Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 27, 2013

The M9 is the jack of all trades but the master of none, it does exceptionally good at all ranges, while not being the best at any range. The other weapons are great and all, but they need to be in the right hands to stand a chance, the thing is that the current playerbase is ridiculously cheap and just wants an easy way out, so they opt for the most effective boosters and easiest guns to use.

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 31 of 34 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 27, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

It all depends on your play style. I'm mostly a lone wolf player so I know I can never depend on the randoms placed on my team the majority of the time, so clip size and call out are really helpful. Clip size allows me to take down more than two people without having to reload and the added reload speed on Elena's is just the icing on the cake. Call out is a gamble. I love it when people pay attention to my call outs since it helps them locate enemies in nearby areas or where I'm getting attacked...and it's also useful when other people on my team calls the enemy out. However, as I've noted before...most randoms don't seem to grasp the idea of it, which negates the use of that mod.

I can only relate to your example of trying not to waste bullets for my Dragon Sniper loadout. I use Sully's over Draza's for that very same reason you listed. I make every sniper bullet count. I've noticed that the people who use Draza's usually just spam their shots. 

And I can hear all the guns at any distance in this game and know their location all of the time and can also determine where everyone is by looking at the bullet trails like you said, unless you use Untraceable. It's not just exclusive to the FAL or GMAL. As for Cloaked, yeah. It does negate the effect of Call Out and it would suck if the gun you use just had that mod, but thankfully all the call out treasure guns have other mods that are useful so if it negates one, it doesn't negate the rest. 

And of course there are better kickbacks than Militia Man. That's a given. I just mentioned it's becoming one of my primary ones because it's useful for my playstyle. I'm very agressive and I'm always in scenarios where it's 2 vs. 1 so not having to reload is extremely beneficial for flanking people. I don't even want to begin to tell you what happens when I activate it once I have a power weapon. Smiley Wink 

Can I add you on PSN? You have an opinion which is kinda similar to mine and I love that Smiley Very Happy

Bang Bang!

Message 32 of 34 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jul 27, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:

The M9 is the jack of all trades but the master of none, it does exceptionally good at all ranges, while not being the best at any range. The other weapons are great and all, but they need to be in the right hands to stand a chance, the thing is that the current playerbase is ridiculously cheap and just wants an easy way out, so they opt for the most effective boosters and easiest guns to use.

While you're right that it's not the absolute best at a particular range, you shoulda seen the forums around the time the FAL got nerfed. People tested the time to kill speeds of the guns, and though the AK would be considered the go-to for close range, the M9 seemed to barely beat it out. Granted, these perfect TTKs would only be achievable in the best cirumstances and/or great skill, but man...I'd call the M9 more than a jack (but dunno what lol).

FAL is still glorious. Wish there were more of them in Classic Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 34 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
832 posts

Jul 27, 2013

M9 - I only use it sometimes but then again I mostly just use Flynn's M9 if I go with that.  It's not my favorite weapon.

AK - I can use this to a great extent, I love throwing on Accuracy and extra clip. Smiley Happy 

G-MAL - My favorite is Roman's, I laughed so much when I got blindfire kills from my G-MAL. Smiley Very Happy

Dragon - By far my favorite weapon out of the entire game, I have became a great sniper at this game imo. Smiley Tongue Will pair the T-bolt with this one since its my main loadout.

KAL - I can actually aim the thing with RoF and still get kills with it, I'll blindfire here and there but the thing is great when you try to aim it, well if you control it right haha!

FAL - Love this thing with Accuracy and Clip size again, maybe max ammo at times. Or reload speed.. I am pretty good at it and plan on using it more whenever I hop back on UC3.

As for sidearms, mostly Para 9's and Talbot's Micro or a Micro with RoF/Clip size.

I'm an all around player but was just throwing out my suggestions on said weapons I mainly use. Raffica is pretty good too and the TAU isn't so bad.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 34 of 34 (298 Views)
0 Likes