Feb 29 2012
By: The_R-Factor_ First Son 4 posts

(MUST READ) Co-op Hunter Farming

38 replies 607 views Edited Feb 29, 2012

Most of us know that the last piece of a treasure set is highly likely to be found in this mode, and only few of us can endure it. So I aim this to be the standard for those who just want to farm for treasures. Here are the 3 simple steps:

1. Put FARM in your tag so others would know. Only the ones with the FARM tag are recognized to farm. *(At least two FARMers, one on each team, is recommended.)

2. Those that started as HEROES should let the players that started as enemies kill them, teammates should plan who to kill who. Then in the next round, it is the HEROES' turn to farm, same procedure. There is a total of 4 rounds, so each team will have 2 rounds to farm. *(back in the saddle recommended)

3. As for the treasure chests, one player can have them all  per round. Ex. player 1 gets every chest in round 1, player 2 in round 2, so on...

Hopefully this will reach all Hunters out there. Feel free to create a standard if you think there is a better way. Happy farming to all. Thank you.

UPDATE:

I just played 3 hunter games a couple of hours ago and guess what:

MATCH 1 - unlocked salim's goggles

MATCH 2 - unlocked marlowe's beret

MATCH 3 - got the last piece for rameses' hat (already unlocked)

All by picking up the chests. So I suggest step 3. But that's just my experience. What is your experience? Let us know.

Post your psn ID here if you are looking to farm the last piece of a set and add each other up, and hopefully the Hunter Community will grow. Let us make this the place for the "Last Piece Farming". PS: don't add me, I'm a lone wolf.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Re: (MUST READ) Co-op Hunter Farming

Feb 27, 2012

i have completed 3 or 4 sets of treasures in two times i have tried the Chateau Farm Method... is this way more easy than chateau method?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Hows that gonna work if you get in a match with randoms. I think it's a good idea though, I hope it catches on.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Once again, I shall repeat the question that everyone ignored:

Have you found a consistent farming method for Hunter? If not, it's a waste of time.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 27, 2012

To BZABROS: I dont know. What items have you unlocked? I have played maybe 20 hunter games or so with randoms, and I have unlocked Drake's aviators, Elena's cat ears, the pieces(?) set, Marlowe's stylish glasses and goggles and half mask, Rameses' hat, Drake's goggles, whenever I got a treasure (I only had the last piece missing in every set).

To radeaton: If they have the FARM tag, then they are not randoms. And I think the majority of Hunters are there to farm. My aim is for this mode to be like a custom game but with treasure drops.

To tapantola: Maybe step 2?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I know how to be matched with my buddies, I don't need/trust randoms to help me... my problem is that I still haven't found a consistent farming method for Hunter.

Also, don't forget that randoms could troll you. Someone could have a tag with no intention to co-operate. Kinda like the days... trololol

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Feb 27, 2012

It's good idea, but there is no certain way to be matched with other treasure hunters. And that's the biggest problem. If enough people adopt the FARM clan tag then it might catch on.

But Co-op Hunter has many bugs. For example, when I get a treasure drop, it is usually a blank treasure. When I check the results at the end of the game, says I collected no treasures that match (excluding the ones from chests).

As to Hunter's effectiveness, I have completed 5 Co-op Arena/Hunter sets:

Desert Drake's Goggles - Normal Arena Playing

Young Marlowe's Beret

Charlie Cutter's Sunglasses

Sully's Fedora - all from Chateau Arena Farming

Desert Drake's Headwrap - Co-op Hunter 3 Medal Chest.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Booman547 wrote:

It's good idea, but there is no certain way to be matched with other treasure hunters. And that's the biggest problem. If enough people adopt the FARM clan tag then it might catch on.

Actually that's the easy part. At least for me.

If enough people adopt the FARM clan tag, then you can be sure that it'll be just like the days all over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7366 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Wait so why is this a must read again?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 29, 2012

UPDATE:

I just played 3 hunter games a couple of hours ago and guess what:

MATCH 1 - unlocked salim's goggles

MATCH 2 - unlocked marlowe's beret

MATCH 3 - got the last piece for rameses' hat (already unlocked)

All by picking up the chests. So I suggest step 3. But that's just my experience. What is your experience? Let us know.

Post your psn ID here if you are looking to farm the last piece of a set and add each other up, and hopefully the Hunter Community will grow. Let us make this the place for the "Last Piece Farming". PS: don't add me, I'm a lone wolf.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (607 Views)
0 Likes