Wastelander
686 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multilayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 9, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

fiberface wrote:

First off, I never usually post anything here and that's  obvious looking at my profile. That doesn't mean I have no opinion in what goes on in a game I've spent countless hours in. Since patch 1.18 I find myself here more and more. So now I'll leave my thoughts on it.

I think patch 1.18 was the best patch by leaps and bounds over everything up until that point, with the booster changes excluded from that statement. I applaud ND for resetting them now back to how they were with this live update. I still don't understand the reasoning behind the change in the first place, but whatever...

(Don't look at this as complaining, because I'm not)

I just don't understand why the mega bomb and cluster were messed with at all, if you didn't know how to use them correctly you just died to them end of story. I never once complained about dying to one, other than not hitting the triangle quick enough. The personal feeling of achievement from tossing one back is something that is lost from the game now. Throwbacks were a great feature added to UC3, it complimented its faster pace over UC2. If we were playing the beta and it was changed I'd have no issue but 2 years went by and people got used to things. Now we will get used to them again but was it necessary? Revenge and the megabomb or cluster bomb kickback will become the standard for certain people and will be the easiest way to get kills, so you know as well as everyone else it will get abused. A blast radius deduction wont compensate for the lag but if that's what we get it's better than leaving it the way it is since 1.18.

If you can throw back any grenades you should be able to throw back all, (excluding quick boom) learn how to do it or die until you do. I just can't understand the reasoning behind the decision. This isn't UC2, someone explain it to me please? 

I look forward to trying out the changes later today. Thanks for your time.

Mega Bombs & Clusters are Kickback grenades just like Quick Boom. 

I'm glad you guys can longer get free kills by throwing back someones hard earned 10 medals.

Maybe Naughty Dog should create a Parry feature to reflect RPG's & Hammers if you press triangle right before impact, deflecting it back to you. Based off your logic. 

You actually had a valid point except you forgot about Carpet Bomb which can also be thrown back even though their timer's are synchronized. 

Based off your logic, all Kickbacks should be free kills or have no flaws in case of some of the other ones that aren't offensive. However, there are plenty more that are less effective with more flaws, yet all you do is go on about wanting free kills for some "hard earned" medals which aren't even difficult to obtain. 

"Oh, you ran X amount of meters, have a medal. You got the chest, here's 3 more." Already 40% there without even killing someone.

A Kickback is a gamble. You shouldn't be getting free anything except the ability to try for a little something more, hence the reward. Your logic would make the game so motonous and boring. The meta game makes the gameplay that much deeper (throwing grenades back and having to bank them off a wall). Others have already pointed out that this also makes using them more skilled with a possible greater reward over something like Quick Boom.  Given, there should be some kind of indicator that it is a Quick Boom grenade being thrown at you so you aren't completely oblivious.

On top of all this, the game has been out for 2 years. There has been ample enough time for people to learn how to throw grenades effectively. This is essentially blindfire for people who cannot throw them properly, thankfully it's not as effective due to this live update. This and the booster rearrangement wasn't necessary. Gun balancing was needed but this was not.

I'm not even going to touch that atrocious comment of yours about Power Weapons. 

Also, for the love of Derf, PLEASE BUFF JUGGERNAUNT! 

Twitter: @HeaneyWeeny
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Message 51 of 165 (749 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3990 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 9, 2013
Triangle button champion ^
Message 52 of 165 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

fiberface wrote:

First off, I never usually post anything here and that's  obvious looking at my profile. That doesn't mean I have no opinion in what goes on in a game I've spent countless hours in. Since patch 1.18 I find myself here more and more. So now I'll leave my thoughts on it.

I think patch 1.18 was the best patch by leaps and bounds over everything up until that point, with the booster changes excluded from that statement. I applaud ND for resetting them now back to how they were with this live update. I still don't understand the reasoning behind the change in the first place, but whatever...

I just don't understand why the mega bomb and cluster were messed with at all, if you didn't know how to use them correctly you just died to them end of story. I never once complained about dying to one, other than not hitting the triangle quick enough. The personal feeling of achievement from tossing one back is something that is lost from the game now. Throwbacks were a great feature added to UC3, it complimented its faster pace over UC2. If we were playing the beta and it was changed I'd have no issue but 2 years went by and people got used to things. Now we will get used to them again but was it necessary? Revenge and the megabomb or cluster bomb kickback will become the standard for certain people and will be the easiest way to get kills, so you know as well as everyone else it will get abused. A blast radius deduction wont compensate for the lag but if that's what we get it's better than leaving it the way it is since 1.18.

If you can throw back any grenades you should be able to throw back all, (excluding quick boom) learn how to do it or die until you do. I just can't understand the reasoning behind the decision. This isn't UC2, someone explain it to me please? 

I'm glad you guys can longer get free kills by throwing back someones hard earned 10 medals.

Maybe Naughty Dog should create a Parry feature to reflect RPG's & Hammers if you press triangle right before impact, deflecting it back to you. Based off your logic. 

You actually had a valid point except you forgot about Carpet Bomb which can also be thrown back even though their timer's are synchronized. 

Based off your logic, all Kickbacks should be free kills or have no flaws in case of some of the other ones that aren't offensive. However, there are plenty more that are less effective with more flaws, yet all you do is go on about wanting free kills for some "hard earned" medals which aren't even difficult to obtain. 

"Oh, you ran X amount of meters, have a medal. You got the chest, here's 3 more." Already 40% there without even killing someone.

A Kickback is a gamble. You shouldn't be getting free anything except the ability to try for a little something more, hence the reward. Your logic would make the game so motonous and boring. The meta game makes the gameplay that much deeper (throwing grenades back and having to bank them off a wall). Others have already pointed out that this also makes using them more skilled with a possible greater reward over something like Quick Boom.  Given, there should be some kind of indicator that it is a Quick Boom grenade being thrown at you so you aren't completely oblivious.

On top of all this, the game has been out for 2 years. There has been ample enough time for people to learn how to throw grenades effectively. This is essentially blindfire for people who cannot throw them properly, thankfully it's not as effective due to this live update. This and the booster rearrangement wasn't necessary. Gun balancing was needed but this was not.

I'm not even going to touch that atrocious comment of yours about Power Weapons. 

Do you use the carpet bomb? If this bothers you so much go address it with ND, frankly almost no one uses the carpet bomb & even if they couldn't be thrown back no one would still use it because I can simply Use Explosive Expert & the paid booster & have endless Carpet BIombs while having an ACTUAL Kickback.. So please don't try to come at me with your logics because i'm failing to see it.

Free Kills? A Free Kill is throwing back someones kickback. When you use an RPG, Hammer, Quickboom are those considered free kills because I don't even need to aim while using any of these to effectively use them. If I attain 10 medals & activate a Mega Bomb, how is that a free kill? because i'm sure that's exactly how every offensive KB works. Smiley Indifferent

All i'm getting friom this is you're mad you're guaranteed death now at the hands of a Mega Bomb... oh dear.

Lastly Unless i'm illiterate & obviously can't read. Please to highlight this atrocious comment about 'Power Weapons' that clearly doesn't exist. And if you're referring to my last sentence then obviously you're too dense to not realize I was being sarcastic.

Please ND BUFF JUGGERNAUT so this person can activate it when a Mega Bomb is thrown at their feet so they won't die. Smiley Sad

Message 53 of 165 (713 Views)
Wastelander
686 posts

Nov 9, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

fiberface wrote:

Do you use the carpet bomb? If this bothers you so much go address it with ND, frankly almost no one uses the carpet bomb & even if they couldn't be thrown back no one would still use it because I can simply Use Explosive Expert & the paid booster & have endless Carpet BIombs while having an ACTUAL Kickback.. So please don't try to come at me with your logics because i'm failing to see it.

