills... get a life bro. So yeah, matchmaking is FAR from fixed.

We also had a match where we dominated a mex team then we all froze at the last place died. Score stuck at 47-13. It eventually kicked us out and separated our team. No win. Not sure about stats.

Hope you're still working on matchmaking cog.
Message 96 of 206 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 25, 2012

The matchmaking is better than 1.15, but I'm still playing with people from far away countries instead of the US on a somewhat frequent basis. Hope you guys (the Dogs) will continue to improve the matchmaking.

1) NY, USA

2) midday/evening

3) 4th Legacy, Level 71

4) All...including Hunter

5) usually 1, sometimes 2 or 3

6) Cable

7) Verizon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 97 of 206 (389 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Its very up and down. Saw 2 dead body glitches in the same match. Still see non-US players too often. But it is good more frequently than it was after initial 1.15 patch
Message 98 of 206 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I hope they also look outside the US. Dont forget ND after americans, german players play the most!

Also maybe handy to also ask for the connection speed??

Not that it probably matters at all. I am really wondering what they are going to do and hopefully they dont choose for the easiest (region locks).
Message 99 of 206 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Nov 25, 2012

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 100 of 206 (497 Views)
0 Likes