Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2668 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 10, 2013
The shottie hasnt been an issue in a over a year.
On average the number of times you get anymore than 3 kills from a kickback shottie (6 shots) is low.
The T-bolt is the most obvious kickback choice for tryhards who want the most cost effective kickback that grants the most kills.

The T-bolt has been the tryhard Booster since Shottie jumping was sorted out.
its just a matter of bring it into line with all the other offensive kickbacks that now cost 12 medals - the T-bolt should follow suit.
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 165 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Nov 11, 2013
I thought the T-Bolt was 12 medals? I guess it's on par with the RPG, which has half its normal amount.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 165 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

Who said I was comparing? I'm just saying what is possible within the realms of the game and how effective the Shotty can be, by being able to take out an entire time as well. Obviously the T-bolt can be used at all ranges if you are skilled enough, which is why I specified close range with the Shotty.

Even so the Shotty cannot take out an entire team, the chances of someone landing 1 shot & steele fisting an entire team is very slim. Plus it also costs 12 medals, it's not worth the hassle. The argument presented was the T-Bolt should be 12 medals as well. Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 165 (487 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Nov 11, 2013
It better be. The only PW worth 10 is the half-loaded RPG.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 165 (481 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

Nov 11, 2013
No pretty sure t bolt is 10 medals. I'm kinda upset about the mega bomb since i have been using it for nearly my entire time playing u3. It really shouldn't have been touched at all at they stopped the throw backs. Honestly, outside of campers, team objective and sometimes plunder, how often do you see a mega bomb killing an entire team? Now with these changes, it's even harder to get kills since with lag the increased timer seems like an eternity sometimes. Not really going to complain though, at least it can't be thrown back now. Can't tell you how many times I would be saving my mega bomb, wall or even roof bounce it to have it thrown back. Or when I throw it on a surface and someone literally 10ft away throw it back.
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 165 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Nov 11, 2013
In the end it all comes down to Kickbacks being a useless addition in U3. No one asked for it and everyone hates it when you're shooting at someone but they activate their RPG kickback. Just so not fair.
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 165 (407 Views)
PlayStation MVP
680 posts

Nov 11, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

Who said I was comparing? I'm just saying what is possible within the realms of the game and how effective the Shotty can be, by being able to take out an entire time as well. Obviously the T-bolt can be used at all ranges if you are skilled enough, which is why I specified close range with the Shotty.

Even so the Shotty cannot take out an entire team, the chances of someone landing 1 shot & steele fisting an entire team is very slim. Plus it also costs 12 medals, it's not worth the hassle. The argument presented was the T-Bolt should be 12 medals as well. Thoughts?

I feel so bad for asking this, considering I use it pretty regularly, but how many does it cost? I want to say 10 but could be very wrong, if it is less than that, then I definitely feel it needs to be increased. 12 sounds like it could be pretty balanced but it is hard to tell. 

The T-bolt is in this weird spot when it comes to power weapons. Just about every long gun power weapon has the chance to take out an entire team (or close to it), given the proper scenario, usually them all being close to each other in the case of explosives. The T-bolt can take out everybody at multiple ranges and individually. It really sounds too versatile, which why I think they nerfed the M9. The M9 was not OP but it was so too useful. You can control it at long ranges and it had good blindfire accuracy. If you go by this logic, I think the T-bolt could use an increase in medals.

renatabls wrote:
In the end it all comes down to Kickbacks being a useless addition in U3. No one asked for it and everyone hates it when you're shooting at someone but they activate their RPG kickback. Just so not fair.

Disagree. I think they are great, they just need better implementation, like no power weapon kickbacks. It adds a little something extra to the gameplay to make it deeper. Maybe more support type kickbacks? I don't really have the best suggestions but I think everyone could agree that if you removed power weapons from kickbacks, they would be that much better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 165 (393 Views)
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

Nov 11, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

I feel so bad for asking this, considering I use it pretty regularly, but how many does it cost? I want to say 10 but could be very wrong, if it is less than that, then I definitely feel it needs to be increased. 12 sounds like it could be pretty balanced but it is hard to tell. 

The T-bolt is in this weird spot when it comes to power weapons. Just about every long gun power weapon has the chance to take out an entire team (or close to it), given the proper scenario, usually them all being close to each other in the case of explosives. The T-bolt can take out everybody at multiple ranges and individually. It really sounds too versatile, which why I think they nerfed the M9. The M9 was not OP but it was so too useful. You can control it at long ranges and it had good blindfire accuracy. If you go by this logic, I think the T-bolt could use an increase in medals.

renatabls wrote:

Disagree. I think they are great, they just need better implementation, like no power weapon kickbacks. It adds a little something extra to the gameplay to make it deeper. Maybe more support type kickbacks? I don't really have the best suggestions but I think everyone could agree that if you removed power weapons from kickbacks, they would be that much better.

Or what I have been saying for well over a year, that power weapons are removed completely from the maps, only available thru kickbacks. Especially so in elimination. Very frustrating to play elimination, have the other team get to the SAS, and take out 2-5 players from a power weapon. Pretty much elimination is a race to the power weapon to either get or prevent the other from getting. Same in TDM, however, you respawn in TDM, not the case obviously in elimination.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 165 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Nov 11, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

renatabls wrote:

I agree with Leaf! Power Weapons should never been kickbacks! What's the point if you can find them in maps? And a lot of them because most maps has a bunch of power weapons to use!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 165 (384 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
680 posts

Nov 11, 2013

bigpretty23 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Or what I have been saying for well over a year, that power weapons are removed completely from the maps, only available thru kickbacks. Especially so in elimination. Very frustrating to play elimination, have the other team get to the SAS, and take out 2-5 players from a power weapon. Pretty much elimination is a race to the power weapon to either get or prevent the other from getting. Same in TDM, however, you respawn in TDM, not the case obviously in elimination.

I think everyone would just camp more if that was the case, in TDM at least. With power weapons laying around, it encourages you to move around and fight over them. If they were only available via kickbacks, people would get their medals and just wait for you to come to them. I know not everyone would be like this but I have seen plenty of people get them and run back to their campsite, get their medals and then they have their kickback, plus if they have the T-bolt, they can rack up enough medals to get it again with those 5 shots. Even though not every game would be like this, it sounds terrible to even be a possibility.

I agree about Elimination, though, something needs to be done about that. Maybe let them have the same timer as TDM so they don't spawn every round but closer to every other round? Maybe greatly decrease the amount of ammo they have? Just a few suggestions but I don't think completely removing them is the way to go. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 165 (374 Views)
0 Likes