Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 22 2012
By: gunnsandwiches42 Survivor 2122 posts

Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

[ Edited ]
77 replies 720 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

The overwhelming majority of this community wants a Mercenary Mode, a mode in which everyone plays solo.  The LAB was great, and there have been old and new threads crying out for a No Parties game mode.

Instead of adding yet another playlist, that will split the player pool further, why not just make the upcoming Classic Mode into a Mercenary Mode; make Classic Mode so you can only play alone.  Do we really want to see our beloved Classic Mode turn into yet another Party of 5 Fest, that will result in yet more complaining here?

The beneifits of making Classic Mode into Mercenary mode are many:

1) People who are crying out for justice Mercenary Mode get their wish

2) Classic Mode will not be tainted by Parties of 5

3) Classic Mode will not drastically dominate the player pool

Classic Mode will be even more differentiated from regular TDM, making it  truly unique experience.  TDM would be the go-to TDM Party Mode, giving players a reason to play it instead of Classic Mode. So there is incentive to play each mode.

And please, dont say, "This will never happen, ND wont listen."  Guess what, they listened to Fake's thread, and CM is indeed coming. If we ask for it (a lot), it will come.

Good compromise or no?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 1 of 78 (720 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 22, 2012

I think this is a great idea. I mainly play solo so I don't ever want to run into a big party in Classic mode.

I just hope other people would agree with this. I imagine there are a lot of people who would want Classic mode as their main playlist, but they wouldn't be able to play with their friends. It would be a shame for them to have to choose.

Message 2 of 78 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I think it would be better to allow parties of 2 and thats it.
That way you could enjoy it with a buddy without making it severly unbalanced to Lone wolfers like it happens in TDM or any other mode with 5 or 4 man parties.

This would indeed be the best solution for all players imo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 78 (689 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Yes just yes
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 4 of 78 (687 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Row Row, Fight the power! I support this!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 5 of 78 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Watanabe_ugo wrote:
That way you could enjoy it with a buddy without making it severly unbalanced to Lone wolfers like it happens in TDM or any other mode with 5 or 4 man parties.

I see where you're coming from. This wouldnt be terrible. But then it wouldnt be a true Mercenary Mode.

Glad you guys support this though.

Who else?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 6 of 78 (670 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

I see where you're coming from. This wouldnt be terrible. But then it wouldnt be a true Mercenary Mode.

Who else?

Not me. I like playing with my friends and if I can't even play the mode I've been waiting **bleep** months for with my friends then that's not cool. Hell, if I can't play it with ONE other person, then the mode might as well be dead to me. I like socializing, laughing, having a good time over being forced to play alone because a bunch of people have 99% bad experiences against players who team up for the purpose of doing well.

Sorry gunns, I can't agree with this.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 78 (654 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Sep 22, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

Who else?

I would love a mercenary mode, dont get me wrong, ive used to be a Lone wolf in until i realized i had no chance in winning by myself most of the time since everyone runs in parties so i just party up too now.

This solution would not only be good for people that like to splitscreen or don't like to play alone but be good to Lone wolfers as well since 2 man party usually dont brings unbalanced matchmaking problems.

And at the same time making Classic Mode even better to play since its not ruinning by 3 to 5 man parties unbalnced issues and not ruinning by making it a solo mode only.

Imo this would be a win win situation, it would make me play it if i want to solo, and make me play it if i have a friend ready to go and have fun without ruinning others solo experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 78 (649 Views)
Survivor
2122 posts

Sep 22, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

Who else?

Not me. I like playing with my friends and if I can't even play the mode I've been waiting **bleep** months for with my friends then that's not cool. Hell, if I can't play it with ONE other person, then the mode might as well be dead to me. I like socializing, laughing, having a good time over being forced to play alone because a bunch of people have 99% bad experiences against players who team up for the purpose of doing well.

Sorry gunns, I can't agree with this.

Not with me you don't! Thats why I deleted you. You never play with me :smileysad:

As for wating for months for this mode and looking forward to playing it with friends...kinda a moot point imo. You're lucky to be getting this mode at all.

I see your point. Ive just been looking at the forums, and Classic Mode and Mercenary Mode are hot topics. In my brain, combining the 2 makes perfect sense. Ill go a step further--Classic Mode SHOULD NOT be TDM exclusive. Talk about a missed opportunity. It should be an All Competitive Mode, a la UC2. But ill spare you with just the one thread today :smileyhappy:

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 9 of 78 (632 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Here's the solution for me. 

We should have a gamemode with all of the randoms that want to play on Classicmode, that doesn't allow partys, but because the players would want to use this gamemode with their friends, it'll also give them Classicmode for partys. We can decide, but the partys can't use the gamemode for randoms, it wouldn't work and it would give them a message saying that this one isn't allowed for partys. Splitscreeners should still count as randoms, because it wouldn't be nice for them to find partys of five, wich would be unfair for them. Isn't that fantastic? 

The players who want to find a gamemode without partys, but also dont want Classicmode, could have a gamemode that doesn't support Classicmode and/or partys. That would work for me. 

Message 10 of 78 (619 Views)
0 Likes