Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/02/2011
Offline
2170 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013
M9 is the best and easiest gun in the game to use, but if you want to use something else, do it. There's no competitive side to Uncharted 3 anymore, (not that there ever truly was, but it used to be better), so find which gun you have the most fun with, then stick with it, the more you use it, the better you'll be with it.
Pepsi
Message 11 of 34 (343 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
M9 is the easiest gun to use. It works at all ranges and even has a Rate of Mod available if you enjoy being a scrub. It has a high blind fire accuracy. Overall, it is pretty effortless to use and gets the job done fast.

That being said, it's not the best gun IMO. A great G-MAL user will beat an M9 user from mid-long range. Same with with a Dragon user. Some people also prefer the AK over it and can beat the average M9 user. Just depends on your skill with each gun. The FAL on the other hand, can be a good gun. But people who master this one seem few and far between these days.

Hey Silver, we got a shoutout :smileyvery-happy:

Bang Bang!

Message 12 of 34 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

 

I've only been playing U3 multiplayer for a week and I've noticed that everyone and their grandmother uses the M9, is there any other guns worth using with upgrades? I've tested all of them out but it seems the M9 is most overpowered


Blame the idiots (you know who you are) who wanted the G-MAL nerfed to death. :smileyindifferent:

 

So much for having "weapon variety" and "balance"... :smileyfrustrated:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 13 of 34 (323 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

 

I've only been playing U3 multiplayer for a week and I've noticed that everyone and their grandmother uses the M9, is there any other guns worth using with upgrades? I've tested all of them out but it seems the M9 is most overpowered


Blame the idiots (you know who you are) who wanted the G-MAL nerfed to death. :smileyindifferent:

 

So much for having "weapon variety" and "balance"... :smileyfrustrated:


I agree. The G-MAL now requires perfect aiming if you come across an M9 user whereas the M9 user can miss 75% of his bullets and kill you. It shouldn't be 9 bullets to kill it should be 8. That way we can afford to miss half a burst.

Bang Bang!

Message 14 of 34 (303 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
562 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

aka-TEQUILA wrote:

 

I've only been playing U3 multiplayer for a week and I've noticed that everyone and their grandmother uses the M9, is there any other guns worth using with upgrades? I've tested all of them out but it seems the M9 is most overpowered


Blame the idiots (you know who you are) who wanted the G-MAL nerfed to death. :smileyindifferent:

 

So much for having "weapon variety" and "balance"... :smileyfrustrated:


I agree. The G-MAL now requires perfect aiming if you come across an M9 user whereas the M9 user can miss 75% of his bullets and kill you. It shouldn't be 9 bullets to kill it should be 8. That way we can afford to miss half a burst.


The G-mal is 2 bursts to kill which is 6 bullets, not 9 bullets....

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 15 of 34 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 22, 2013
@Lili

Haha yes I actually did have you and silverknight in mind when I made the FAL comment. And I haven't even witnessed him use the FAL myself. I've just heard people talk about it on here.

And yeah, G-MAL is 2 burst/6bullets to kill, but that can still seem like a lot. Especially when an M9 user is hopping back and forth so fast with Fleet Foot that they look like they're having a seizure.
Message 16 of 34 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 23, 2013

6 never does it for me... Maybe I lag a bit so I require more bullets but I need 2 and a half bursts to kill, even if I get it perfect :/

How many did you need BEFORE it got nerfed?

Bang Bang!

Message 17 of 34 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 23, 2013
I believe it was either 4 or 5 bullets total before nerf.
Message 18 of 34 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
562 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 23, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I believe it was either 4 or 5 bullets total before nerf.

The G-mal has ALWAYS required 6 bullets/2 bursts to kill. There was no nerf to the bullet damage needed to kill someone.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 19 of 34 (223 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 23, 2013

Most people use the M9 due to it's ease of use. All other weapons are more than useable if you practice with them, the other day I was going 25-8 every match with a Fal (Objectives) while a friend using the same loadout and of similar skill level was doing horrible. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 20 of 34 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes