Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: Make Classic Mode into Mercenary Mode

Sep 23, 2012
Let me get this straight, you want Classic Mode, the thing many MANY people want and the thing ND is already putting in, to be Mercenary Mode? That would be the biggest F-You ND could make.
Message 51 of 78 (272 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Sep 23, 2012

yea i like this idea!! i've suggested it before but guess what?? users who always play in parties always B!tch about it, and their answer is always; if you want to play solo go play FFA or 3TD (only 2 members per party) I dont know about making Classic Mode a mercenary mode, but i would love to see a mode with no parties at all.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 52 of 78 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Sep 23, 2012

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Let me get this straight, you want Classic Mode, the thing many MANY people want and the thing ND is already putting in, to be Mercenary Mode? That would be the biggest F-You ND could make.

I'll call that one and raise you another: if Classic Mode had power plays, THAT would be the biggest slap in the face ND could make.

Not being able to play Classic Mode with my friends would sting a lot, though... :smileysad:

Message 53 of 78 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Sep 23, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

I'll call that one and raise you another: if Classic Mode had power plays, THAT would be the biggest slap in the face ND could make.

Not being able to play Classic Mode with my friends would sting a lot, though... :smileysad:

It better not have power plays. That would just ruin everything. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they did add them in.

Message 54 of 78 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 23, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

It better not have power plays. That would just ruin everything. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they did add them in.

But guys, Classic mode will have TO and Plunder too, right?

I mean, considering the amount of TDM based modes and Labs...right?

Right? :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 55 of 78 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

But guys, Classic mode will have TO and Plunder too, right?

I mean, considering the amount of TDM based modes and Labs...right?

Right? :smileysad:

I certainly hope that it's more than just TDM. What I'm hoping is that it's similar to the Objectives playlist in Uncharted 2, where they crammed Turf War, Chain Reaction, etc. in one big pot. I would like them to just add a "Classic Mode" playlist that had OBJ, Plunder, and TDM, because, as it stands, I'm pretty tired of TDM.

Message 56 of 78 (251 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Sure, that would be swell.

Problem is, that wont happen. Odds are we wont get Mercenary Mode is any form, especially if its were to split the player pool like your suggestion.

In my opinion, this would work in a pinch. If you want to play with friends, play any other mode.

Waiting since launch? Since before we even knew about or wanted Classic Mode? wow

Says who? It is highly likely that upon seeing Classic mode's success ND would consider adding a mercenary version if the demand is high enough. That probability only increases when taking into account the future influx of new players from the inevitable release of the MP as a stand-alone on PSN.

I hate to break it to you, but your opinion regarding this is very narrow. While there are plenty of players who like mercenary format (myself as much as anyone), it's greatly outnumbered by the thousands who enjoy playing with their friends.

Why should we sacrifice the playlist we've wanted for so long just so some can experience a mode free of the minor headache of parties? Doesn't your own logic apply here as well? Why don't you play another playlist [that doesn't affect ours]? Your whole mentality is coming off as a bit selfish.

Yeah I've been waiting for this since launch, as have countless others. As soon as I started up the final build of UC3's MP and saw that A) PowerPlays and Kickbacks ruined the gameplay and B) that Hardcore wasn't anywhere close to what it should have been (read: Classic mode). Those very reasons are largly why so many stayed on/went back to UC2.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 57 of 78 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 23, 2012
If classic mode does get its own playlist instead of replacing hardcore , then simply switch Mercenary with hardcore, since nobody would play hardcore if classic mode was implemented
I also think the player pool might increase if classic turns out to be great since all UC2 vets who hate Powerplays and kickbacks might come back. So then, we might have enough players to implement mercenary.
Message 58 of 78 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

People who want to play alone and are afraid of parties just should get some friends. So **bleep** with ur mercenary mode -_-'

OWN1N45 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Watanabe_ugo wrote:
I think it would be better to allow parties of 2 and thats it.
That way you could enjoy it with a buddy without making it severly unbalanced to Lone wolfers like it happens in TDM or any other mode with 5 or 4 man parties.

This would indeed be the best solution for all players imo.

I see where you're coming from. This wouldnt be terrible. But then it wouldnt be a true Mercenary Mode.

Glad you guys support this though.

Who else?

Not me. I like playing with my friends and if I can't even play the mode I've been waiting **bleep** months for with my friends then that's not cool. Hell, if I can't play it with ONE other person, then the mode might as well be dead to me. I like socializing, laughing, having a good time over being forced to play alone because a bunch of people have 99% bad experiences against players who team up for the purpose of doing well.

Sorry gunns, I can't agree with this.

Exactly my point!

Message 59 of 78 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Sep 23, 2012

I support the classic mode with parties.

But then the only excuse they have: the player pool is too small for a mercenary playlist goes down the drain.

Dividing the community is not an issue anymore. This community was already divided by DLC before the DLC toggle anyway, people cried they were playing against other parties too much. Now classic mode.

There´s no excuse to not have a mercenary playlist for Uncharted 4. The dynamics of the game (5v5, power weapons) beg for a mercenary playlist. It´d be awesome to have a mercenary playlist for UC3 but for UC4 it´s got to be there, no excuses.

Message 60 of 78 (190 Views)