Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3561 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 22, 2012
H3// No!

What fun is it to play old school and have to TELL your friends about it? I want to play Classic mode with my classic friends. Most of my friends are people I've met on U2.

Make it an option, sure. Don't make it mandatory.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 78 (284 Views)
Last Guardian
11068 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Hmm... i'm not sure about that, i mean, it's a great idea, but sometimes i wanna have fun with my friends.

I'd rather have a Mercenary mode AND a Classic Mode, not a Mercenary Classic Mode. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 78 (283 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I say yes, I mean, playing with friends is all cool and such but when you team up with other players with heavy stats and huge K/d you're just ruining the game for everyone on the other team, srsly.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 78 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Sep 22, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Hmm... i'm not sure about that, i mean, it's a great idea, but sometimes i wanna have fun with my friends.

I'd rather have a Mercenary mode AND a Classic Mode, not a Mercenary Classic Mode. :smileyindifferent:

well, sure, so would I. But that is not realisitc, as it would destroy the player pool.

If you wanna have fun with your friends, then play ANY of the OTHER gamemodes.

We're lucky to be getting Classic Mode at all. beggars cant be choosers type deal

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 78 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Would love that!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 78 (261 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

why not make hardcore mode into mercenary mode - there is no sense in removing/replacing of hardcore - which its a good mode (it was great back in the summer beta) - if they could then just reduce the no. of power weapons so that it is more like it was in the beta i.e. very good.

that way it would be a win/win since TDM hardcore and classic would all be good and different modes

maybe they should change standard TDM to 4v4 players max. great for partys and buddys i.e. no lone wolfs.
classic mode should have partys, but it should not have buddys i.e. no buddy spawning - that is essential for  classic mode - buddy spawning take some of the competitivness battles (i.e. camping a hill, and just buddy spawning there) - UC" was better

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 78 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Mercenary mode + team balancing adjustments (in all modes, but still noteworthy) will make Classic mode that much more awesome when it's released. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 78 (239 Views)
Survivor
2485 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Spaceass- wrote:

Here's the solution for me. 

We should have a gamemode with all of the randoms that want to play on Classicmode, that doesn't allow partys, but because the players would want to use this gamemode with their friends, it'll also give them Classicmode for partys. We can decide, but the partys can't use the gamemode for randoms, it wouldn't work and it would give them a message saying that this one isn't allowed for partys. Splitscreeners should still count as randoms, because it wouldn't be nice for them to find partys of five, wich would be unfair for them. Isn't that fantastic? 

The players who want to find a gamemode without partys, but also dont want Classicmode, could have a gamemode that doesn't support Classicmode and/or partys. That would work for me. 

The problem I think with this is that it would spilt the player pool too much.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 78 (231 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Now as awesome as that sounds...I'd rather have parties in Classic Mode.  I don't play this game in a party to keep a high K/D, I play in parties to have fun with my friends.  I can't imagine enjoying Classic Mode by myself, with nobody to talk to about how awesome the mode is :smileytongue:

I would want to see a Mercenary Mode though, but separate from Classic Mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 78 (220 Views)
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Team Selection in this game is attrocious, which is one of the reasons I play in a party. Many times it will put experienced playervs vs newer players. The matches end up becoming routs, during the lab I found myself pulling 20+ kills and losing 50-30 while some matches I would be put with a good team and end up winning 50-10.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 78 (219 Views)
0 Likes