Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: M9 only gun worth using?

Jul 23, 2013

I tested out the G-MAL today and I needed AT LEAST 2 and a half bursts to kill someone if not 3. Maybe the G-MAL hates me D:

Bang Bang!

Message 21 of 34 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Try it in a Custom game. It has always been 6HK/2-burst, as long as the target is stationary.

That doesn't apply to sprinting/lagging targets, though...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 34 (359 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 23, 2013
Oh well then I misinformed.
Message 23 of 34 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Jul 23, 2013
Ooohhh yeah....

If u go up against laggers your shots will ALWAYS dissapear when using the gmal and especially the fal :/

I don't think ND knows how much of an advantage they have....
Message 24 of 34 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jul 23, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I tested out the G-MAL today and I needed AT LEAST 2 and a half bursts to kill someone if not 3. Maybe the G-MAL hates me D:

G-MAL has always taken two raw bursts to kill. Keep in mind that the gun has horizontal recoil as well as vertical, so some bullets might veer off directly to the left or right of your target, making it take more bursts to kill. This makes getting a two-burst kill on a moving target tricky...you'll always want to try to aim for the center of the target to ensure you have the most "shooting space."

I very rarely play any other than Classic (and even then I rarely play nowadays), but I would say the M9 isn't the only viable gun but it's the easiest to use. For those that played some CoD, it's like the MP5 (MW1), UMP45 (MW2), MP7/ACR (MW3), FAMAS/AK-74u (BO1), and FAL/MSMC/MP7 (BO2). Easy to handle, kills pretty well, adaptable, etc. but it's not too rediculous unless someone's using RoF on it.

I can't say anything about the Dragon or any other pistol besides the Para 9, but provided you know how to use other guns appropriately, you can take down M9 users like any other person. Not gonna lie though, I feel like I get super powers whenever I grab an M9 in Classic. Wonder what it would be like if it kept all of its traits except for a slightly lower base RoF....I think the M9 in the Summer Beta had a lower RoF, but it was pretty weaksauce.

Message 25 of 34 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Yes, the M9 is the easiest gun ever. it's not the only gun worth using though. I mean, well yeah, if you're a moron, but no otherwise.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 26 of 34 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

M9 > Dragon > AK > KAL-7 > Para 9 > Micro > Raffica > G-MAL > FAL-SS > Tau

Basically, if your pro. you use AK/G-MAL and Raffica.

I'm a n00b so I use M9/Dragon and Para/Micro

Of course if things aren't going my way. I tend to give up and go for the KAL-7 just to be annoying. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 34 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
347 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

I've been exlusively using the GMAL this past month (months?) more than ever, and my god, I still love it. Such a fantastic weapon and it's still deadly. I do really good with it and can two burst kill people easily. Although I tend to get a lot of assists, I roll with Elena's. I don't mind the assists that much since it shows that my team is actually PAYING attention to my call outs! It makes me happy since I'm mostly a lone wolf player and if you roll in TDM by yourself, you'll realize that 90% of the time your call outs will be ignored. 

I don't think there are any guns I hate in this game, other than the M9. They're all pretty fun to use. Even the KAL. Militia Man is becoming one of my dominant kickbacks in this game as well. VERY underrated when its really useful. 

Message 28 of 34 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 26, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

I've been exlusively using the GMAL this past month (months?) more than ever, and my god, I still love it. Such a fantastic weapon and it's still deadly. I do really good with it and can two burst kill people easily. Although I tend to get a lot of assists, I roll with Elena's. I don't mind the assists that much since it shows that my team is actually PAYING attention to my call outs! It makes me happy since I'm mostly a lone wolf player and if you roll in TDM by yourself, you'll realize that 90% of the time your call outs will be ignored. 

I don't think there are any guns I hate in this game, other than the M9. They're all pretty fun to use. Even the KAL. Militia Man is becoming one of my dominant kickbacks in this game as well. VERY underrated when its really useful. 

Militia Man would be useful but there are better kickbacks IMO. I use Roman's G-MAL. I find that Flynn's has an Accuracy bonus hidden in it, Elena's has more sensitivity and can reload faster than Roman's but Roman's is the neutral gun. Has a bit of accuracy and a bit of sensitivity.

I just never got into weapon's with Clip Size or Call Out. Clip Size made me waste all my bullets and when I got rid of it, I trained myself to preserve my bullets and use them wisely. Call Out just got me too many assists. Besides the G-MAL and the FAL are loud guns. You can hear them being shot from across the map so you can just look where the bullets are being shot and it's an automatic call out. On top of that, if someone uses Cloaked they aren't affected by Call Out and a lot of people use it... In my eyes, as long as I have Reload Speed I'm happy with my guns.

Bang Bang!

Message 29 of 34 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
347 posts

Jul 27, 2013

It all depends on your play style. I'm mostly a lone wolf player so I know I can never depend on the randoms placed on my team the majority of the time, so clip size and call out are really helpful. Clip size allows me to take down more than two people without having to reload and the added reload speed on Elena's is just the icing on the cake. Call out is a gamble. I love it when people pay attention to my call outs since it helps them locate enemies in nearby areas or where I'm getting attacked...and it's also useful when other people on my team calls the enemy out. However, as I've noted before...most randoms don't seem to grasp the idea of it, which negates the use of that mod.

I can only relate to your example of trying not to waste bullets for my Dragon Sniper loadout. I use Sully's over Draza's for that very same reason you listed. I make every sniper bullet count. I've noticed that the people who use Draza's usually just spam their shots. 

And I can hear all the guns at any distance in this game and know their location all of the time and can also determine where everyone is by looking at the bullet trails like you said, unless you use Untraceable. It's not just exclusive to the FAL or GMAL. As for Cloaked, yeah. It does negate the effect of Call Out and it would suck if the gun you use just had that mod, but thankfully all the call out treasure guns have other mods that are useful so if it negates one, it doesn't negate the rest. 

And of course there are better kickbacks than Militia Man. That's a given. I just mentioned it's becoming one of my primary ones because it's useful for my playstyle. I'm very agressive and I'm always in scenarios where it's 2 vs. 1 so not having to reload is extremely beneficial for flanking people. I don't even want to begin to tell you what happens when I activate it once I have a power weapon. Smiley Wink 

Message 30 of 34 (233 Views)
0 Likes