Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Re: BEST COOP RECORDS

Nov 30, 2012
uhm no. on message. we met each other on random searching. and i dont really speak with a mic with english people, because im french and i speak horribly :smileytongue:

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 31 of 63 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I find it hard to believe. He is in Japan, he is very polite, and also does not use a mic. I am not going to carry on about this . Back to the topic

Message 32 of 63 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Nov 30, 2012
yea good idea :smileywink:

Message 33 of 63 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Nov 30, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

wx327 wrote:

200+ kills in a match is not something to be proud of.  It is a warning sign to me if I see a player's stats pre-match yield greater than a 200 NPC kill per co-op complete ratio.  It signals to me that they are either:

a) not very efficient with their weapon use and not working well as a team to avoid round restarts, and/or

b) have a style of play that can lead to lower-than-desired match completion percentage.

Efficient crushing matches will have kill totals for the whole team combined of under 200, with that number varying on how many rounds are Gold Rush.

When playing with randoms, I view 200+ NPC kills per complete as potentially dangerous, and those in the 160-200 range to be cause for a little concern.  If the whole team has ratios lower than 160, I feel a lot more confident about completing a crushing match with very few, if at all, team deaths and restarted rounds.

there is an error in your analysis you forgot to incorporate hunter into it... co-op hunter arena has NPCs as enemies, therefore your NPC kill count will increase without having a loss or a victory at the end of a match (hunter doesn't count wins or losses since there is no difficulty), so there is no way of knowing wheather someone has spent a lot of time playing hunter (grinding those mother **bleep** treasures!!!) or has just lost a lot

True that some stats can be skewed by how much hunter someone might have played, but for the typical arena player you find in matchmaking, the percentage of NPCs coming from hunter vs other modes is pretty small.  Also NPCs would be skewed downwards the more someone played Adventure as there are far less total enemies than an arena game.

But just as a way of trying to predict what kind of player you are matching up with, I find the 160/200 cutoffs quite indicative of their play style.  200+ and they almost always race for the hammer/MAG every time it spawns, most likely uses cluster bomb for kickback and doesn't care for equitable distribution of 3-medal chests, rarely carry the idol or protect the idol carrier, and if they get their hands on a PAK, they empty it out as quickly as possible and kill a total of 4-5 enemies with it.

I really don't care how many crushing completes someone has.  I'm more interested in what percentage of crushing games they start that they finish successfully.  You can always grind to get high numbers of completes, but you are probably more of a teammate people want to play with if your play style lends itself to a high completion percentage.

Message 34 of 63 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2014

A friend told me about this thread on PSN. I just had to come check it out. But, I don't think this is the direction bunshing wanted the thread to turn. bunshing just wants us all to share time records, for better or near. That's all.

I see wx327 is here too. We played together at least once ages ago. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about you from other crushing players. MANY other crushing players, I should say. That's how you build and earn a real reputation as a crushing co-op player.

@canadian94: Right. Treasure farming and Hunter Arena kilIs are factored in but I don't think crushing players enjoy playing Hunter Arena all that much. So I think it's safe to use wx327's formula. By now, their NPC kills should have caught up or surpassed their match victory count as the average kill per player I think is 70 per match assuming it was mission completed. 70 with the light machine gun. I use a different formula and it could be similar.

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Interesting, but not my cup of tea.  My view of Arena and Advernture are simple.  Play on crushing, try to get it done, have fun while playing with friends, help other people with Co-Op goals/trophies, and wait to see if TLOU has Co-Op. 

I've never been big on time trail stuff with Crushing.  Without a 12 Parsecs Medal, there's ZERO incentive.

I remember you. Played with you as well before. It is interesting, isn't it? Yeah, anything time constrained isn't my cup of tea either. My only incentive was to get mission completed. I agree with your "simple" view. I especially agree with the "help other people with co-op goals" part. I watched what bunshing was doing the first couple of matches we played that day. I realized what bunshing was trying to do. So I said why the hell not. I followed suit and did my best to help. I'm proud to take part in bunshing's achievement, but I'm much prouder to be bunshing's partner and friend. 

