Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Marked Man: Elimination

Jun 9, 2013

I hate this Powerplay. It doesn't belong in TO.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Interesting ideas for Elimination but I don’t find the mode boring at all…it’s not Deathmatch, folks…your death really matters to your team and handicaps them.  Play conservatively and/or stick with your team.  It’s actually one of my favourite competitive modes – I experience a level of tension that I don’t in any other.  I used to hate being the last player alive with everyone watching me but eventually I realized that although I would sometimes get teased, my teammates appreciated that I played cautiously.

It is surprising to me that opposing players so often approach Elimination like a form of Deathmatch and lose when they’re obviously quite skilled individually – good for me and my teammates, I suppose. :smileyhappy:  I guess that’s a hallmark of some competitive players…the concept of teamwork is foreign to them.

As far as Marked Man (in any mode) is concerned, I really hope that ND changes the algorithm in the next game.  I think it’s ridiculous the way MM is chosen now (although, I believe I understand the rationale).  One thing I’d really, really like to see in the next game is that MM would not repeat consecutively.  Someone being MM 3 and 4 times in a row is simply absurd.

Message 12 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10071 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I actually like this other guy's idea of a game mode, where the Marked Man has exactly one life while his teammates have a lot, and that the game ends as soon as one MM dies.

We could fine-tune it, since the pick for the MM could be quite random and stuff.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 13 of 16 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5875 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Only tweak Elimination needs is the removal of PWs altogether...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Message 14 of 16 (143 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I actually like this other guy's idea of a game mode, where the Marked Man has exactly one life while his teammates have a lot, and that the game ends as soon as one MM dies.

We could fine-tune it, since the pick for the MM could be quite random and stuff.

We also need to make sure that Marked Man is actually more of a difficult target to kill. I mean if that Marked Man were to die then thats it, while the rest of his team can respawn and fight back. In my opinion the Marked should have more life.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 15 of 16 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10071 posts

Jun 11, 2013
We could set it to 3 lives then, and like Elim, thr game restarts but only when one MM dies.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 16 of 16 (123 Views)
0 Likes