Gaming Beast
1721 posts

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013
M9 is the best and easiest gun in the game to use, but if you want to use something else, do it. There's no competitive side to Uncharted 3 anymore, (not that there ever truly was, but it used to be better), so find which gun you have the most fun with, then stick with it, the more you use it, the better you'll be with it.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 34 (261 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 22, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
M9 is the easiest gun to use. It works at all ranges and even has a Rate of Mod available if you enjoy being a scrub. It has a high blind fire accuracy. Overall, it is pretty effortless to use and gets the job done fast.

That being said, it's not the best gun IMO. A great G-MAL user will beat an M9 user from mid-long range. Same with with a Dragon user. Some people also prefer the AK over it and can beat the average M9 user. Just depends on your skill with each gun. The FAL on the other hand, can be a good gun. But people who master this one seem few and far between these days.

Hey Silver, we got a shoutout :smileyvery-happy:

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 34 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 22, 2013

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

I've only been playing U3 multiplayer for a week and I've noticed that everyone and their grandmother uses the M9, is there any other guns worth using with upgrades? I've tested all of them out but it seems the M9 is most overpowered

Blame the idiots (you know who you are) who wanted the G-MAL nerfed to death. :smileyindifferent:

So much for having "weapon variety" and "balance"... :smileyfrustrated:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 34 (241 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 22, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

I've only been playing U3 multiplayer for a week and I've noticed that everyone and their grandmother uses the M9, is there any other guns worth using with upgrades? I've tested all of them out but it seems the M9 is most overpowered

Blame the idiots (you know who you are) who wanted the G-MAL nerfed to death. :smileyindifferent:

I agree. The G-MAL now requires perfect aiming if you come across an M9 user whereas the M9 user can miss 75% of his bullets and kill you. It shouldn't be 9 bullets to kill it should be 8. That way we can afford to miss half a burst.

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 34 (221 Views)
Wastelander
529 posts

Jul 22, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

I agree. The G-MAL now requires perfect aiming if you come across an M9 user whereas the M9 user can miss 75% of his bullets and kill you. It shouldn't be 9 bullets to kill it should be 8. That way we can afford to miss half a burst.

The G-mal is 2 bursts to kill which is 6 bullets, not 9 bullets....

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jul 22, 2013
@Lili

Haha yes I actually did have you and silverknight in mind when I made the FAL comment. And I haven't even witnessed him use the FAL myself. I've just heard people talk about it on here.

And yeah, G-MAL is 2 burst/6bullets to kill, but that can still seem like a lot. Especially when an M9 user is hopping back and forth so fast with Fleet Foot that they look like they're having a seizure.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Jul 23, 2013

6 never does it for me... Maybe I lag a bit so I require more bullets but I need 2 and a half bursts to kill, even if I get it perfect :/

How many did you need BEFORE it got nerfed?

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 34 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jul 23, 2013
I believe it was either 4 or 5 bullets total before nerf.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 34 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Jul 23, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I believe it was either 4 or 5 bullets total before nerf.

The G-mal has ALWAYS required 6 bullets/2 bursts to kill. There was no nerf to the bullet damage needed to kill someone.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 34 (141 Views)
Survivor
2177 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Most people use the M9 due to it's ease of use. All other weapons are more than useable if you practice with them, the other day I was going 25-8 every match with a Fal (Objectives) while a friend using the same loadout and of similar skill level was doing horrible. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (136 Views)
0 Likes