Free Kills? A Free Kill is throwing back someones kickback. When you use an RPG, Hammer, Quickboom are those considered free kills because I don't even need to aim while using any of these to effectively use them. If I attain 10 medals & activate a Mega Bomb, how is that a free kill? because i'm sure that's exactly how every offensive KB works. Smiley Indifferent

All i'm getting friom this is you're mad you're guaranteed death now at the hands of a Mega Bomb... oh dear.

Lastly Unless i'm illiterate & obviously can't read. Please to highlight this atrocious comment about 'Power Weapons' that clearly doesn't exist. And if you're referring to my last sentence then obviously you're too dense to not realize I was being sarcastic.

Please ND BUFF JUGGERNAUT so this person can activate it when a Mega Bomb is thrown at their feet so they won't die. Smiley Sad

I don't think me using Carpet Bomb really has anything to do with it. I don't use it, I don't use any grenade kickbacks, to be honest, unless I am playing Objective. Normal grenades do the job just fine. Guess they shouldn't have buffed any other weapons either since there are more effective ones, no? Wait, what? Of course they should've done it. Increased variety in playstyles makes it fun for having to learn how to counter them, keeps you on your feet and keeps the game interesting. You have a point about Explosive Expert but there are more powerful boosters (and kickbacks) to use to replace of both of them. I'm not trying to pick the most effective loadout here, if I was then none of these choices would be there.

Power Weapons are supposed to be easy to use, that's why they are called POWER Weapons and are fought over across the map. Before the nerf of Mega Bomb, all it was, was free kills, at least the few times I played. Acquire the medals, press up, tap grenade button, watch kill feed. Lot's of skill required in that process, especially due to the ease of getting some medals as I pointed out. I would argue that if they didn't nerf it, it would become worst than Quick Boom (at least complaint wise) due to it's blast radius.

Failing to see the risk/ reward system and meta game, I guess. You can actually miss with the Power Weapons (just like the grenade kick backs), however none of the Power Weapons have the blast radius of a Mega Bomb. I don't think timing the press of a button as a counter is a free kill but I do think that someone rushing in and dropping a Mega Bomb with no chance to counter it is a free kill, given they are in blast radius of course. 

I don't really care about my stats so a death here or there doesn't bother me. I played several hours last night and I died more to TeamKills than any grenade kickback, let alone Mega Bomb. It's actually pretty easy to get away from now, so I guess most of this is a waste of time. I just think some type of counter or drawback should be in place for balance, whether it is in the usability of it or something your opponent can do. 

As per the last sentence, this wasn't even directed at the topic of Mega Bombs, I think a decrease in medals would do just nice. It costs the most and isn't nearly as effective as other kickbacks. I don't actually use it so I have no clue if you can survive a Mega Bomb with it or not. Once again, variety is the spice of life. 

Message 54 of 165 (678 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 9, 2013
When LEADERBOARDS NEW?
Message 55 of 165 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

Okay we atleast agree on something. But bringing up the carpet bomb was silly because this isn't even worthy of being a kickback it should have been a luck based pick up grenade like it is in dodgeball, it's a waste of medals & even if it gets the Mega bomb treatment it will still get ignored.

I've played alot of UC3 since the patch & I never once saw the Mega Bomb being used by everyone I see hammers more than anything now, this whole 'Mega Bomb' would be the new QB' is ridiculous because QB will always be more effective than Mega Bomb outside of Team Objectives. I still stand by what I said you're guaranteed death now & you can't screw over someone by throwing back their KB so it's suddenly OP. Also you do realize that the RPG & Hammer are both Power Weapons & Kickbacks so your logic about them suppose to be easy to use is quite contradictory since you're bashing the Mega Bomb for being too easy to use as well. 

RPGs can be just as deadly when Stacked with ESE, The Hammer can be even deadlier stacked with ESE than the one time blast radius of the Mega Bomb, you earn medals faster when you get kills with your RPG & Hammer Kickbacks than that of the Mega Bomb, leading to some level of abuse but it's what it is, i'm just baffled why not being able to counter a specific  'offensive' KB is a problem, when this was always the case for every offensive KB except 'MB, Clusters & Creepy Crawler'.

