Feb 26 2013
By: Sieeker Hekseville Citizen 266 posts

Let us play without disc, and keep our stuff!

28 replies 707 views Edited Feb 26, 2013
I thought that I would be able to play without the disc. That would have been huge to me. I'd pay to be able to play everything I already own without having to use my disc. Maybe $.99, $9.99? Not another $100 though. C'MON! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 29 (707 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: Let us play without disc, and keep our stuff!

Feb 26, 2013

we all wished this Smiley Sad

Cutter
Message 2 of 29 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Yeah.....
Here i was hoping 4 the same :/

But nooooo
They rather give it away to new players who will play a few matches and leave -_-
Message 3 of 29 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Not seeing the appeal F2P will bring. I mean I picture most people downloading this thing, getting slaugtered for a few days, then never playing again and having no interest in buying the full game. Since people with the disc can't play without it, this seems pointless at best.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 4 of 29 (622 Views)
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Feb 27, 2013
It's not going to happen I honestly thought this would have happened for us who already owned the game which why Is I was excited for it, oh well typical ND.

The least they could have done is release the maps for free for players with the paw icon just for this week to unify the player pool or drop the price & bundle the maps into a GOTY edition like they did for UC2, I really don't know what they are waiting on I don't even play competitive with my maps anymore it's useless player pool is too fragmented.
Message 5 of 29 (594 Views)
Sackboy
455 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Something these devs lack is common sense.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 6 of 29 (580 Views)
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 27, 2013

This is also what I was expecting and wanting. Being able to download on a hardrive would reduce the spinning ring lag, matches would play smoother and we would all have an overall smoother experience. If they could make it downloadable for people to try out why not for people who were loyal and bought the game over a year ago and have had to deal with things like Spinning Ring. 

Message 7 of 29 (569 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Feb 27, 2013
because it's to hard to put a disc in a ps3?
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 8 of 29 (551 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
because it's to hard to put a disc in a ps3?

Look, I understand that you are a ND fanboy, but we don't need smartass responses that don't help anyone.

Do you understand the technical merits of running a game off the HDD? If not, do us a favor and evacuate this thread.

@OP

If I had it my way, I'd give the full version of UC3 MP to everyone that has already redeemed the online pass.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 29 (531 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Feb 27, 2013
You guys have to see this from NDs perspective. I know it will sound crazy but just hear me out on this. All ND is trying to do is expose themselves to a wider variety of players. They do this by offering a demo of the MP of U3. The next day, millions of gamers go to the PS Store and see that there is a new F2P game - with guns - that looks like it could be fun. They download it and play it and enjoy it untill either A.) they give up since they're a newb, or B.) They hit the level cap and cant buy the full game ATM. And for those of whome that buy the full game, ND makes profit. But you see, the fact they made a quick buck doesn't matter, it's the fact they're trying to expose themselves to those who don't know (Think everyone knows about ND? Think again). Now while the demo players play the game, they are bound at least once to see TLOU trailer on UTV. (Now you see where I'm going with this) So now if people who found the U3 MP demo was fun, they are almost gauranteed t buy TLOU at its initial release, thus giving ND the profits they would have got, plus a whole lot extra from all the players that played and enjoyed the demo. So you see, ND didn't make the demo for us to enjoy, they made it for them so when TLOU comes out, they'll make more money than they have before, thus bringing a whole new Uncharted experience tho U4 when it comes out (which it will) for PS4. So it's not about us, its all about them. However on the bright side, we get to destroy some newbs, AND have a spectacular U4 experience that will get a 9.3 on ign, 9.5 on Gameinformer and 8.9 on Gamespot (I see the future!). Bottom line, it's a marketing stratagy they are using in order to make U4 (or whatever else ND might have under their sleave) an amazing game expirience for the PS4. So in the end, the ball bounces back to us, the people who care. And on the brigh side, I read that Sony plans on making the PS4 like the Vita in terms of its PSN store, which means every (EVERY) game will be available for download. So although I am being a fanboy, I'm also being a marketing guru. So just suck it up for now and deal with it.
Message 10 of 29 (442 Views)