Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: London Underground fixes and talk

Aug 22, 2012

holicow wrote:

I don't usually do this, but if you're going to assault it via the staircase, you should have a Dragon or ideally a TBolt user supporting you at the bottom.

I prefer to attack it from the lit hallway. If they have people camping the end of lit hallway below the opening by the treasure chest, there are so many ways to attack it. You can attack them from the platform entrance. You can have a TBolt shooting at them (you know where people like to camp with the TBolt lol). You can flank them from the hole below them. You can even throw grenades from the hole all the way into the cave if you don't want to climb up.

In any case, you really don't have to assault up the stairs if it puts you at a disadvantage.

I usually don't go up those stairs. Often I'll just ignore that corner of the map because I despise it so much. A tip though for people unfortunate enough to spawn at the bottom of the stairs, throw your grenade up the left side so it will hit the lights on the ceiling and ideally drop down in the middle of the hall rather than at the end where they know not to stand.

Message 21 of 94 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

holicow wrote:

My Mega Bomb would like to have a word with the campers in the cave.

I tried that but then it got thrown back

Message 22 of 94 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Camping is definetley not what this game needs to be.  It is a fun exploration-based multiplayer and this corner in LU destroys that theme.  I end up playing this map around half the time and it is just appaling that people are able to bunker down in that hole.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 23 of 94 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Power weapon distribution on this map is also terrible.

Tbolt+RPG+Mag =/= SAS

Message 24 of 94 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Aug 23, 2012

far-zan wrote:

Power weapon distribution on this map is also terrible.

Tbolt+RPG+Mag =/= SAS

But you get a lovely turret with a hole where your head goes that can be 1 hit headshotted by a MAG or Tbolt, and a blast shield that doesn't protect from RPGs.

Oh wait....!

Message 25 of 94 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 23, 2012
They should just add NPC players that spawn behind the gate and kill you Smiley Happy

Like they had in London underground, and under the museum in uncharted 2 Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 26 of 94 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
577 posts

Aug 23, 2012
You should e-name the thread title to London corridor Smiley Tongue

Jokes asides, what i think would make this map better is better power weapon locations.

The villians always have access to more of them in normal TDM and in other modes too.

If there was like a sawn-off shotgun in the opposite side of the main hallway where everyone goes to , it might make other areas of the map more active.

Power weapon domination is really important especially at the start of each match.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 27 of 94 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Aug 23, 2012

In terms of map design flaws, that camping spot is the least of my worries. The true flaw lies within the placement of the power weapons. I'm convinced that ND had no idea what the true purpose of power weapons are. I have no clue what made them think that giving each team certain power weapons was smart. They're supposed to promote movement on the map, and see who controls them better. They're not there to see who wins between a guy with an RPG, and a guy with an SAS.

I can't help but laugh when I see multiple enemies campin that famous spot. I hardly find it effective. Oh well, easy grenade kills for me.

Message 28 of 94 (374 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Aug 23, 2012
It's easy to kill campers there by bouncing grenades of celling. Using megabomg - guaranted 3-4 frags.
Message 29 of 94 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Aug 23, 2012
No pls not! LU ruleZ! LU is fine! Dont do anything crazy, ND
Message 30 of 94 (356 Views)
0 Likes