Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 9, 2013
So we're getting My Carpet Bomb kickback and Explosives kickback changed as well then, because I'm still real upset when people throw back my Carpet Bomb. I guess I do wonder why the change developed into a reality as well.... Seemed okay with me to just accept the way it was and have fun riding the grenades "wave" no matter the severity of impact. It seemed like a well thought idea to use better strategy to access successful grenade kickbacks. Whatevs. Sorry I know this probably sounds dumb.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 165 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Oh yeah. I liked using the carpet bomb, the original "no throwbacks" nade. If you throw them so they're near each other, the timers interfere with each other, so you can throw back one and the rest will lock.

@Shane

Mega bomb: thrown back, kills your team, possibly costing your game.
Cluster Bomb: same as MB

Counters to other boosters consist of reversals that render the booster useless for BOTH teams. MB and CB renders it useless for ONE team.

The only way to make it fair since Mb and CB has no counters is that you can do a "defuse"- you still do the throwback, but:

A) it "vanishes", rendering the nade useless for both teams.

B) it is changed into a normal nade, which is KINDA useful for the other team, but is just as useful as Raffica to non-TSD players pre-patch.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 165 (560 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Forgot. KB nades in Revenge could possibly have a longer timer, since you know. You're not allowed a free kill because you're half-blind or something.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 165 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multilayer - Boosters Edition

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

fiberface wrote:

First off, I never usually post anything here and that's  obvious looking at my profile. That doesn't mean I have no opinion in what goes on in a game I've spent countless hours in. Since patch 1.18 I find myself here more and more. So now I'll leave my thoughts on it.

I think patch 1.18 was the best patch by leaps and bounds over everything up until that point, with the booster changes excluded from that statement. I applaud ND for resetting them now back to how they were with this live update. I still don't understand the reasoning behind the change in the first place, but whatever...

(Don't look at this as complaining, because I'm not)

I just don't understand why the mega bomb and cluster were messed with at all, if you didn't know how to use them correctly you just died to them end of story. I never once complained about dying to one, other than not hitting the triangle quick enough. The personal feeling of achievement from tossing one back is something that is lost from the game now. Throwbacks were a great feature added to UC3, it complimented its faster pace over UC2. If we were playing the beta and it was changed I'd have no issue but 2 years went by and people got used to things. Now we will get used to them again but was it necessary? Revenge and the megabomb or cluster bomb kickback will become the standard for certain people and will be the easiest way to get kills, so you know as well as everyone else it will get abused. A blast radius deduction wont compensate for the lag but if that's what we get it's better than leaving it the way it is since 1.18.

If you can throw back any grenades you should be able to throw back all, (excluding quick boom) learn how to do it or die until you do. I just can't understand the reasoning behind the decision. This isn't UC2, someone explain it to me please? 

I look forward to trying out the changes later today. Thanks for your time.

Mega Bombs & Clusters are Kickback grenades just like Quick Boom. 

I'm glad you guys can longer get free kills by throwing back someones hard earned 10 medals.

^^This

I do agree with Fiber on the fact that people whom abuse revenge will use megabomb as a cheap way to get kills.

Other than that I'm neutral on the subject of mega bombs and clusters.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 165 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I want my option A implemented.

It's not as annoying as killing their team with their bomb, but making a nade disappear? Lol. Tough luck, homes. Maybe have a less sucky KB next time.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 165 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1894 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013
Yeah, I can agree having it thrown back at your team does suck, a free kickback for the opposing team is unfair, especially when they were so easy to throw back before. Those ideas would work really well, and they could definitely find a way to include vanishing grenades, since it already happens whenever a host quits, lol.

Edit: Why is this forum trying to be Twitter with clickable names?
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 165 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
402 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

Honestly, if any kickback needed changing, it was (And still is) Juggernaut.

The kickback is pretty much useless. You move too slow to really do much of anything, and the extra health isn't high enough to warrant using as 2 people together will still kill you pretty quickly.

Creepy Crawler now costs less medals and and lasts longer. It was already superior to Juggernaut before, and not it isn't even close.

Creepy Crawler is essentially an offensive Smoke Bomb that works 100% of the time. What does Jugg have that warrants it costing the most medals in the game? Nothing. It really needs some changes, as it's one of most useless kickbacks in the game next to Cash Em In (Which is mainly used for leveling up Bargain and Kickback Endurance), yet it costs more than any other kickback.

As for the Kickback Grenades, meh. I feel that if you threw them correctly, you wouldn't have to worry about them being thrown back in the first place. They required slightly more skill to use than just tossing out a Quick Boom, but had the potential to be more rewarding. I don't care that much, just my two cents.

I do think that something should be done with Revenge Level 3 though. People were already complaining a lot about Revenge, but now that Mega/Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back, it'll be even worse. Honestly would be fine with ND just doing what they originally did to Bargain, and just locking it at Level 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 165 (487 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2013

nice

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 165 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5078 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

I just played this after a break and it was nice to see London Underground camping spot fixed. :smileyhappy:

I'd still rather have team safe on slot 2; Why fix things that ain't broken?

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 165 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Nov 9, 2013
The only booster that needed moving is Revenge. Seriously.

Although for balance someone has to give out their slot one booster. :/
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 165 (435 Views)
0 Likes