Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

Hmmm…French people….

 

Someone asked about “du” in PSN IDs…I don’t know why they put it in there - I’ve never seen it myself and I have a number of Quebecois on my friends list.  Basically, “du” basically means “of”… so,  I can think of a number of possibilities…such as SevenDuNine and CaptainProduceDu1967.

 

As to the French not speaking English, it is true that some (particularly Quebecois) will refuse but there are reasons for this – one, is the desire to preserve their culture and language (you must understand something of the history of Quebec in Canada).  Leaving French aside for a moment, why does anyone speak their native language?  Uhhh…maybe because they’re more comfortable speaking it?

 

The attitude reflected in saying something like, “What is that foreign gibberish?  Speak English for pete’s sake!”, certainly doesn’t help.  I’ve heard variations on that (and not nearly that diplomatic) many, many, many times.  Is it any wonder that non-English speakers get their back up?

 

I’ll end by saying that two of my best coop partners are Quebecois.  One speaks excellent English (certainly far better than my French)…the other uses mostly English in our text chat (she doesn’t use a mic)…both have great senses of humour AND both are a pleasure with which to game.

 

Stepping down from soap box now.

 

-CPdu67

Message 41 of 76 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/29/2011
Offline
1349 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013
This forum must stay alive until December 7th! The VGAs are about to save this community.
Message 42 of 76 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

runner21 wrote:
This forum must stay alive until December 7th! The VGAs are about to save this community.

if Uncharted 4 gets announced, they create a new section on the forum for it anyway, so what's the point Smiley Wink

Message 43 of 76 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013
^Just to keep the community alive and UC fans around
Message 44 of 76 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

runner21 wrote:
This forum must stay alive until December 7th! The VGAs are about to save this community.

since when is this forum alive? doesn't look very lively to me ...

Message 45 of 76 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
^Just to keep the community alive and UC fans around

well, I'm not going anywhere, I'm patiently waiting Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 76 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/15/2013
Offline
907 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013
Doesnt to me either Smiley Sad
Message 47 of 76 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

Now we are on the topic of racism anyway;

 

A country is not a race, saying that all French are whatever you called them is not really racism. It's kinda rude though since they aren't all that way.

 

I myself think that people call racism a bit too quickly. You can't say the word black without being stormed by people calling you a racist. And besides they are far more racist than the person that said black, if they take the word black as a serious offense then THEY are being racist since they are the ones that say it is a negative thing. And it's not. 

 

I don't want to insult anyone but people call racism way to quickly recently.

Message 48 of 76 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Now we are on the topic of racism anyway;

 

A country is not a race, saying that all French are whatever you called them is not really racism. It's kinda rude though since they aren't all that way.

 

I myself think that people call racism a bit too quickly. You can't say the word black without being stormed by people calling you a racist. And besides they are far more racist than the person that said black, if they take the word black as a serious offense then THEY are being racist since they are the ones that say it is a negative thing. And it's not. 

 

I don't want to insult anyone but people call racism way to quickly recently.


steriotyping would be the good word in this (the french) situation, it's indeed not racism Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 76 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/10/2012
Offline
57 posts
 

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013
Wont affect me since I'm on F2P. I miss ranking up Smiley Sad What a return to U3 this has been.
All user names
REDXJeenKs3000
kayjay22
AceSlayer21
Message 50 of 76 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes