Wastelander
832 posts

Re: London Underground fixes, wall it up (35+ kudos keep up the support)

Aug 25, 2012

Did I miss something here?

They're thinking about cutting off a certain point in L.U where people camp?

I heard they put a big wall or something where people camped in the mesh map or something like that.. 

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 51 of 94 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Aug 25, 2012
what if we see (on the other side of the gate) Drake arming a bomb while Sully and Charlie shoot. Then, after a while, they leave and the bomb goes off. Thus killing anyone near it and creates a hole that has spiked rocks that kill you if you fall in later.
Message 52 of 94 (344 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: London Underground fixes, wall it up (25+ kudos keep up the support)

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

The tunnel-camping has never bothered me because I typically climb up to the ledge briefly to see where the enemies are so I can drop down then bank a grenade off the ceiling right on top of them. Nowhere near as annoying as the camping on the mesh map.

BUT... now that ND is actually taking action against camping areas, might as well get it over with. London IS annoying to play when everyone goes up in that tunnel (or the light hallway right outside of it). London's an overall awful map, but deterring this beloved spot for campers would sure make it a little less boring to play.

This thread has my support.

Message 53 of 94 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Aug 25, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

The tunnel-camping has never bothered me because I typically climb up to the ledge briefly to see where the enemies are so I can drop down then bank a grenade off the ceiling right on top of them. Nowhere near as annoying as the camping on the mesh map.

BUT... now that ND is actually taking action against camping areas, might as well get it over with. London IS annoying to play when everyone goes up in that tunnel (or the light hallway right outside of it). London's an overall awful map, but deterring this beloved spot for campers would sure make it a little less boring to play.

Yeah, or I will pull out my T-Bolt and see if any of them pop out.

Still, a dynamic event causing the whole area where everyone loves to go camp would be amazing. Then all the people who loved London Underground because of that spot in the very back room with the stairs would be mad most likely. Smiley Very Happy

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 54 of 94 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 25, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

It's pretty annoying in TO, particularly in Treasure Hunter. There's whole teams who just camp with the idol, and there's very little, if anything, people can do to stop it. Smiley Sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 55 of 94 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Re: London Underground fixes and talk

Aug 25, 2012

I think they should add a hole/tunnel to get to the area from the other side.LU.png

Red Parts are climbable areas.

Blue part is proposed tunnel. It would have to be raised so you would climb into it but it would be level with campers cove.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1693042767.png
So....I lag?
Message 56 of 94 (318 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Stego111 wrote:

I think they should add a hole/tunnel to get to the area from the other side.LU.png

Blue part is proposed tunnel. It would have to be raised so you would climb into it but it would be level with campers cove.

not a bad idea , but then they have to go design a new tunnel, a wall would be a fast and easy fix 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 57 of 94 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 26, 2012
They pick it because it's good compared to the other default maps. You must be playing with DLC off too. Highrise in Uncharted 3 and city of brass suck. For me, players vote airstrip and desert village fine with DLC off.

Message 58 of 94 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 26, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
They pick it because it's good compared to the other default maps. You must be playing with DLC off too. Highrise in Uncharted 3 and city of brass suck. For me, players vote airstrip and desert village fine with DLC off.

City of Brass is a symmetrical map, which was one of the qualities people loved about UC2's maps. Highrise deserves to be played once in a while- it's way better than Syria. 

Just because people vote for a map doesn't mean it's perfect. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 59 of 94 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Stego111 wrote:

I like this idea a lot better than a wall. It adds to the level rather than taking away from it.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 60 of 94 (282 Views)