396 posts

Re: LOU SKINS

Sep 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
By the way it's TLOU. It's "The Last of Us" NOT "Last of Us". Christ help me.

@renatabls UGA looks like UDF, but instead of PS3, it's Vita and instead of cool melee combos it's 'swipe to kill this dude'.

At least it doesn't have SixAxis grenade throwing...

At least SIXAXIS nade throws are *optional*.

Being a launch game UGA is obliged to have all the gimmicks that the Vita has. You watch, certain PS4 games will have the touch screen integration on the controller.

I think GTA4 was the last major game to have SixAxis, it kinda shows how much of a gimmick it was.

I disagree that the SIXAXIS is a gimmick, there are many examples in which it is used right and is very awesome to use, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destrucion for instance, it's so awesome to use the SIXAXIS to fly around, also in inFamous where you use it to control lightning storms while you can use the left analog stick to walk around while still being able to steer the storm, it's very usefull, and even in Uncharted there are moments where it is used right, for instance the slightly flip controller backwards to jump backwards when hanging on a ledge, in so many games it's so annoying to jump from a ledge to a ledge behind you, because the direction of the jump with the analog stick depens on which way the camera is facing, but in Uncharted you can just flip the controller a little and press X to jump backwards, and it always works, grenade throwing was indeed bad, but there is another example in which the SIXAXIS is awesome, it is a spoiler so I put it in spoiler tags:

Spoiler
near the end of the game when those cursed spaniards attack you, when you have to reload they run in an attempt to bite you, and then you have to shake the controller to shake them off, it's fun to do and way more exciting then pressing a button, I think it's awesome :smileyhappy:

and on the touchpad subject, I think it's very awesome, I already have seen a few uses of it in inFamous Second Son, and it's far from a gimmick...

good points, but did SixAxis revolutionize gaming? How many games do you know of that have been released in the past year or two that have SixAxis integration? Trying to make stuff like SixAxis work is kind of like trying to reinvent the wheel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Sep 2, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@renatabls UGA looks like UDF, but instead of PS3, it's Vita and instead of cool melee combos it's 'swipe to kill this dude'.

Being a launch game UGA is obliged to have all the gimmicks that the Vita has. You watch, certain PS4 games will have the touch screen integration on the controller.

I think GTA4 was the last major game to have SixAxis, it kinda shows how much of a gimmick it was.

I disagree that the SIXAXIS is a gimmick, there are many examples in which it is used right and is very awesome to use, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destrucion for instance, it's so awesome to use the SIXAXIS to fly around, also in inFamous where you use it to control lightning storms while you can use the left analog stick to walk around while still being able to steer the storm, it's very usefull, and even in Uncharted there are moments where it is used right, for instance the slightly flip controller backwards to jump backwards when hanging on a ledge, in so many games it's so annoying to jump from a ledge to a ledge behind you, because the direction of the jump with the analog stick depens on which way the camera is facing, but in Uncharted you can just flip the controller a little and press X to jump backwards, and it always works, grenade throwing was indeed bad, but there is another example in which the SIXAXIS is awesome, it is a spoiler so I put it in spoiler tags:

Spoiler
near the end of the game when those cursed spaniards attack you, when you have to reload they run in an attempt to bite you, and then you have to shake the controller to shake them off, it's fun to do and way more exciting then pressing a button, I think it's awesome :smileyhappy:

and on the touchpad subject, I think it's very awesome, I already have seen a few uses of it in inFamous Second Son, and it's far from a gimmick...

good points, but did SixAxis revolutionize gaming? How many games do you know of that have been released in the past year or two that have SixAxis integration? Trying to make stuff like SixAxis work is kind of like trying to reinvent the wheel.

Exactly. My point is, UGA has a forced swipe whatever the hell crap, and forced touchscreen zoom whatever the hell for, and some other useless junk.

And even if it's a launch game, it DOESN'T HAVE to force gimmicks into the user. Ridge Racer is a launch title. Did I have to press the screen or the touchpad to boost or whatever? No. The touchscreen is just the menu and the music before the game starts. That's it. UGA took it over the line.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (141 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Sep 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Spoiler

Exactly. My point is, UGA has a forced swipe whatever the hell crap, and forced touchscreen zoom whatever the hell for, and some other useless junk.

And even if it's a launch game, it DOESN'T HAVE to force gimmicks into the user. Ridge Racer is a launch title. Did I have to press the screen or the touchpad to boost or whatever? No. The touchscreen is just the menu and the music before the game starts. That's it. UGA took it over the line.

Well said, have a kudo.

As I write this I'm playing GTA4, which had SixAxis integration but not as standard. I played it with SixAxis enabled. It seemed to be too much of an annoyance to be worth playing with it permanently. I mean, to reload you had to flick the controller and it just seemed entirely pointless, especially when you're in the middle of a gunfight...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Sep 2, 2013

You had to **bleep** tilt the controller to drive freaking bikes and boats. It's overly retarded. I'm glad it's not forced.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 2, 2013

I agree. The SixAxis always annoyed me, especially in UDF. I want to throw a grenade and it takes me 5 seconds to actually get it right. I just gave up in the end.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2834 posts

Sep 2, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Spoiler

does it need to revolutionize gaming? I think it was a neat little extra, and it has made some games for me better :smileyhappy:

and yeah, the vita touchpad swipe in melee is a bad idea, I've seen it in a trailer for killzone mercenary as well, looks awful...

Tearaway looks like an awesome integration of the vita controls though, for that game I might even buy a ps vita :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7315 posts

Sep 2, 2013
TLOU has SIXAXIS integration...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Sep 2, 2013
LBP vita utilizes the touchpad and the touchscreen excellently. UGA does not.

@AK discussion is forced gimmicks.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Sep 3, 2013

But to be honest I'm not that interested in Tearaway or LBP Vita. At the moment I see no point to buy a Vita, I'm going to wait until there are some decent third-party games that do not cram touch screen annoyances down your throat.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Sep 3, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

But to be honest I'm not that interested in Tearaway or LBP Vita. At the moment I see no point to buy a Vita, I'm going to wait until there are some decent third-party games that do not cram touch screen annoyances down your throat.

I already bought it for LBP. If I can finally build without yelling at my controller for not **bleep** aligning **bleep** like what the **bleep** it's just ONE BLOCK YOU ANALOG STICK ONE BLOCK...

Touchscreen is better building, meaning.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (82 Views)
0 Likes