Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Marked man tips?

Apr 18, 2013
If only SB didn't spawn me in front of an enemy while I'm at low health. Smiley Sad
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 34 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
365 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

The only tip I can give:

Have common sense.

If you're marked, you're going to look for an area where you can hide and see opponents coming your way. You are NOT going to run out in the open exposed. Always move your camera to see where someone might come and listen very carefully. If you pick a good spot, you can usually just take out anyone coming your way without having the need to have team mates to back you up (as a lone wolf,  you just learn to not rely on your team mates that much).

Unfortunately, I hardly ever get marked in Team Objective or TDM. Smiley Sad

I love getting marked and feeling the rush of getting hunted.

Message 22 of 34 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I get marked frequently enough, but my tactic doesn't change: run like a coward, kill guy if guy is clearly currently weaker than you.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 34 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Apr 19, 2013

If your marked know where your teams mates are.  If they are on the other side of the map be carefull cause chance are the enemy is near by. 

Message 24 of 34 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Apr 19, 2013

S1NGUL4R__ wrote:
Normally, I hardly be the marked man on TDM. But on those occasions when I am the marked man I always die. But I sometimes see people survive AND they are not in a party so their friends can help. Can anyone give me tips on how to succeed as being the marked man?

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am not bad, I cannot be bothered to level up.

I know some of you will put, "Don't be the marked man. However helpful that is it is not what I am looking for. :/

lol I once saw someone grenade themself till the marked man pp was over. Then I realized how awesome that is, that that's the only power play you can ACTUALLY control. So if not on a streak, do that. Smiley Happy

Cutter
Message 25 of 34 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
365 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

lol I once saw someone grenade themself till the marked man pp was over. Then I realized how awesome that is, that that's the only power play you can ACTUALLY control. So if not on a streak, do that. Smiley Happy

That is one of the dumbest thing you can ever do. Purposely sabotaging your team by giving the other team free points is beyond idiotic.

Message 26 of 34 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Killing yourself gives points to the other team?
Message 27 of 34 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Apr 19, 2013

For the love of all that's holy and unless you're a gaming god who is nigh invincible, stick somewhere close to your teammates and stay out of the open areas!

I will move heaven and earth to protect the marked man (friend or random) but if you're running around like a headless chicken - alone or in an open area - not only are you giving free points to the other team...you're likely to get several of your teammates killed.  I'll gladly give my life to protect a marked man as long as my effort isn't wasted.

When I am marked, I'm the biggest coward...I evade like there's no tomorrow.  Stick close the the perimeter of the map (as much as you can) and change direction often and unpredictably.  Get to know the maps for this purpose.  If you need practice...go into a custom match with friend(s) and have them chase you around.

Brings up another sore point I suppose..just the state of being marked.  One friend I play with is nearly always marked...it would not be an exaggeration to say that she is marked 75% time (to the point where we're actually surprised when she isn't marked) - I think that's partly a function of our team dynamic but also just seems to be bad luck.  Yet another gameplay algorithm that I hope ND changes for the next UC installment (if we're lucky enough to get one).  I'm not marked that often but it'd be cool if there was no way you could be marked twice in a row (unless perhaps you're the only one alive on your team when you respawn).  It's a real kick in the teeth to ALMOST get a Hard Target and then respawn as marked.

Message 28 of 34 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

That is one of the dumbest thing you can ever do. Purposely sabotaging your team by giving the other team free points is beyond idiotic.

Nope. the sooner you end MM, the better. It's not like your teams score ceases to increase, your teammates will keep getting kills. hence the longer MM is not done yet, the more chances the opposing team has to get even MORE free points. Every 3 kills your team gets, the other team has yet another chance to get 2 bogus points. What I'm talking about here is cutting your losses. So no, it is not the dumbest thing you can ever do.

So just to illustrate, you can either end it at 22 - 22 in the course of 15 seconds OR you can watch it end at 35 - 35 with the full time of the power play playing out, for example. But the trade off really is, 35 - 35 decreases the chances of getting to double damage.

I never said this was the best thing to do. But it's a perfectly reasonable option.

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Killing yourself gives points to the other team?

unforuntely I think it does? I'm not sure.

Cutter
Message 29 of 34 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I can't say for sure on TDM... but in TO, suiciding definetly scores for the other team. Anytime your marked man dies, no matter the way, they get a point.

As for tips, just don't be an idiot and run out into the field like you don't know your marked or something... there have been so many times where my marked man just ran into battle and lost the round for us in under a minute Smiley Indifferent

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 30 of 34 (178 Views)
0 Likes