Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

Re: Let's Break It Down: Building a Better Uncharted - Part 1

Apr 26, 2013
sQuiiDx wrote:

Crazy thing? I wrote the whole thing on the phone while riding to a meeting lol. 

Serious reply pending...

For now I will respond to this comment the only way I know how.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 64 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1955 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Yeah I bought that bike last week dig it?
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 64 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Apr 26, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

renatabls wrote:
I'm just here hoping for ND to make blindfire less(way, waaaay less) effective in U4. And fix party splits. That's all i wish. Oh, and Wetsuit Elena. :smileyhappy:

And less Microtransactions or Free Maps + Microtransactions.

HC mode.

I actually have a post coming just for you. It will be paired in all of the gametypes but I make a case for it lol. 

It better not be another "We don't need HC mode because there's Classic anyway" BS.

No, I made a case for why it should still be around. 

You got my support then.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 64 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6698 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Mine as well :smileyvery-happy:
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 64 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13001 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

renatabls wrote:
I'm just here hoping for ND to make blindfire less(way, waaaay less) effective in U4. And fix party splits. That's all i wish. Oh, and Wetsuit Elena. :smileyhappy:

And less Microtransactions or Free Maps + Microtransactions.

HC mode.

time to start that 'Bring back HC for UC4' petition.:smileylol:

And watch it get bomarded by "CLASSIC IS BETTER" crap? Nah.

The player pool for Classic disagrees. :manindifferent:

all 4 of them.

I'm sure there's a lot of Classic players. I mean, they did get a lot of kudos.

I'm pretty sure the majority of those people supported classic for 2 main reasons. To get UC2 TDM, and for the treasures. Once people realized that this wasn't like UC2 and got their treasure guns after a couple weeks, the player pool dipped.

Pretty much that, I'll evade classic if I'm with some people.. It's Uncharted 3's TDM without powerplays and loadouts, thats all, theres nothing classic, Uncharted 2 ish about it at all, apart from no throwbacks. that is all. I don't know why sprint is there, i don't know why everything still has immense recoil. The same issues can be found in the other modes, if it does nothing or hardly anything different, why bother.

Classic fully had my support. Until I saw what it was. Then it was like.. Ugh give me Hardcore back, at least that brought something different to the table.

I was never for eliminating Hardcore though, I was all for Eliminating Elimination since it doesn't even work properly. Wait many minutes to end rounds due to late joins...

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 64 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6698 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Hardcore was the best mode IMO because you really see the skills you see who is good with their guns I would go 20 and 5 every match with close quarters combat and my m9 didn't even use grenades
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 64 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1791 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
Yeah I bought that bike last week dig it?

I must say it's pretty pimpin' XD

Anyway

sQuiiDx wrote:
You're right on every accord, however I don't think it's something you just dump in the trash because of how a developer acts. 

I got **bleep** from an employee within Naughty Dog for pushing competitive side so hard because "it's a waste of time". Couldn't be more wrong. Just because it doesn't fit THIS game doesn't mean you don't build now for the future. What company, team, group, etc ever just picked up day 1 and expected everything to fall into place? Ok maybe Naughty Dog is the only company we have experience with to do that but smart "creators" start even when there isn't much to work with. Many success stories start with "back then I had nothing and now look what I built". It's the same motif. Build something on a rock so that it doesn't wash away and invite as many people in as you can. 

If we just give in now, we've already lost as a whole. We might as well be COD players. As much as that series has enhanced the gaming culture, it has also tarnished the foundation, thus creating the cycle we are all now part of. 

There's been some initiative across the whole Sony line of multiplayers to copy the COD formula. Without even thinking of the consequences this was pushed into every game, Killzone, Socom, Uncharted etc. 

I wish I knew if it was the developers choice or Sony executives. After reading this:

"I got **bleep** from an employee within Naughty Dog for pushing competitive side so hard because "it's a waste of time"."

I don't think there's anyone currently working at Naughty Dog who has any drive to make a competitive game. I'm sure they're capable of it but without the focus or goals set from the beginning of the project, what hope is there? 

Until we get the next "COD4" revolutionary step, then I doubt there will be much change other than reducing the resources even further away from what "we" deem as what a good multiplayer should be made up of.  It will continue to lean towards how many gimic systems can we shove into the game before we run out of memory space. 

People talk about Naughty Dog having poor execution and I would have to disagree. Look how well the tournament system was executed: Ticket system, leaderboards, annoying pop-ups in the menu system, blog video released to promote it and DLC planned to support it over the next few months. When it has the potential to make them money, they will sink as much time and resources into the project to make sure everything is perfectly executed. 

I can't critisize them on this because they're a business but when we have a completely broken matchmaking system, guns that aim themselves and the most BASIC of custom match options not even being part of the game on release. It seems pointless even trying as far as this series is concerned. 

No one gives a **bleep** about this stuff over there and I will grant them the same courtesy. Personally I'm happy for this series to continue to be a sandbox of crazy ideas for me to mess around with, however I will never respect it like I do Quake, Halo, Counterstrike or StarCraft. 

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 64 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1583 posts

Apr 26, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

PeteX19 wrote:

Naughty Dog must have made all these design decisions in UC3 for a reason?

From a purely business angle it makes complete sense.

Create a multiplayer game that:

1) Caters towards a wider audience

2) Takes out the importance of skill and replaces it with game mechanics that artificially create the sense of accomplishment, which will hook a larger group of players to keep playing.

3) Make it fun to play, which they did achieve imo.

4) Have a stable platform for micro-transactions. Constant revenue with minimal resources required to sustain it. 

I don't feel like Naughty Dog views the Uncharted multiplayer on any other level than this. 

The amount of time and resources put towards actually improving the core of the multiplayer was heavily outweighed by money making schemes. From the FH scam to the tournament system, Naughty Dog hasn't shown any incentive in changing their main focus.

They still make great games but I personally don't see the point in trying to help in a discussion to improve the core of Uncharted, when the company views their multiplayer as primarily a cash cow.

I got **bleep** from an employee within Naughty Dog for pushing competitive side so hard because "it's a waste of time". 

Wait, an ND employee actually said that?? I hope ND can actually get serious with Uncharted 4. Or would they? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 64 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 26, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

PeteX19 wrote:

Naughty Dog must have made all these design decisions in UC3 for a reason?

From a purely business angle it makes complete sense.

Create a multiplayer game that:

1) Caters towards a wider audience

2) Takes out the importance of skill and replaces it with game mechanics that artificially create the sense of accomplishment, which will hook a larger group of players to keep playing.

3) Make it fun to play, which they did achieve imo.

4) Have a stable platform for micro-transactions. Constant revenue with minimal resources required to sustain it. 

I don't feel like Naughty Dog views the Uncharted multiplayer on any other level than this. 

The amount of time and resources put towards actually improving the core of the multiplayer was heavily outweighed by money making schemes. From the FH scam to the tournament system, Naughty Dog hasn't shown any incentive in changing their main focus.

They still make great games but I personally don't see the point in trying to help in a discussion to improve the core of Uncharted, when the company views their multiplayer as primarily a cash cow.

I got **bleep** from an employee within Naughty Dog for pushing competitive side so hard because "it's a waste of time". 

Wait, an ND employee actually said that?? I hope ND can actually get serious with Uncharted 4. Or would they? 

@Pete, that was on point. & Who said that? 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 64 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

Seth Rogen rides a bicycle on Electric Avenue.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 64 (136 Views)
0 Likes