Aug 22 2012
By: iceyfire54312 Fender Bender 4073 posts
Accepted Solution

London Underground fixes, wall it up (50+ kudos keep up the support)

[ Edited ]
93 replies 1563 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

So I did some tests to see some things about London Underground today. Out of about 12 matches I saw it 5 times. These were the votes: 

LU vs Brass city 7:2 

LU vs Air Strip 7:1

LU vs Desert city 5:2 

LU vs Brass city 6:4

Lu vs Highrise 8:1 

While I do believe the map system needs fixing, the players are also a issue and are causing endless matches of London Underground. Why do people pick this map? Why to camp of course and it's all because of one poor map design by ND. Here's my idea to fix it. 

What we have right now: 

old hole.jpg

What would end the camping: 

new hole.jpg

As you can see, by my very poorly drawn pictures. What we currently have is a very large space were people can camp and hold down easily because there is only 2 ways in(one way in if you all the way in the back). This can make it very hard and sometimes impossible to remove a team from this room, grenades really begin your own option. 

Putting the wall there would end all camping in that area. 

9-9-12

answer from Fakehound's question during Naughty Paws 

Afterwards we talked about London Underground and the meddlesome tunnel dead end, after quite a bit of talking he said he would look into trying to replace the gate to next to the chest or possibly placing boxes there, however this isn't something they can do in a live update since it requires testing and they would have to redownload the map into the multiplayer. So if it does happen, it will be in a patch.

were getting closer 

11-2 

A lot of people have suggted that a random event that runs through the tunnel killing everyone. While this would reduce camping it would not work. For the following reasons. 

1. I could be running through there and just randomly get killed because of this event(much like the wooden structure on Airstrip. 

2. People could just crawl back in there after the event 

3. It would require to much time and work on ND's end 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 94 (1,563 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: London Underground fixes and talk

Aug 22, 2012

Removing the treasure chest up there would also deter camping. 

Sadly, I think the most ND will do is change the map rotation so it doesn't show up as often. :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 94 (1,555 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1780 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Seems like a good solution, but I doubt they will edit the map that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 94 (1,553 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

I believe I recommended the same thing back when Cog was posting in that one "most hated map thread" but another fun option is just shove the train up that whole tunnel! >:-D

Seriously though it should be an easy fix. They added the pile of cars to Plaza in a snap, so I think moving the gate from where it is in the curve, to right where the climbing opening is would be fairly quick for them.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 94 (1,546 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 22, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I believe I recommended the same thing back when Cog was posting in that one "most hated map thread" but another fun option is just shove the train up that whole tunnel! >:-D

I would pay good money to have another version of LU where the trains went randomly off-track.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 94 (1,536 Views)
Fender Bender
4073 posts

Aug 22, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Seriously though it should be an easy fix. They added the pile of cars to Plaza in a snap, so I think moving the gate from where it is in the curve, to right where the climbing opening is would be fairly quick for them.

when? 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 94 (1,517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4073 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I would pay good money to have another version of LU where the trains went randomly off-track.

I remember I always wanted the helicopter to crash in Yemen 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 94 (1,516 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1780 posts

Aug 22, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

when? 

People were glitching through the walls so they fixed it by adding a pile of cars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 94 (1,513 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Aug 22, 2012

My Mega Bomb would like to have a word with the campers in the cave.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 94 (1,484 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4641 posts

Aug 22, 2012
I would absolutely LOVE if ND did this, I imagine they could if this thread got enough support.
 photo wwwkz.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 94 (1,472 Views)