Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
6829 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 10, 2013

Savader wrote:

EvangM wrote:

Completely out of line with those comments. Deleted.

Well, could you maybe at least acknowledge the fact that there are no headshots in the co-op multiplayer? I mean it's like you're acting as though it never happened. You might as well be Capcom with Devil May Cry 2. So no, I don't think what I said was out of line. It may have been a little rude due to finally no longer putting up with the lack of addressing the only problem I've ever had with the game, but I think it was dead-on correct.

More than a few people have been upset over this ONE. SMALL. ISSUE with the co-op, and not a SINGLE member of the team on the multiplayer's development has ever once talked about it. Not ONCE. 2 years, and nothing for just one thing people have asked many times to be fixed? It's literally beyond my understanding. LITERALLY, I do NOT understand why that is. It's honestly the first, and, so far, only time I have ever been truly disappointed with Naughty Dog, who up until Uncharted 3, remained as the top developing studio that actually listens to their customers and fans. Well, you still do for the most part. Like with this stuff regarding the boosters in U3's competitive multiplayer.

All I'm asking at this point, is a simple explanation as to WHY there are no friggin' headshots in Uncharted 3's co-op... That's all. That's all I've wanted since I first noticed how no one at your company was even addressing the problem, which was back during the first year of the game's release. If you could please, PLEASE just this once...tell me what happened? I'll be done with this and move on with my pathetic existence. Because it still begs the questions: "Did they intentionally take out headshots? Or is it just a glitch they never bothered to fix? And if it was the former, then why DID they take out headshots? What was their reason?" etc.

Just... Please? I'm asking.

I would advise you to not push this matter further.. They are in all their right to withdraw from any matter they do not want to discuss

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 165 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 10, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Savader wrote:

EvangM wrote:

Completely out of line with those comments. Deleted.

Well, could you maybe at least acknowledge the fact that there are no headshots in the co-op multiplayer? I mean it's like you're acting as though it never happened. You might as well be Capcom with Devil May Cry 2. So no, I don't think what I said was out of line. It may have been a little rude due to finally no longer putting up with the lack of addressing the only problem I've ever had with the game, but I think it was dead-on correct.

More than a few people have been upset over this ONE. SMALL. ISSUE with the co-op, and not a SINGLE member of the team on the multiplayer's development has ever once talked about it. Not ONCE. 2 years, and nothing for just one thing people have asked many times to be fixed? It's literally beyond my understanding. LITERALLY, I do NOT understand why that is. It's honestly the first, and, so far, only time I have ever been truly disappointed with Naughty Dog, who up until Uncharted 3, remained as the top developing studio that actually listens to their customers and fans. Well, you still do for the most part. Like with this stuff regarding the boosters in U3's competitive multiplayer.

All I'm asking at this point, is a simple explanation as to WHY there are no friggin' headshots in Uncharted 3's co-op... That's all. That's all I've wanted since I first noticed how no one at your company was even addressing the problem, which was back during the first year of the game's release. If you could please, PLEASE just this once...tell me what happened? I'll be done with this and move on with my pathetic existence. Because it still begs the questions: "Did they intentionally take out headshots? Or is it just a glitch they never bothered to fix? And if it was the former, then why DID they take out headshots? What was their reason?" etc.

Just... Please? I'm asking.

I would advise you to not push this matter further.. They are in all their right to withdraw from any matter they do not want to discuss

I understand that, but I'm willing to risk it. This is something that utterly ruined my U3 experience, as U2 was something that lasted me YEARS because of its replayable co-op. Uncharted 3 just wasn't the same after I got the platinum for it, unlike its predecesor... So I'm willing to fight for it. Plus, there was nothing "out of line" with my last message, so there's no reason to delete it. Hopefully they'll at least give me an answer to the issue... That's all I want now.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 165 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1952 posts

Nov 10, 2013
I feel an honest answer for Savader wouldn't cause any harm. It's not like there's some deep dark secret behind why they changed the headshots in Co-op. And in all fairness, if he had made topic with "Co-op" in the title, it would have been ignored.

