I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Make a triple cash weekend.

Sep 17, 2013
So if I use Mexican oriented jokes towards my Brazilian friend (by pretending I don't know the difference), would that be considered racism, or double racism? And if it is considered double racism, does that racism cancel itself out?

Seriously tho, judging someone based off of their skin color is dumb. I proudly hate all people equally.
Message 51 of 76 (272 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Sep 17, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
So if I use Mexican oriented jokes towards my Brazilian friend (by pretending I don't know the difference), would that be considered racism, or double racism? And if it is considered double racism, does that racism cancel itself out?

Seriously tho, judging someone based off of their skin color is dumb. I proudly hate all people equally.

This post made me laugh more than it probably should have lol.

I don't get why people are so fixated on skin color and/or race as it doesn't make a difference in who they actually are. Some people think it's funny to stereotype when in fact it's just plain stupid. The only thing that makes me hate someone is their maturity level. So basically, I hate nearly everyone online (and not just in U3).

Message 52 of 76 (270 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Sep 17, 2013
Now im just looking to clarify one thing as im alittle confused Smiley Very Happy, now forgive me for this but you guys are on about racism......in a thread about a triple cash weekend???
Now correct me if im wrong but isnt racism a totally different thing idk Smiley Wink
Message 53 of 76 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2238 posts

Sep 18, 2013
@Nation

That doesn't make you a racist since you don't judge based on race or skin color but on nationality. But again it's rude.

Signature02.png

Message 54 of 76 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Nation

That doesn't make you a racist since you don't judge based on race or skin color but on nationality. But again it's rude.

Rude but hilarious. If they get offended then they have to get a sense of humour.

Bang Bang!

Message 55 of 76 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Yeah.  I am WAY guilty of staying off topic but when I saw the thing about French gamers, I couldn't help myself.  The whole subject of racism, agism, cultural bias and stereotyping is very interesting to me.  Stereotyping though wrong, sometimes  has it’s basis in the misinterpretation of factual behaviours.  Before anyone jumps all over me, let me give an example:  In many circumstances, Native Americans consider it rude and disrespectful to look someone directly in the eyes but Europeans consider it a sign of honesty.  Just guess what the early European explorers and settlers assumed about Native Americans?  Sadly though, stereotyping more often grows out of ignorance and fear based on nothing factual at all.

Now that I’ve indulged myself a little once again, let me return to the topic at hand…sort of.   Smiley Happy

There is a Double XP event coming up the weekend of October 18.  Not triple cash but it’s something. 

Personally, I’d rather see them have a Treasure Drop Month - not Rare because apparently, there are no rare coop treasures!  OR better yet, have ND figure out (and solve) the issue that many of us believe is there.  I can accept that the law of averages has worked against me (and will continue do so) but I fervently believe that many treasures come up more often than others.

Message 56 of 76 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 18, 2013
Well, I don't mind being rude. For the most part, I ended up with some pretty awesome, old fashion morals. I guess my sense of humor is the one thing that strays a bit.

Plus, I'm half Native American and half Irish. Don't tell me my blood line didn't get ours already, it's just my turn now lol.
Message 57 of 76 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Sep 18, 2013

@nation...

If I get your meaning, yeah...half Native and half Irish...definitely a double whammy there!  I've got more than a wee bit of the Irish in me myself.

Speaking of the Luck of the Irish...how about a stat hat for increasing treasure drop rates?  ND...are you listening?  Something like a Leprechaun hat or Shamrock brooch (for the women folk)?

Message 58 of 76 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Sep 18, 2013

By tundering Jeezus...off topic again.  Apologies. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 76 (229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 18, 2013
I definitely support anything that helps treasures drop more often. When it comes to all Competitive and Co-op Adventure mode treasures, I think those are fine the way they are. There's already the Treasure Hunter booster for Comp and I was also shown a way to quickly get the Adventure ones as well.

But Arena/Hunter on the other hand, I still have a few left. And yes, for some reason, I can find these occasionally way easier in Hunter, although the way they're set up is to drop evenly thru both modes. There is a ND Dev looking into a way to make the Arena treasure system better. Hopefully he finds a solution.

And I'm aware of what happened to my ancestors, on both sides of my family. It was also before I was alive, and I don't take offense to it. I'm not a victim bc my great-great-great-great grandfather or whatever was treated unfairly. One thing I can't stand - people talking about how they want racial equality (which is legally there for most places), but also wanting to hold onto the past and complain about what people did to their ancestors. Especially when their ancestors, and the people who treated them unfairly, are both long gone. I guess I bring light to the issue from time to time. But then again, the people I'm friends with know I'm not actually racist. So they call me a name to and we move on.
Message 60 of 76 (222 Views)