Splicer
48 posts

Re: Live update to Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Boosters Edition

Nov 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Oh. Lol. That? I thought the armored guys lost their removable helmet abilities.

No, see, co-op would be extremely easy. Headshots deal more damage to the body still (eg a Dragon has a chance NOT to be a one-hit kill to the body compared to the always one-hit kill to the head). AI players are basically given the exact same health as a COMP player on forced loadouts.

I'd rather have easy than unplayable... Even if what you said were true, which it's not. The co-op can get fairly challenging as it is, and the one for U2 was more-or-less the exact same, and it had headshots. My original beef with the whole thing was simply because if I have the skill to pull off the headshot, I should be allowed the reward of an instant kill; that's just the way it's supposed to work. It simply isn't fun shooting toy soldiers, which is exactly what it feels like; as if it doesn't matter what form of attack I use. It isn't fast paced and exciting like the last game was, and sorry to say, but that bugs the hell out of me. It's beyond annoying emptying clip after clip into an armored shotgunner's face and still not see him drop. If I wanted that, I'd go play Halo. Then again, Halo has headshots Smiley Surprised

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 71 of 165 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Wrong. UC3 AI isn't as smart as UC2 AI. What UC3 AI has is health because their AI is really, really stupid.

I'd rather have this than "Very Easy" setting. It's not unplayable. You exaggerate. It's just not as super easy as UC2.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 72 of 165 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Also I want to know which is not true aboutmy statements. Is it the last one? Yeah, maybe it's far-fetched to compare AI to players.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 73 of 165 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I was referring to your statement that U3 would be too easy with headshots, and you're still incorrect according to what I've personally experienced with the game. U3's AI isn't "stupid", far from it. They encroach on you at just about every chance they get; a lot more than they did in U2. In the previous game, the AI worked more along the lines of military tactics, likely since the enemies were all part of a mercenary-type group, making it more believable. Uncharted 1 was more careless and unpredictable because they were pirates, while Uncharted 3 was somewhere in-between. While they aren't technically as smart as Uncharted 2's AI, they aren't "really, really stupid"; just a different kind of AI due to the change in enemy tactics. Either way, how can you not enjoy headshots? I mean, there's nothing more exciting than managing to pull it off when you actually want to. The fact that you did it and got rid of the enemy that was in your way much quicker makes it more fun to me. And I'm willing to bet that the majority of players would say the same when it comes to headshots in general.

Only reason why no one really cares about this particular issue is because the main attraction to the game's multiplayer is in its competitive game modes rather than its co-op. If this same thing happened to Gears of War, Call of Duty, or Killzone, there'd be an uproar. And that sucks, if you ask me.

Message 74 of 165 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Savader wrote:

I was referring to your statement that U3 would be too easy with headshots, and you're still incorrect according to what I've personally experienced with the game. U3's AI isn't "stupid", far from it. They encroach on you at just about every chance they get; a lot more than they did in U2. In the previous game, the AI worked more along the lines of military tactics, likely since the enemies were all part of a mercenary-type group, making it more believable. Uncharted 1 was more careless and unpredictable because they were pirates, while Uncharted 3 was somewhere in-between. While they aren't technically as smart as Uncharted 2's AI, they aren't "really, really stupid"; just a different kind of AI due to the change in enemy tactics. Either way, how can you not enjoy headshots? I mean, there's nothing more exciting than managing to pull it off when you actually want to. The fact that you did it and got rid of the enemy that was in your way much quicker makes it more fun to me. And I'm willing to bet that the majority of players would say the same when it comes to headshots in general.

Only reason why no one really cares about this particular issue is because the main attraction to the game's multiplayer is in its competitive game modes rather than its co-op. If this same thing happened to Gears of War, Call of Duty, or Killzone, there'd be an uproar. And that sucks, if you ask me.

It's not that. I like instakill headshots, but considering blindfire, there would be a LOT of accidental headshots that really shouldn't count as a headshot. I mean, I like my teammates, I want them to help, but hell no they get more headshots even though I'm the one aiming.

So yeah. No instakill headshots for this game. But you're right, ND doesn't support co-op. You can ask anyone.