And lastly,

HerzogZwei wrote:

"Sackboy,  It' is called Beasting, and it is not reqired to do at all times."

"If you do a custom coop crushing with 2 players, it is possible to get 100,000 more often. I play with ABlackburn a lot, and he gets 200 plus kills often ! But, him and Englishay are the Coop Crushing professionals, not everone can do it so consistently."

"This is titled the best COOP RECORDS. The true Champion of COOP is not the way it is portrayed on the leaderboard.  The true Champions should be rated as so:  Points accumulated,  Time spent, and Crushings Completed.  It is difficult to determine, since the Crushing info is not public knowledge to all...."

I honestly had no idea dying multiple times with 200+ kills still qualified as beasting.

I had the pleasure of playing with blackburn a month ago. I remember his game & style. I know you play with him. I've been oberserving his performance through his recent matches on the naughtydog users stats tracker quicksearch ever since.

The definition of a "true Champion of COOP" is a matter of opinion. It could mean someone who completed their first and only co-op experience on Airport Adventure on crushing with randoms. Or it could mean a player who never leaves their partner's side, shooting hostile enemy targets behind them while they take out the ones behind you. Leaderboards. Why do I hate that word? Personally, I don't care about the leaderboards. Naughty Dog can put out whatever leaderboards they want. I could care less if they put out a leaderboard for the most Crushing Adventures on Borneo accomplished, the most treasures collected, the most Purple Heart medals obtained, the most deathless crushings completed, the most failed crushing matches, or the most average deaths per match in co-op. There's even a leaderboard for the ranking of selfish players. All these leaderboards aren't displayed, but they do exist. I can see most of them. Very vividly, I might add. I'm sure wx327 can see them too.

Most importantly, even though it's all just a game, the way we play and what we do in co-op with each other is a reflection of our personal nature. Not all the time, but often. Would we stop to help someone injured on the side of the road if it meant not being able to cash in your lottery winnings within your 10 minute deadline? My career in crushing co-op arena has been like a social experiment for me. I realized I just wasted 30 minutes.

Message 35 of 63 (269 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Hi TsubameReturn,

Not sure if I ever played a full match with you, but I do remember you matched up with me and one of my friends a few months ago at Plaza and I think you glitched out near the middle of the first round as there was an unexploded grenade just beeping away near where I last saw your character before it said you left the match.  It's too bad we didn't get to finish the match with you, especially as your late-join replacement ended up being... let's say an extra challenge over just finishing it with two players :smileywink:

Later that week, one of my friends said that one of their PSN friends mentioned you said you ran into me but your PS3 froze up.  U3 can be a small world sometimes...

I do have mental lists/leaderboards of randoms I've played with and sadly too many players fall into the "even if we complete this match, I'd prefer never to have them as a 'teammate' again".  I keep my PSN list very short, and aside from friends in real life, I've only added a handful of randoms who I thought were outstanding co-op players.  "Outstanding" will always be subject to one's beliefs, but for me it's a player who really is team/co-op focused, plays intelligently, doesn't take unnecessary risks that jeopardizes the team's odds of success, and is someone you'd watch their back for, as you know they always have yours.  Too often I run into players who seem to want to prove themselves by being overly aggressive to have the most cash/kills, but inevitably I find their play style hits a wall in the later rounds when it is revealed they don't know how to play intelligently against the more difficult enemies and don't know how to efficiently use weapons.  I see them take out a brute using a PAK and what sounds like 60+ bullets fired and i just shake my head.

Back on topic, it's nice to see people finishing crushing matches in a short amount of time, though you can never truly compare one person/team's fastest time on a map vs another because of the round type randomization.  But kudos to those that work very well as a team and make crushing seem, well, easy...

Message 36 of 63 (257 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Very nice times, I left Co-op a while back but still kind of hoped someone would bring up speed-runs, i personally find them more or an achievement than how many Crushing's x player has completed.

