Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: Let's Break It Down: Building a Better Uncharted - Part 1

Apr 26, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

renatabls wrote:
I'm just here hoping for ND to make blindfire less(way, waaaay less) effective in U4. And fix party splits. That's all i wish. Oh, and Wetsuit Elena. :smileyhappy:

And less Microtransactions or Free Maps + Microtransactions.

HC mode.

I actually have a post coming just for you. It will be paired in all of the gametypes but I make a case for it lol. 

It better not be another "We don't need HC mode because there's Classic anyway" BS.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 31 of 64 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013
C'mon!

Type up the 15 pages you were talking about!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 32 of 64 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1719 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Wait... Squid and Triple became MVPs :smileysurprised:

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 33 of 64 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 26, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

Naughty Dog must have made all these design decisions in UC3 for a reason?

From a purely business angle it makes complete sense.

Create a multiplayer game that:

1) Caters towards a wider audience

2) Takes out the importance of skill and replaces it with game mechanics that artificially create the sense of accomplishment, which will hook a larger group of players to keep playing.

3) Make it fun to play, which they did achieve imo.

4) Have a stable platform for micro-transactions. Constant revenue with minimal resources required to sustain it. 

I don't feel like Naughty Dog views the Uncharted multiplayer on any other level than this. 

The amount of time and resources put towards actually improving the core of the multiplayer was heavily outweighed by money making schemes. From the FH scam to the tournament system, Naughty Dog hasn't shown any incentive in changing their main focus.

They still make great games but I personally don't see the point in trying to help in a discussion to improve the core of Uncharted, when the company views their multiplayer as primarily a cash cow.

You're right on every accord, however I don't think it's something you just dump in the trash because of how a developer acts. 

I got **bleep** from an employee within Naughty Dog for pushing competitive side so hard because "it's a waste of time". Couldn't be more wrong. Just because it doesn't fit THIS game doesn't mean you don't build now for the future. What company, team, group, etc ever just picked up day 1 and expected everything to fall into place? Ok maybe Naughty Dog is the only company we have experience with to do that but smart "creators" start even when there isn't much to work with. Many success stories start with "back then I had nothing and now look what I built". It's the same motif. Build something on a rock so that it doesn't wash away and invite as many people in as you can. 

If we just give in now, we've already lost as a whole. We might as well be COD players. As much as that series has enhanced the gaming culture, it has also tarnished the foundation, thus creating the cycle we are all now part of. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 34 of 64 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 26, 2013

tack129 wrote:

This is a long post so I could only skim read what you have said. I'll go over it one point at a time.

Yes the KAL-7 should not have been a blindfire weapon, heck it's inconsistent with the SP. In the SP the KAL-7 was useable and fun. In MP on both competitive and especially co-op it's a joke. Recoil should not be ridiculously high, the blindfire should not be ridiculously high. It should be aim-able. Heck lower the rate of fire too.

In co-op I hardly see anyone using the KAL-7. It's useless against tougher enemies in comparison to the AK, M9 or heck even the G-MAL.

The aim-mechanics overall are poor. Mainly due to the recoil being overall too hard for people to aim, as a result it's easier just to blindfire then to aim their gun. If you want to make it easier for people without resorting to blindfire. Make it easier to aim.

The recoil on the M9 is almost little to none hence why a majority of people use that gun. It shouldn't be that way.

UC2's aim mechanics features very little recoil and is enjoyed by nearly everyone.

There is a line between fun and realistic. While it is realistic to have recoil across all the guns it hampers the ability for people to aim and be skillful. As a result it is not fun for people.

Crazy thing? I wrote the whole thing on the phone while riding to a meeting lol. 

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 35 of 64 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 26, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

renatabls wrote:
I'm just here hoping for ND to make blindfire less(way, waaaay less) effective in U4. And fix party splits. That's all i wish. Oh, and Wetsuit Elena. :smileyhappy:

HC mode.

I actually have a post coming just for you. It will be paired in all of the gametypes but I make a case for it lol. 

It better not be another "We don't need HC mode because there's Classic anyway" BS.

No, I made a case for why it should still be around. 

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 36 of 64 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Wait... Squid and Triple became MVPs :smileysurprised:

They'll make anyone an MVP these days...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 37 of 64 (222 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 26, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

renatabls wrote:

HC mode.

time to start that 'Bring back HC for UC4' petition.:smileylol:

And watch it get bomarded by "CLASSIC IS BETTER" crap? Nah.

The player pool for Classic disagrees. :manindifferent:

all 4 of them.

I'm sure there's a lot of Classic players. I mean, they did get a lot of kudos.

89 (to be precise-ish :smileyvery-happy:). That means that with twenty more kudos on the blindfire thread, it will have double that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 38 of 64 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
617 posts

Apr 26, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

tack129 wrote:

This is a long post so I could only skim read what you have said. I'll go over it one point at a time.

Yes the KAL-7 should not have been a blindfire weapon, heck it's inconsistent with the SP. In the SP the KAL-7 was useable and fun. In MP on both competitive and especially co-op it's a joke. Recoil should not be ridiculously high, the blindfire should not be ridiculously high. It should be aim-able. Heck lower the rate of fire too.

In co-op I hardly see anyone using the KAL-7. It's useless against tougher enemies in comparison to the AK, M9 or heck even the G-MAL.

The aim-mechanics overall are poor. Mainly due to the recoil being overall too hard for people to aim, as a result it's easier just to blindfire then to aim their gun. If you want to make it easier for people without resorting to blindfire. Make it easier to aim.

The recoil on the M9 is almost little to none hence why a majority of people use that gun. It shouldn't be that way.

UC2's aim mechanics features very little recoil and is enjoyed by nearly everyone.

There is a line between fun and realistic. While it is realistic to have recoil across all the guns it hampers the ability for people to aim and be skillful. As a result it is not fun for people.

Crazy thing? I wrote the whole thing on the phone while riding to a meeting lol. 

s

Message 39 of 64 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Apr 26, 2013
The only thing they need to do to this game is add stat chest and stat boots. Then competitive players will take it seriously.
Message 40 of 64 (256 Views)
0 Likes