Gaming Beast
1844 posts

Re: Lagswitching videos

May 10, 2013

That's P2P servers for you. Seriously **bleep** these **bleep** cheaters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 11 of 51 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

May 10, 2013
In user-run servers you have to deal with elitist **bleep**.

Lose-lose.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 12 of 51 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1844 posts

May 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Lose-lose.

Nah that's complete bs. If you don't like a server just join another one. That's the beauty of dedicated servers. It's not like you'll never encounter complete a-holls in p2p servers they are everywhere and in every game it's a part of gaming, hell it's a part of life.

Message 13 of 51 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4944 posts

May 10, 2013
BF3 servers **bleep** me off. I get killed then switched to the other team. The server creator(s) don't follow their own rules. It's ridiculous.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 14 of 51 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4944 posts

May 10, 2013
If I had an Uncharted 3 server, I'd do 40% health. No powerweapons of any kind. No RoF or revenge.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 15 of 51 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

May 10, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Lose-lose.

Nah that's complete bs. If you don't like a server just join another one. That's the beauty of dedicated servers. It's not like you'll never encounter complete a-holls in p2p servers they are everywhere and in every game it's a part of gaming, hell it's a part of life.

The difference being that in a P2P server all they can do is kill me, and in a user-run server, they'll kick me.

I've heard the "just join another server" thing before. I played BF3. So far, I haven't had a server where the admin isn't a **bleep**/doing admin abuse.

So yes, I'd prefer a game where all they can do is kill me because in the end I'm still here.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 16 of 51 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 10, 2013

Sony do not care about cheaters. There are videos on Youtube of lagswitchers from other Sony games like Killzone 2 and these cheaters have been playing for years. This is why I prefer a server list instead of a matchmaking feature since the community will take care of itself (you would need to add admin features to the game of course).

Message 17 of 51 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

May 10, 2013
Why not do it like Rockstar? Rockstar pairs cheaters to cheaters. Meaning the cheaters are in their own player pool.

I don't like user servers. It's hard to find a server where the admin doesn't kick you BEFORE you get in, and where you don't get kicked while you're doing pretty well.
Message 18 of 51 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Why not do it like Rockstar? Rockstar pairs cheaters to cheaters. Meaning the cheaters are in their own player pool.

I don't like user servers. It's hard to find a server where the admin doesn't kick you BEFORE you get in, and where you don't get kicked while you're doing pretty well.

That's fair (you could also have a zero tolerance policy like Steam and just ban them completely) but the main problem is that it takes way too long for Sony/Naughty Dog to respond to complaints about cheaters. Community servers solves that problem since there is usually at least one admin present. I don't know what kind of games you've been playing but I've never encountered abusive admins before. Most of the popular servers are sponsored by companies and have well respected players as the admins so if you play on those then you shouldn't have any trouble.

Message 19 of 51 (228 Views)
Gaming Beast
1844 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

That's fair (you could also have a zero tolerance policy like Steam and just ban them completely) but the main problem is that it takes way too long for Sony/Naughty Dog to respond to complaints about cheaters. Community servers solves that problem since there is usually at least one admin present. I don't know what kind of games you've been playing but I've never encountered abusive admins before. Most of the popular servers are sponsored by companies and have well respected players as the admins so if you play on those then you shouldn't have any trouble.

Agreed, I've been playing online in quite a lot of games (Counterstrike Source, Quake III, RTCW, Wolfenstein:ET etc) with user run servers and admin abuse is very very rare. And yes there should be a zero tolerance policy in every game or implement a system where cheaters get paired up with cheaters.

Message 20 of 51 (224 Views)
0 Likes