Message 11 of 34 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Marked man tips?

Apr 17, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
I dont care for it. Would rather use a real shotgun

It serves a purpose, the exact purpose my sidearm would serve; to blindfire. I don't use blindfire as an offensive technique so the pistole is perfect for what I use it for. I don't use it like any other power weapon, it's just an upgrade to my para. But, by all means, continue to not use it. It's not like I actually want someone to take my exclusive power weapon. :smileytongue:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 12 of 34 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I pwn with the Tau Sniper. Not lying
Message 13 of 34 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I rarely die during marked man, be it TDM or Team Objective. I usually just hang somewhere and look around the map with the help of camera. When I see an enemy coming, and they're getting close, I usually start running then, or kill them, or just simply keep hanging, but change ledge/switch to other side.

Few places I''ve hanged are:

1. The building in Chateau with the turret (I hang where the climbing stones are, on the left side of the turret.), the one that RPG spawn nearby.

2. Museum roofs, the most common being the roof that acts as a hill during Chain reaction and King of the Hill ( think it's the second hill for Heroes). It's the one that can be accessed by climbing the ladders, and that has the another set of ladders to that metallic roof where people usually snipe. 

3. Yemen has some hanging places too. The one I'd recommend is the tower on the heroes' side. Just hang behind the middle pillar, so you should be save from most of the grenades. Then just move left or right, depends where you're shot at. If someone's coming up there, just drop (and throw a nade too before you do) and then just get to a new hiding spot fast, or just run like hell. 

And when I don't feel like hanging (or the map doesn't have good spots for it), I just keep moving. If there are lot of building, I use them as cover, by moving from building A to building B, and from there to C etc. 

Also, Endurance (unless you use Cloaked, like me) and Monkey Man (again, like me) are great boosters for escaping. Speedy G is another great way to escape.

Message 14 of 34 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Anyone have any clues as to why I'm always the marked man?  I even get marked man many times in a row.  There must be some indicator or decision algorithm assigning me when I play with my group of 4 or 5 friends.

Message 15 of 34 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Apr 17, 2013
If you are 3rd on the scoreboard when marked man comes up, you will be the marked man.
Message 16 of 34 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Thanks for the info!  When I play with this group I'm usually 3rd all the time.

Message 17 of 34 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Minnesota_Vande wrote:

Thanks for the info!  When I play with this group I'm usually 3rd all the time.

I suggest hanging back a bit until marked man shows up and then go for it.

Message 18 of 34 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Take cover in spots where you can't get backraped or flanked, try to get a power weapon to defend yourself easily, use smoke bomb as your kickback,when being outnumbered run away if possible, play with friends that will protect the marked man.

Smoke Bomb is the best kickback, I think. Except when it's acting stupid; then, it's the worst, because you basically waste 7 medals (5 for me, because I use Bargain) and still die. Those deaths will either make you laugh your butt off, or make you break a window. Sometimes I smoke bomb away and still get killed by grenades or laggy melees. Hell, I've been stealth killed through it before :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah I love smoke bomb as well it's a great kickback to try new tactics that take risks, if things go wrong just activate and you're gone. The only downside is that it doesn't always work due to lag and bad spawns.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 19 of 34 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Take cover in spots where you can't get backraped or flanked, try to get a power weapon to defend yourself easily, use smoke bomb as your kickback,when being outnumbered run away if possible, play with friends that will protect the marked man.

Smoke Bomb is the best kickback, I think. Except when it's acting stupid; then, it's the worst, because you basically waste 7 medals (5 for me, because I use Bargain) and still die. Those deaths will either make you laugh your butt off, or make you break a window. Sometimes I smoke bomb away and still get killed by grenades or laggy melees. Hell, I've been stealth killed through it before :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah I love smoke bomb as well it's a great kickback to try new tactics that take risks, if things go wrong just activate and you're gone. The only downside is that it doesn't always work due to lag and bad spawns.

Yeah, I know your pain, man. SB gets me out of some pretty tricky situations. If only spawns were a bit better :smileysad:

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 20 of 34 (110 Views)
0 Likes