Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 23, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:
I think it would be better to allow parties of 2 and thats it.
That way you could enjoy it with a buddy without making it severly unbalanced to Lone wolfers like it happens in TDM or any other mode with 5 or 4 man parties.

This would indeed be the best solution for all players imo.

I see where you're coming from. This wouldnt be terrible. But then it wouldnt be a true Mercenary Mode.

Glad you guys support this though.

Who else?

Not me. I like playing with my friends and if I can't even play the mode I've been waiting **bleep** months for with my friends then that's not cool. Hell, if I can't play it with ONE other person, then the mode might as well be dead to me. I like socializing, laughing, having a good time over being forced to play alone because a bunch of people have 99% bad experiences against players who team up for the purpose of doing well.

Sorry gunns, I can't agree with this.

I have to agree with Ownin here. I think merc mode would be awesome, but the main reason I play U3 is to play with my buds, which I wouldn't be able to do in my favorite mode, which in turn would make me a very sad panda bear.

tlousig2
Message 61 of 78 (265 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

I have to agree with Ownin here. I think merc mode would be awesome, but the main reason I play U3 is to play with my buds, which I wouldn't be able to do in my favorite mode, which in turn would make me a very sad panda bear.

... Panda bear?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 62 of 78 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Sep 23, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

... Panda bear?

I like pandas ._.

tlousig2
Message 63 of 78 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

... Panda bear?

I like pandas ._.

Oh.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 64 of 78 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I see it like this: Option 1.) Classic Mode without Mercenary Mode = parties of 5 steamrolling the solo players. Option 2.) Classic Mode with Mercenary Mode = this game's broken matchmaking creating uneven teams like it does now. Either way the teams end up unbalanced.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 65 of 78 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Sep 23, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

I see it like this: Option 1.) Classic Mode without Mercenary Mode = parties of 5 steamrolling the solo players. Option 2.) Classic Mode with Mercenary Mode = this game's broken matchmaking creating uneven teams like it does now. Either way the teams end up unbalanced.

Yup, plus the fact that I won't be able to play anyone due to patch 1.15 stating that I am not good enough to play with legacied players.

Message 66 of 78 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

In all the games that allowed a "merc" mode, I never played it. I can handle playing against parties, I have been for years. That might be something many people have never had to deal with, so they pitch a fit. Classic Mode is supposed to be classic UC, not "with a twist". Leave "with a twist" for labs and customs. If you want to play a competitive mode, keep it competitive with specific rules. People play together because that's the focus of a team game. There is a reason TDM and FFA exists. To accommodate to the player who wants to jump in, jump out. Hell years ago you couldn't even party with friends, just had to hope you found the same server haha. 

I would love a competitive playlist with no kickbacks or powerplays and specific rules? (Classic and Competitive are two different types), it would be awesome. Would it be a lot like Classic mode? Yeah but it would bring in another player pool or at least grow it. 

Days end, don't spoil something so many have asked for since the launch of the game. It's their time to enjoy the fruits of their labor. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 67 of 78 (190 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Jup, as many asked for a mercenary mode and this since U2.

And who is their??? Twisting things into only party players or what...

Screw hardcore&hunter and replace it with a classic - mercenary and a classic - party mode.

Whats the problem ND?

Player pool split is soooo irrevelant in this shoddy casualish laggy MP.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 68 of 78 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

WRe: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Oct 10, 2012

What? 23 kudos for this **bleep**? Yes I do want a Mercenary mode, I want it ery badly, but it shouldn't replace Classic Mode

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 69 of 78 (142 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Oct 10, 2012

One of the best mode out of The Lab because there was no disgusting parties. Mercenary Mode need it own playlist.

Message 70 of 78 (131 Views)