And here i thought my old Village run was something, very solid time indeed, Hats off to you and your team :smileyhappy:

I dunno if you guys are looking to improve, but i can tell you Facility can go a few minutes lower... possibly low 12's/High 11 with masterful teamwork imo. Of course, very GR dependant with good spawns.

TT

A pretty old pic from back in the 'glory days' when i Co-op'd like crazy. Note: I remember Rudeboi-wass being a very unhelpful random :smileytongue:

But sadly, as wx said... 'luck' plays a pretty big role with speedruns due to allocated round objectives, GR Idol placements and even Siege location in some cases. Leaves out any possibility for a fair 'speedrun leaderboard'.

Message 37 of 63 (243 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I remember a matchup of us even further back. It was in Village. Very long time ago. Back when I was like probably only 100-200 crushings. Plaza a few months ago? I do remember that matchup. I apologize for that. I think I also took the hammer with me:smileysad:. You deserve much better. You partied with REDquan at the time, I believe. I left because my friend, Tahl, invited me. It really was a tough decision and I did hesistate to back out because I really wanted this opportunity to work with you and REDquan, to see what you guys play like now firsthand instead of hearing. But to ignore a friend like Tahl... **bleep**. It's still a hard choice. I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath when I had hit "Leave Game". I was really confident you were going to win it with no matter who.

wx327 wrote:

I do have mental lists/leaderboards of randoms I've played with and sadly too many players fall into the "even if we complete this match, I'd prefer never to have them as a 'teammate' again".  I keep my PSN list very short, and aside from friends in real life, I've only added a handful of randoms who I thought were outstanding co-op players.  "Outstanding" will always be subject to one's beliefs, but for me it's a player who really is team/co-op focused, plays intelligently, doesn't take unnecessary risks that jeopardizes the team's odds of success, and is someone you'd watch their back for, as you know they always have yours.  Too often I run into players who seem to want to prove themselves by being overly aggressive to have the most cash/kills, but inevitably I find their play style hits a wall in the later rounds when it is revealed they don't know how to play intelligently against the more difficult enemies and don't know how to efficiently use weapons.  I see them take out a brute using a PAK and what sounds like 60+ bullets fired and i just shake my head.

This is very well said. I couldn't agree more with your beliefs on the term "outstanding" because I share those same beliefs. It's like a code among us. 60 rounds to eliminate a brute is excessive. And it does make me cringe too. But all we can really do there is make sure they eliminate that brute and stay alive.

I'm curious about that random who replaced me. I think I know what you mean. What I tend to do with those type of randoms is say to myself, "if they're not going to follow me, then I gotta follow them." Kill the bosses immediately so they never harm that random. For gold rush, I pray. It takes longer to complete that round. Save them, run back move the idol a few meters. Save them again. Then after the match is completed, back out the matchmaking and hope to never see them again until they're better players. The other day a level 8 no Legacy played with me and daisymay. It was his first co-op victory and it was on crushing. IIRC, each player had 0 deaths, Lost City. Oh, but a ton of revives. It was an amazing experience. That's a beautiful record. 0-0-0-1. Observing his game, he's definitely new. Just mature with common sense. He backed out after. I got the impression that his or her personal accomplishment there was to much to take in at the moment and he or she felt like they didn't deserve to be apart of matchmade team which we were okay with. I'd like to share more stores like this with you some other time. I weighed in inappropriately again.

Message 38 of 63 (241 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Dec 1, 2012
and remember tsu? at plaza we did 17 min with a noob with his first crunshing xD

Message 39 of 63 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

Haha, yeah. I remember. The late-join random probably didn't even know what he has just accomplished. I wanted more cash too. But we had to sacrifice it all to save him a buttload of times. But I got a friend request instead. I guess that's more valuable than cash. I now know how Nathan Drake feels at the end of every Uncharted installment. Fortune or Drake's relationship to Sully. Fortune or let the curse be released. More cash or a friend request. Friend requests can imply many other things too. I edit because I'm a grammar and punctuation Nazi.

Message 40 of 63 (232 Views)