Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Lagswitching videos

May 10, 2013

No offence But everytime i see a clan With BRA or MEX or CHEL i quit the game , they are bunch of laggers i think this game should allow you to find a game by areas i always do that when i play grand tourismo , here in the uk we do not have laggers

UC3 is the only game when you lagger have advantage others games when you lagg you die easily

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 21 of 51 (240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4934 posts

May 10, 2013
^ I might start doing that. [CUBA] is bad too.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 22 of 51 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11190 posts

Message 23 of 51 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 10, 2013

Lag works in mysterious ways in this game. Like most people here I have seen laggers who are insanely hard to kill, but when I lag myself it just feels like a huge handicap. I often play very late so I'm often the only guy from Europe and while everyone else is from South America or something. By what I've been seeing from some laggers, it should be like I'm god mode since I'm the lagger in these matches. That just doesn't happen though and I can actually chronicle how my performance degrades as the night gets older and I get matched with people from overseas.

Latency doesn't seem to be the only issue either. I've played in matches where everyone were European and I experienced more lag than against Mexicans. I could literally stand and shoot these guys with a 3.0+ KDR in the back until the clip ran out and they still wouldn't die. I can accept if I get shot around corners and stuff, but it's not fun to play when it's like you're shooting blanks. French and to some extent Spanish players have absolutely atrocious internet connections. They don't have the bandwidth to host games yet they're often selected as hosts, and packet loss seem to be frequent whenever they're playing, hence your bullets not counting.

Message 24 of 51 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4738 posts

May 10, 2013
I actually watched a video.explaining lag compensation and how it's not just one ruleset. Apparently it's multiple features to help deal with lag that adjusts for better connections and worse. This guy talked to the developers of COD about it and they explained it. I assume that U3 lag compensation works similar to CoD since they said they talked to them for advice.

Yes lag can kill you around corners on your screen (happens to everyone all the time). On their screen you weren't around a corner. That's usually someone with a slow connection.

The flip side is that someone with a quicker connection can kill you quicker if they hit you first or even the same time. You can even get a lot of markers and they won't die. They will just be brought to low health state. This is because on their screen they start hitting you as lift your gun to fire at them.

YouTube the video and watch it. It's interesting. If you're playing someone from a different country you really just need to adjust how you play so you aren't just trying to counter once you're being hit. Getting the first markers is key. You both lag to each other so you can't just complain that their a lagger. To them you're a lagger.
Message 25 of 51 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4738 posts

May 10, 2013
Admin servers are limited. They aren't the choice of most current gen MPs for a reason. It's too difficult to always have good admins for the amount of matches large games need.
Message 26 of 51 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 10, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I actually watched a video.explaining lag compensation and how it's not just one ruleset. Apparently it's multiple features to help deal with lag that adjusts for better connections and worse. This guy talked to the developers of COD about it and they explained it. I assume that U3 lag compensation works similar to CoD since they said they talked to them for advice.

Yes lag can kill you around corners on your screen (happens to everyone all the time). On their screen you weren't around a corner. That's usually someone with a slow connection.

The flip side is that someone with a quicker connection can kill you quicker if they hit you first or even the same time. You can even get a lot of markers and they won't die. They will just be brought to low health state. This is because on their screen they start hitting you as lift your gun to fire at them.

YouTube the video and watch it. It's interesting. If you're playing someone from a different country you really just need to adjust how you play so you aren't just trying to counter once you're being hit. Getting the first markers is key. You both lag to each other so you can't just complain that their a lagger. To them you're a lagger.

Yeah that's the latency part. But there are other things that can affect the gameplay such as packet loss. The game can't wait forever to resend lost packets so it might very well happen that your bullets simply disappear before they reach the host. I think we all know roughly how many bullets it should take to kill a guy yet in some matches people just won't fricking die no matter how much you shoot them. The only explanation I have for that you're experiencing severe packet loss because your connection with the host is bad.

I don't really understand how the game can allow lag switching either. I'm getting dropped from matches randomly that seem to be running smoothly yet some cheater can stop receiving game data for over a second and don't get booted? That's complete bull...

Message 27 of 51 (182 Views)
Fender Bender
4298 posts

May 10, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and take a guess this video was either from Driftor or TmarTn. At the very least these two have definitely done videos about this.

Message 28 of 51 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4934 posts

May 11, 2013
I just looked on the leaderboards, and the dude below me is 4362-8. 545.25 KD. I bet is W/L ratio SUCKS
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 29 of 51 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

May 11, 2013

renatabls wrote:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Multiplayer-Bans/m-p/37317588#U...

I am assuming I should post my videos there? Anyway thanks for the link.

Message 30 of 51 (171 Views)
0 Likes