Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 8, 2013

Even though I don't really know what was wrong with Mega Bomb being you know.. A mega bomb.

I'll reserve judgement until I try it.

Message 11 of 165 (1,090 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 8, 2013

And the leaderboard ? :'(

Hebergeur d'image

❖❖❖❖❖❖ ☆★ ЦИĈĦÂRŦЄÐ ПÂ$ŦЄR ★☆ ❖❖❖❖❖❖
Message 12 of 165 (1,062 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Link-25- wrote:

And the leaderboard ? :'(

What's that? 

Message 13 of 165 (1,059 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 8, 2013

>.<

Hebergeur d'image

❖❖❖❖❖❖ ☆★ ЦИĈĦÂRŦЄÐ ПÂ$ŦЄR ★☆ ❖❖❖❖❖❖
Message 14 of 165 (1,051 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Nov 8, 2013

The boosters weren't reversed, just cleared to fix the double booster bug. The Mega bomb kill radius was only reduced a half a meter, which is very small. Please try playing with the new settings and then give your feedback.

Message 15 of 165 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 8, 2013

omg thank you! i have all gold boosters again!

Message 16 of 165 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Nov 8, 2013
Good job with the first two! I have mixed feelings on the Mega Bomb change, it did need something, but an increased medal count would have probably worked just as well, it was just worrisome for Team Objective. I'll wait and see before I say anything else on it though.

I am sad to hear the boosters will remain in the same slots, it's not just about Team Safe being underpowered, but more Explosive Shell Expert and Regeneration being borderline OP.

I will say though, Team Safe + Monkey Man is a surprisingly good way to escape the endless Rockets and Hammer shells, but doesn't really help as much in gun fights.
Pepsi
Message 17 of 165 (1,009 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Awesome! We're all in the same boat now. Thank you so much Heart

I'll try the megabomb tomorrow. I don't use bargain and don't plan to...

Again, thanks! Much appreciated!

Message 18 of 165 (983 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multilayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 9, 2013

First off, I never usually post anything here and that's  obvious looking at my profile. That doesn't mean I have no opinion in what goes on in a game I've spent countless hours in. Since patch 1.18 I find myself here more and more. So now I'll leave my thoughts on it.

I think patch 1.18 was the best patch by leaps and bounds over everything up until that point, with the booster changes excluded from that statement. I applaud ND for resetting them now back to how they were with this live update. I still don't understand the reasoning behind the change in the first place, but whatever...

(Don't look at this as complaining, because I'm not)

I just don't understand why the mega bomb and cluster were messed with at all, if you didn't know how to use them correctly you just died to them end of story. I never once complained about dying to one, other than not hitting the triangle quick enough. The personal feeling of achievement from tossing one back is something that is lost from the game now. Throwbacks were a great feature added to UC3, it complimented its faster pace over UC2. If we were playing the beta and it was changed I'd have no issue but 2 years went by and people got used to things. Now we will get used to them again but was it necessary? Revenge and the megabomb or cluster bomb kickback will become the standard for certain people and will be the easiest way to get kills, so you know as well as everyone else it will get abused. A blast radius deduction wont compensate for the lag but if that's what we get it's better than leaving it the way it is since 1.18.

If you can throw back any grenades you should be able to throw back all, (excluding quick boom) learn how to do it or die until you do. I just can't understand the reasoning behind the decision. This isn't UC2, someone explain it to me please? 

I look forward to trying out the changes later today. Thanks for your time.

Message 19 of 165 (979 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multilayer - Boosters Edition

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

The problem with the mega and cluster bomb was that both are a kickback and just like the RPG and Hammer for example, they should be an advantage for you and your team. The throwback and/or the need of objects you had to throw them against was a clear disadvantage. Personally, I think it's okay now.

That said, I'm not sure if the throwback istelf is a good thing or rather something that hurts the gameplay overall.

Message 20 of 165 (969 Views)