Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Re: Let's Break It Down: Building a Better Uncharted - Part 1

Apr 27, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Not sure what good any of this would do other than let people nod their heads at one another: yep, that's what I said, too.  Yep, I want that, too.

Even when they knew, from U2.1.09, how improved the game experience was when the incentive to simply kill was removed from Plunder, they reset to make farming a viable gameplay mode in UC3.

Even though parties have split since Uncharted 2, they never fixed it.   Even though treasure chests have displayed un-takeable treasures since the very first beta, they still haven't fixed it.

It's possible to make teh game more competitive by tweaking the game settings in Custom mode.  If so, why on earth would they make such a demanding skillset for play part of the standard online model?   When the game sells 5 Million plus copies, why on earth would they change the game to potentially rule out casuals?  
Who has a business model based on reducing the customer base?  Who intentionally trades respect from the hardcore gamer for cash potential?

Well... not many companies I can think of.   Lobby all you want for possible sliders, settings and maps for the custom gaming scene.    I don't see how you're going to convince the company to change the general version of the game into a hardcore competitive standard.   If you alter the game so that the best players no longer go 15-5 but they go 19-1, and the losses pile on the poorer players, you're going to lose business, players, interest, duration of interest and DLC sales.

Not.  Going.  To.  Happen.

:smileysad: re-support UC2, that would just fix everything for competitive players. 

What about Co-op?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 61 of 64 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Apr 27, 2013
This was beautiful. I'm gonna make a commentary about it :smileyvery-happy:
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Message 62 of 64 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Apr 27, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Not sure what good any of this would do other than let people nod their heads at one another: yep, that's what I said, too.  Yep, I want that, too.

Even when they knew, from U2.1.09, how improved the game experience was when the incentive to simply kill was removed from Plunder, they reset to make farming a viable gameplay mode in UC3.

Even though parties have split since Uncharted 2, they never fixed it.   Even though treasure chests have displayed un-takeable treasures since the very first beta, they still haven't fixed it.

It's possible to make teh game more competitive by tweaking the game settings in Custom mode.  If so, why on earth would they make such a demanding skillset for play part of the standard online model?   When the game sells 5 Million plus copies, why on earth would they change the game to potentially rule out casuals?  
Who has a business model based on reducing the customer base?  Who intentionally trades respect from the hardcore gamer for cash potential?

Well... not many companies I can think of.   Lobby all you want for possible sliders, settings and maps for the custom gaming scene.    I don't see how you're going to convince the company to change the general version of the game into a hardcore competitive standard.   If you alter the game so that the best players no longer go 15-5 but they go 19-1, and the losses pile on the poorer players, you're going to lose business, players, interest, duration of interest and DLC sales.

:smileysad: re-support UC2, that would just fix everything for competitive players. 

What about Co-op?

IMO. Co-op is already better in Uncharted 2.

Not forced to play Gold Rush or Siege.

It has Adventure mode under a different name.

It lacks hunter mode but hunter sucks anyway.

Better gameplay / survival = better co-op :smileyhappy:

Message 63 of 64 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

scootgar wrote:

What about Co-op?

IMO. Co-op is already better in Uncharted 2.

Not forced to play Gold Rush or Siege.

It has Adventure mode under a different name.

It lacks hunter mode but hunter sucks anyway.

Better gameplay / survival = better co-op :smileyhappy:

The best chose would be to re-support UC2, for dem competitive playa's & keep Ndogging all the casual players on UC3.

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 64 of 64 (154 Views)
0 Likes