Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Re: Legacy 5 players seem to be stronger and harder to kill than lower legacies

Aug 11, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:
Once you hit legacy 5, your ego inflates and you turn into a cocky annoying little critter than intends to ruin the fun for everyone just to improve your worthless little stats, which fuel your already overly inflated ego even more.

what, am I too narrow minded?

That's sadly me. :smileysad:

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 31 of 67 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Aug 12, 2013

This is why I always like to have negative stats and once in a while I use guns I suck at and throw my game.

I never get accused of lagging/tryhardness/whatever. I'm cool with being accused of noobiness, since that's what I'm going for.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 32 of 67 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Aug 12, 2013
Come on stunt ur not that bad at all
Message 33 of 67 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Aug 12, 2013

dark18assassin92 wrote:
Come on stunt ur not that bad at all

Point is, I try to make myself look bad on purpose. Less hassle in the long run.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 34 of 67 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Aug 12, 2013
Oh ok. :smileyhappy:
Message 35 of 67 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Laggers have a big advangates in this game,so they keep play game,because they dont die normal way and kill you qucikly,and he/she think vowww i am a good player,i am a pro,and and keep playing,in this way they reach level 75/legacy 5 ,but you have not this lag advantage and u break playing and because you r angry,that's all :smileywink:

Message 36 of 67 (207 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Aug 12, 2013

To sum up:

-All characters have the same hitboxes.  If you don’t believe it, go into a custom match with a couple of friends with various characters (including the doughnut and skeleton ones) and try shooting each other.  The most obvious is with the doughnut characters…if you shoot near the edge of their body, the hit DOES NOT register.  Similar thing with the skeleton characters…if you shoot near their body (but not actually on the graphic of their body), the hit DOES register.

-Not all Legacy 5 Level 75 are idjits.  I cut my teeth on coop and gained most of my experience there.  In coop, I’m proud of my completions…I couldn’t care less how many kills I get as long as we play cooperatively as a team and we complete the match.  In competitive, I hover around a KDR of 1 and I admit that I do care about my ratio but only as a measure of how much I’ve improved, which brings me to my next point… 

-Laggers.  I suspect this is the one of the reasons (along with experienced players simply being more skilled and knowing more tricks…like Whack’n’Roll) you have trouble killing opponents and it only stands out as memorable for the higher level players.  If you can go positive in a match against laggers, you’re clearly a better player than they are and should be proud.  It can be astoundingly frustrating playing against them but there are few things more satisfying than winning a match against laggers (or even keeping it close).  Unless I’m totally blown out (sometimes because they are simply better players but often because of horrible lag – you’ll get to know the difference), I usually stay in find game and more often than not, the laggers leave after losing outright or even if they won a close match because their KDR is going to continue to take a hit playing against me and my mates. 

I’d say I’m slightly above average in competitive but I have good internet (decent throughput BUT very stable) AND I have a conservative playing style…I typically have a KDR of around 2 in any given match but it took me about a year to get where I am now. Historically, my KDR is just okay (it’s been moving up steadily for the last six months or so).  Sometimes, I do much better…sometimes as high as 6 or even 8 but that’s quite rare.  For maybe one in five matches, I don’t go positive and of those times, it’s usually pretty horrible…sometimes as few as 1 kill for every 10 deaths.

People make a lot of noise about how stats are meaningless and generally, I agree as a measure of skill BUT if someone has a KDR much above 2 or 3…there’s something not quite right – there has to be some explanation: a new or alternate account; boosting; lagging (I think lagging is by far the most common culprit); outright cheating; or whatever.  Some players are that good but I recently encountered a player that had a KDR above 30 (absurd!) and it’s not uncommon to meet players with KDRs above 5.  I’m sorry but if you have decent internet, don’t cheat, don’t boost and actually play the game (rather than hiding or camping), it’s inconceivable that you can have so few deaths.

I’ll get off my soap box now.  Keep at it.  Eventually you’ll get better and us pesky Level 75/Legacy 5s will not seem so invincible! :smileyhappy:

Message 37 of 67 (202 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Anything above 2 KDR your probably a lagger.

There is like next to no Health in Uncharted games so even the n00biest of n00bs should be able to take you down and spoil your KDR.

It's ironic that whenever I'm aware I'm lagging. I know when my connection isn't playing ball with me... I tend to go on huge streaks without dying as much, but whenever it's at it's normal speed, which unfortunately is most of the time.. I kill one and usually take a death with it.

Message 38 of 67 (195 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Aug 12, 2013

@Aureilia...

You definitely speak the truth.  Lag cuts both ways and once in a while you’ll benefit (either because your own internet is temporarily spotty or you’re in party with someone sketchy).

I occasionally have those matches where I think...”Wow, I definitely shouldn’t have come out on the winning side of that gun battle!”  Nature of the game, unfortunately.

Message 39 of 67 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Aug 12, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Aureilia...

You definitely speak the truth.  Lag cuts both ways and once in a while you’ll benefit (either because your own internet is temporarily spotty or you’re in party with someone sketchy).

I occasionally have those matches where I think...”Wow, I definitely shouldn’t have come out on the winning side of that gun battle!”  Nature of the game, unfortunately.

Yeah. My connection was horrible two nights back. I got a rampant. LOL

I saw the white plug flick on and off the center of the screen 3 times too :smileyhappy:

I still pretty much stand by what I've always said though. if a connection isn't performing well enough or even if mine isn't. I shouldn't be allowed to play online.

I should be able to sign in to PSN, and thats it, Single Player all the way after that.

I'd rather take the punishment myself to make sure that when my connection is fine, I'll get good quality matches.

Just hope that exists with the PS4 since we'll be paying for playing. x.x

Message 40 of 67 (189 Views)