There's no need for any counter or drawback mechanic I think it's fine the way it is each to his own on this topic.

Message 56 of 165 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I don't really agree with Power Weapons being Kickbacks even though I normaly use the T-bolt/ Shotty. They should be contested over via the map.

RPGs and Hammers should be more effective if you waste a booster slot, what sense would that make if they weren't?

Creepy Crawler can be deactived with a simple grenade, this was already pointed out in the thread.  This was espeically annoying before Patch 1.18, when it costs 17 medals. I have been right next to a Cluster going off and managed to sprint away  so this was never a problem.

Message 57 of 165 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 10, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

I don't really agree with Power Weapons being Kickbacks even though I normaly use the T-bolt/ Shotty. They should be contested over via the map.

RPGs and Hammers should be more effective if you waste a booster slot, what sense would that make if they weren't?

Creepy Crawler can be deactived with a simple grenade, this was already pointed out in the thread.  This was espeically annoying before Patch 1.18, when it costs 17 medals. I have been right next to a Cluster going off and managed to sprint away  so this was never a problem.

My point is there are other KB's that are more lethal than a simple Mega Bomb that you cannot counter, so stop fussing over Mega Bombs. 

Did you even read what was stated I obviously highlighted that Creepy Crawler was one of few offensive KB's that could & can be countered, thanks for stating the obvious again. Do I wanna even know how you managed to interpret my comment as a complaint lol.

Message 58 of 165 (610 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Nov 10, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

I'll reiterate that I'm very happy and grateful they fixed the booster stacking issue.  Thank you ND.

Although not thrilled about it, I'll live with the booster slot changes.  In my opinion, the Mega Bomb nerf is completely unnecessary and I get killed by them all the time (my strategy was always to evade because I suck at throwing 'nades back).

Can anyone confirm if the Mega Bomb nerf has in fact affected coop as well?  If so, very disappointing.

I think I read somewhere that it has. Then again, the co-op mega bomb is one of the most useless kickbacks in the game. I don't know why ND did not buff it.  Whoever uses it in co-op is either a bored pro or a complete noob.

I'm getting killed by teammates a lot more lately, mostly with mega and cluster bombs. TeamSafe in slot 1... Smiley Frustrated

Message 59 of 165 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

EvangM wrote:

Completely out of line with those comments. Deleted.

Well, could you maybe at least acknowledge the fact that there are no headshots in the co-op multiplayer? I mean it's like you're acting as though it never happened. You might as well be Capcom with Devil May Cry 2. So no, I don't think what I said was out of line. It may have been a little rude due to finally no longer putting up with the lack of addressing the only problem I've ever had with the game, but I think it was dead-on correct.

More than a few people have been upset over this ONE. SMALL. ISSUE with the co-op, and not a SINGLE member of the team on the multiplayer's development has ever once talked about it. Not ONCE. 2 years, and nothing for just one thing people have asked many times to be fixed? It's literally beyond my understanding. LITERALLY, I do NOT understand why that is. It's honestly the first, and, so far, only time I have ever been truly disappointed with Naughty Dog, who up until Uncharted 3, remained as the top developing studio that actually listens to their customers and fans. Well, you still do for the most part. Like with this stuff regarding the boosters in U3's competitive multiplayer.

All I'm asking at this point, is a simple explanation as to WHY there are no friggin' headshots in Uncharted 3's co-op... That's all. That's all I've wanted since I first noticed how no one at your company was even addressing the problem, which was back during the first year of the game's release. If you could please, PLEASE just this once...tell me what happened? I'll be done with this and move on with my pathetic existence. Because it still begs the questions: "Did they intentionally take out headshots? Or is it just a glitch they never bothered to fix? And if it was the former, then why DID they take out headshots? What was their reason?" etc.

Just... Please? I'm asking.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 60 of 165 (585 Views)