Jun 07 2013
By: Cherry_Ronde Hekseville Citizen 324 posts

Massive lag in co-op

6 replies 240 views Edited Jun 7, 2013

I recently moved and noticed a very noticable increase in lag when I play co-op (I haven't played the competitive modes yet but it's probably the same there). I still have a good internet connection but I'm using wireless now because the router isn't close to my PS3. Here's the strange thing though: It lags even when I'm the host! I have never experienced any lag as a host before so I dunno what's going on. I don't even know how it's possible for the host to lag since enemy movement calculations and kill decisions etc are done on the host side.

Message 1 of 7 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Re: Massive lag in co-op

Jun 7, 2013
when it started?

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 2 of 7 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

It started a couple of days ago when I moved. I'm actuall...

Jun 7, 2013

It started a couple of days ago when I moved. I'm actually noticing a delay when I kill enemies as the host and it's like all enemies do triple damage and have super increased accuracy.

Message 3 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: It started a couple of days ago when I moved. I'm actuall...

Jun 7, 2013

@Cherry_Ronde

The other difference you mentioned…you’re now using wireless.  If feasible and as an experiment, what about temporarily setting up your gaming gear close to your router and using wired to eliminate the wired versus wireless variable?

Message 4 of 7 (217 Views)
Sackboy
312 posts

Re: It started a couple of days ago when I moved. I'm actuall...

Jun 7, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

It started a couple of days ago when I moved. I'm actually noticing a delay when I kill enemies as the host and it's like all enemies do triple damage and have super increased accuracy.

It's possible your PS3 has become self-aware. Perhaps the AI is learning and adapting each time you play. Since you moved, have any networked appliances in your new home tried to kill you?

Just to be safe, I'd bury an axe in your PS3 posthaste.I enjoy your posts on the forum and would hate to see you killed off by sentient machines. But then I've always been a bit of a worrywart. Good luck.  

Message 5 of 7 (202 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jun 7, 2013
^ what they said. Wireless is not recommended when using game consoles imo. Their detection range is crap, thus can make lag an issue. It took me 2 years to finally get a wired connection and I will never go back. Totally lag free on my end :smileyvery-happy:
Message 6 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Heck my router is about 40 Meters away and I'm on a 40 Mbps connection but I still got a wire to my PS3.
Message 7 of 7 (192 Views)
0 Likes