Message 75 of 165 (691 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

Okay..comparing to UC2 coop.  What weapon are you using?  I'm going from memory here but a Gau-19 brute, for instance, is NOT a one shot head kill (even with a Dragunov).  It's been a while since I played UC2 but I think it takes a least 2 or 3 shots (from a regular weapon) for the armoured dudes as well.  I admit it's easier to kill enemies with headshots in UC2 but I agree with TSD, if they gave us one hit kill headshots in UC3 (or even just easier kills), it'd be a cakewalk.  If you have trouble with the armored dudes, shoot them in the legs...works for the brutes too.  For me, it's all about ammo conservation...once I get the helmet off an enemy that can be meleed, I don't waste any more ammo on them.  If I have good cover and ammo is fairly plentiful....I pour shots into their legs.  The only problematic ones are the armored chokers but that's what teammates are for....long live coop! Smiley Happy

I'd really resist making too many comparisons though.  To me, the slower movement in UC2 is compensated for by the greater ability to actually down foes.  When I return to UC2, I find it absurd how easy it is to take out a brute compared to UC3 but I wouldn't want it changed...NO WAY.  In UC3, the faster movement gives me a huge evasion option and while Arena Crushing is not easy by any stretch of the imagination, my friends and I are constantly coming up with variations to make it more challenging.  The last thing I want is to make the coop enemies easier to kill (with the exception of Shade Survival...now that's a frustrating experience and while I pretty much loathe that mode, some people might like it so I'd never ask for ND to change it).

Message 76 of 165 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree. But you bring up some interesting points, and they haven't gone unnoticed.

And as for you, CaptainProduce (awesome name, actually); that's precisely why I said "make headshots an option". This was my only request back when I was begging for them to do something about it. It would be so simple to just have that option. Obviously different people have different opinions, and I hate discrimination, so going with an option for either or would have been wicked. I wouldn't want to ruin other player's personal experience with the game, such as yours, simply because I wanted something a different way. That ain't right. But either way, there ARE no headshots; there IS no option, and apparently, Naughty Dog still won't address it. I swear though, if the same guy is leading the multiplayer development of the next Uncharted game (if there's even going to be another Uncharted...), I'm going to shoot myself. I just hope that the shot to the head at least manages to kill ME...

Okay, terrible joke, I know, but you get my point Smiley Tongue

Message 77 of 165 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 10, 2013

@Savader...

Fair enough...agree to disagree.  Btw, thanks for the compliment about my PSN ID as well as considering our perspective.

There seems to have been some judicious editing of posts but it seems clear that what you really wanted want some kind of reply on why no headshots.  Sorry if we got defensive but after two years of nerf/buff calls (and the same thing happening in TLOU), I'm getting kinda jittery. Smiley Happy

On the multiplayer development issue, I'd personally like to see more attention paid to coop.  After two games, people still want to compare UC to FPSs and I don't think that's fair.  I wish ND would wise up and realize that maybe, just maybe they're never going to rival COD (and others) in that space.  Why not hit an online coop implementation out of the park, define that space, create/expand the segment and OWN it?  This is my wish.

It all depends on there being a new Uncharted though and if they don't announce next month, I think it might be time to abandon hope.

Message 78 of 165 (659 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Of course. I try to be as fair as I can when a debate arises. But you're welcome either way Smiley Happy

Yeah, I just want an answer now. UC3 is more-or-less in the past for me, but there will always be this one regret... More than headshots in the co-op, however, I just want the original team that worked on UC2 back for the next one (again, if there's going to be), since the reason why UC3's singleplayer wasn't as good for most people who played it being because most of the developers on that project were working on TLoU, which makes so much sense, considering how phenomenal that game is. Please change NOTHING on that multiplayer... Unless you're going to bring in co-op, which would be lovely.

And personally, I wouldn't go as far as to say that ND is trying to outdo CoD any more than every other company that wishes they had those sales. *cough*SQUARE ENIX*cough* Anyway, UC2 was in a class all on its own, but again; different team. But kudos to more co-op, granted that it's given the attention it deserves.

Whatever it is ND is going to be announcing next month, it's sure to be amazing either way... Can't wait!

Message 79 of 165 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Agree to disagree? I honestly don't know that saying but I respect your opinion and an option sounds fun.

I'm thinking that if headshots are an option, AI can also pull off insta-down headshots. Now THAT is a challenge.
Message 80 of 165 (642 Views)
0 Likes