Fender Bender
4134 posts

Re: London Underground fixes and talk

Aug 22, 2012

holicow wrote:

My Mega Bomb would like to have a word with the campers in the cave.

You shouldn't need a kick back to kill 3 campers. 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 11 of 94 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 22, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Seriously though it should be an easy fix. They added the pile of cars to Plaza in a snap

when? 

Some hours after FBMP 2 was released.

Message 12 of 94 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Great idea!!! People do love to camp over there! I don't like it, unless I'm the Marked Man, other than that it makes me agitated because I like to move around the map!  Smiley Happy

We can always try to get them out by throwing grenades but they still come back there! Go figure...

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 13 of 94 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

Cog said that this curve was intended to be a spawn point , and are aware that this spot is annoying.

link:http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-map-you-hate-with-every-fib...

Message 14 of 94 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I always thought they should make an access point behind it through the wall from the long corridor below it. It'd still be a spawn point and people won't be able to camp it effectively.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 94 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Mega Bomb is not actually necessary but I like to use it when faced with LU campers. I'm always really glad to face ppl who keep going into that cave b/c in general campers are giving you map control for free. So you're supposed to go around and grab all the resources to use them against the campers:

1. Go around the map grabbing grenades and throw bank'n'booms into the cave - they are pretty deadly if you throw them properly.
  2. Grab all the power weapons. 
  3. Grab all the treasure chest spawns and use a kickback against them. (Unfortunately they do have that one treasure chest there, it would be more balanced if that chest was moved elsewhere). Before I hit the legacy button I had a Bargain + Mega Bomb loadout just for these camping situations. If I kill three guys with Mega Bomb, I usually get enough medals for another Mega Bomb. So please...stack more people in the camper cave. I will throw Mega Bombs at them all day.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 16 of 94 (529 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Aug 22, 2012
An easy solution is to change power weapon and team spawns.... let them out at the opposite end of each tunnel and change the Tbolt and sas spawns the rpg is ok but it would deter some campers.. as well as moving the chest as others have suggested. But I think thespawns would be better if they were in each opposite tunnel it would make people move differently as the fastest way forward across the gap would also be the most dangerous
Message 17 of 94 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Aug 22, 2012

They could also add a hammer to the map...pretty sure a hammer can clear out that cave safely and effectively by shooting into the opening from the lit hallway.

----------
Message 18 of 94 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7072 posts

Aug 22, 2012

holicow wrote:

They could also add a hammer to the map...pretty sure a hammer can clear out that cave safely and effectively by shooting into the opening from the lit hallway.

The problem with that camp spot is that the people camping it can pretty easily camp the areas people would use to flank it. Cog actually stated that the staircase was supposed to help flank it and that's why they put all those grenades their but it's so long and you can barely see the enemy while your whole body is exposed. Then for the hole it's very easy to just bounce grenades off the opening and kill people planning to come inside, and because they dominate the staircase that has multiple grenades spawns getting more grenades is a synch.

Message 19 of 94 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I don't usually do this, but if you're going to assault it via the staircase, you should have a Dragon or ideally a TBolt user supporting you at the bottom.

I prefer to attack it from the lit hallway. If they have people camping the end of lit hallway below the opening by the treasure chest, there are so many ways to attack it. You can attack them from the platform entrance. You can have a TBolt shooting at them (you know where people like to camp with the TBolt lol). You can flank them from the hole below them. You can even throw grenades from the hole all the way into the cave if you don't want to climb up.

In any case, you really don't have to assault up the stairs if it puts you at a disadvantage.

----------
Message 20 of 94 (496 Views)
0 Likes