EvangM could have answered him in the same amount of time it took him to delete that post. Lucky he didn't pull out the ban hammer again, lol. If ND really wants nothing to do with Uncharted 3's Co-op, and can't even answer a simple question about it, then they should immediately stop charging players for Co-op ad-ons in F2P, or alternatively list on the store: "We think these modes are awful, and our stats tell us no one plays them so we'll never fix their problems, please pay money for them!". And yes, I probably sound arrogant, but Co-op was pretty badly treated.

Anyway, my theory on the Headshot issue: It's something to do with Hunter Arena and controlling an AI. Or did the Summer Beta have one-hit headshots? If so, that's not it then.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 165 (387 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

I love you so much for that. Thank you for understanding. And that's exactly why I didn't bother posting anything in the co-op section of the forums, so you nailed that as well. Everything you said makes sense, and I agree with it in turn.

As for the Co-op Hunter Arena, I already made a point of that a long time ago when I first brought this issue up. With THAT particular co-op mode, I would understand there not being headshots, as it's more about competitive teams going head-to-head, with the addition of some AI enemies and allies to mix it up a little. With that, I wasn't too beaten up over there not being headshots, because the competitive MP doesn't need them to be fun. At the very least, an option/filter to have them on would have been appreciated.

But like I was saying; I'm done with trying to get the feature back, as Naughty Dog will be focusing more on new games rather than old. I'd just like a long-awaited explanation so that I can finally rest in peace, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 165 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Wait, what do you mean no headshots in co-op?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 165 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 10, 2013

What TSD said.  I don't understand about the whole headshots in coop deal.  There's a Head Cracker medal isn't there?  Or is that what's been removed?  What else are we talking about?

As far as Mega Bomb nerf affecting coop...I don't know anyone that uses it either.  The cluster is far more effective and while the Mega Bomb might work better against brutes (I don't know for sure because I never use it), the brutes have this really annoying tendency of immediately moving away as soon as any grenade is thrown at them.  At least with a cluster thrown at their feet, it has a chance of taking out a brute and if not, there is usually "collateral" kills to be had. 

It would just annoy me that a comp nerf (which ostensibly was done to address a perceived issue in another mode) might affect the gameplay in coop.  This is why I asked for confirmation because someONE mentioned it in passing.  For me, confirmation is two or three people observing it or ND making a statement specfically about coop's Mega Bomb - if this confirmation has happened and I missed it, I apologize.

Pro Coop Tip:  Cluster with TeamSafe is a great alternative to Team Medic, drop that sucker right on top of a downed teammate and 9 times out of 10, the coast is clear to revive them, you get kills AND you can stack clusters...the best you can do with TeamSafe is equip Bargain or Overstock.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 165 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Same idea with mega bombs in co-op. I mean, it deals the same damage as the nade, just with a larger radius. It's useless. Cluster's the main man here, being able to take out the Armor-Shaq.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 165 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 10, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

What TSD said.  I don't understand about the whole headshots in coop deal.  There's a Head Cracker medal isn't there?  Or is that what's been removed?  What else are we talking about?

The Head Cracker medal is just a medal you get if you kill an enemy with the final shot having been in their head. In other words, if you shoot them in the head while their remaining health (which you can wear down through shooting any other location of their body) is almost gone, you get a Head Cracker medal. It is NOT a headshot. Shooting them in their bare head should result in an instant kill (save for the big guys, like in U2) no matter how much health they have left, just as it does in every notable shooter of today. Instead, shooting them in the head, whether they're wearing a helmet or not, results in a weird noise that sounds like you're shooting metal, as though they were...well, wearing a helmet.

Is that maybe why it was never addressed...? Because everyone thinks that the Head Cracker medal must mean there are headshots? If so, that's messed up, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 165 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9880 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Oh. Lol. That? I thought the armored guys lost their removable helmet abilities.

No, see, co-op would be extremely easy. Headshots deal more damage to the body still (eg a Dragon has a chance NOT to be a one-hit kill to the body compared to the always one-hit kill to the head). AI players are basically given the exact same health as a COMP player on forced loadouts.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 165 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13206 posts

Nov 10, 2013

There isn't much you can do. If they don't want to answer it, you wont get your answer.

Persuing an answer wont get you one.

Try asking in the official Q&A thread, it would appear you are more likely to get answers there from time to time.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 165 (309 Views)
0 Likes