Message 41 of 78 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 23, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
You guys realize this won't stop people from getting on Skype together and making sure that even if they don't end up in the same team, they'll just have a "no kill" truce between each other and hunt down the randoms on the other team, right?

If ND does this, you heard it here first.

surely you realize that  less than 1% of players would do this, and even mentioning it is pretty pathetic, and not at all a good argument against a mercenary mode

and because i dont know how to multi quote:

i never said parties are unbeatalbe. I, and apparently many others (across many threads) want a no party playlist. simple

Seriously, WHO WOULD DO THIS? Who would actually go on Skype to be in the same match? Sounds like a serious no-lifer.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 78 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 23, 2012
^ boosters

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 78 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 23, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
^ boosters

They could already do that in any other mode competitive if they really wanted to- it make take a while, but it's definitely possible.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 78 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 23, 2012
^ I just wanted to give am example, cuz he said "who would do this"

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 78 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Mercenary should only be implemented if:

1) The game goes free2play (bigger player pool).

2) They consolidate 10-player modes (TDM, Plunder, TO, HC, Lab, Elim, Classic etc.) into a single playlist (All Competitive). Then we can have All Competitive Mercenary and All Competitive for Parties. It would also promote variety.

3) Late join is enhanced to work with parties.

4) DLC maps become free for everyone (the DLC toggle wouldn't be needed in that case).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 78 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Gunns, I'm gonna have to disagree with this.

Playing solo just isn't that much fun, and Classic Mode sounds like it will be a blast, so I would love to be able to party up with some folk and enjoy a few matches.

Maybe instead of making it completely solo, you could be allowed one buddy to party up with?

I'm open to variations of the idea, but I just don't want it to be completely solo.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 78 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
You guys realize this won't stop people from getting on Skype together and making sure that even if they don't end up in the same team, they'll just have a "no kill" truce between each other and hunt down the randoms on the other team, right?

If ND does this, you heard it here first.

surely you realize that  less than 1% of players would do this, and even mentioning it is pretty pathetic, and not at all a good argument against a mercenary mode

and because i dont know how to multi quote:

i never said parties are unbeatalbe. I, and apparently many others (across many threads) want a no party playlist. simple

It's the Uncharted community. You know, the people who constantly come up with new ways to exploit the game to boost their stats, rank, money, trophies, and anything else that they want to boost these days. I guarantee you it'd become a new craze much like shottie-jumping. And they wouldn't necessarily have to use Skype. They could use PSN text chat, too. Get what I'm saying here?

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 78 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2021 posts

Sep 23, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Mercenary should only be implemented if:

1) The game goes free2play (bigger player pool).

2) They consolidate 10-player modes (TDM, Plunder, TO, HC, Lab, Elim, Classic etc.) into a single playlist (All Competitive). Then we can have All Competitive Mercenary and All Competitive for Parties. It would also promote variety.

3) Late join is enhanced to work with parties.

4) DLC maps become free for everyone (the DLC toggle wouldn't be needed in that case).

he is alive!

I see what your saying, introduce another playlist when the player pool is bigger. right on.

But we know Classic Mode is coming, and we know Mercenary Mode is WIDELY desired...so my idea combines the 2. is it perfect? no. will it make EVERYONE happy? no. But does it make sense, and appease many players? I say, yes.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 78 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9831 posts

Sep 23, 2012
I thought it would be cool if we made a Mercenary classic mode. I saw an idea that separates Party competitive to Merc Competitive. That's a good idea. Then we can isolate those party freaks and we can all play in peace.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 78 (159 Views)
0 Likes